What's new

Tech I want to discuss this corner interactable dirt from Aris

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Watch this video, observe the missile corner shenanigans.

As you can see, you can dash into the corner after a hard knockdown and activate the missile corner despite being on the left side. This is pretty legit! Free extra damage after ending a combo in the corner? Yes please.

So I decided to take it into the lab for experimentation. It's actually a bit strict, at least from my trials. It seems you have to dash immediately after the knockdown, and hit the button ASAP. Can anyone find some consistency to this? Is it character specific? Questions need to be answered.

I also seem to be unable to recreate this with some hard knockdowns. I was only able to do it with 123 and Sword Flip. I couldn't do it with B222, 23, or D3.

Finally, I'd like to see what other interactables this works with. I didn't have time to test them all, but I tried the laser eyes on Insurgency: Lex Luthor's Lab with no success. I also tried the water jets on Atlantis with pleasing results. They work! Even better, they leave the opponent like UNDER you. Very confusing for them to block.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
One thing I've been using in actual matches is getting a knockdown in the corner with j3 crossup and planting a bomb, which is unblockable as the opponent gets up. You can then j3 or j2 into somewhere around 40%, including the bomb damage. This even works on block, since j3 is around +10.