What's new

I want to start playing reptile.

Massicus

Noob
Hello guys, I usually play Sub-zero but I'm really having trouble with Kung Loa's because of Low-hats.
Instead of waiting for the patch to hit I wanted to learn reptile because of his awesome looking combo's (and I wanted to play him after seeing that MK4? ending/ the very first MK9 gamespot demo at E3) and his sick fatalities (especially the first one if you do it invisible)
I read the sticky but usually I prefer player tips/ advice more.
When I started playing Sub-zero the only thing I really needed to learn was ice-clone placement/ baiting/ how to trade with fireballs and the 22 combo's

Are there similiar things I should learn and practise with Reptile ?
(Like zoning, what to do as wake-up, how I should spent my meter) and do you guys have tips (like how to take on Scorpion's/Kung Loa's/Raiden's and Ermacs from Reptile's point of view, seeing how I'm going to face alot of those)

Also any (relevant) matches I should view ?

Thank you so much guys.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well first of all know that Sub Zero has a better time with Lao than Reptile does.

If you want matchup advice definitely read the matchup discussion thread, it's all been talked about there.

As far as things you should learn, learn his spacing, his zoning, his rushdown, everything. There's no easy way to learn a character.

Massicus

Noob
Alright thank you man.
Also I find it amazing how the guy who I watched at release date (and later) on the afterdarkgaming and on other streams is helping me out.
Thanks dude