What's new

Question I Use Green Arrow & People Use Deathstrike to Assault Rifle Me To Death (How to overcome this?)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
So, i picked up GA....and this match up is actually pretty even. The strats i used to beat DS's goes as follows.

1. I low block everything and almost never jump unless i'm in cross range....and even then it's very rare.

2. I try to hold mid screen with low block and arrows.(i dash block my way in) All of the power up arrows r great, once one of them has landed u can dash in and go for a mix up, throw or bait the sword flip which is fully punishable with b3, b3 for 20% (super easy even online). Also from mid screen the grenade generally will go right over ur head....saving u the heartache of dealing with that overhead....and if u low freeze him ur in...if he jumps in u have D2 or 4b. (i say 4 and then b b/c u have to hold b while he's letting the arrow go)

3. This works on ds but also works on many other spammers like night wing and superman. Jump shooting dwn....or up depending the trend, most "scrubs", as we call em (ppl who only know special moves no real tactics or combos). GA has the best zoning options in the game....he can shoot u from almost anywhere. U have 4b, 4jd, 4j and 4d....add this with all the different arrow types....u'll find he has a huge range advantage on anyone....then add in his up close or pressure game & he can pretty much hang with the entire cast.
Pretty much this.

Deathstroke isn't much of a problem even if he's annoying. Stroke is punishable on his stuff on block and GA has the tools to stay in on him with his dash speed. If Stroke tries to go in on GA he likely wont do it unless he's punishing someone throwing something stupid out there inviting him to hit them since he's pretty much a wall of potential arrow angles he can use on reaction to snuff approaches. He can even run away while covering his escape with an arrow if he needs to.

My advice for this is Stay In Dat Ass and block.

Sonbeem

Noob
Green Arrow's arrow speed is like this:
Fire - Fastest (Most damage, can't be combo'd midscreen) Best punish for zoners
Normal
Electric (same damage as fire)
Ice - Slowest (No damage, can be combo'd anywhere)
Actually Fire does 8% Electric does 5% and Electric moves alot faster.

Yep,
Spamming DS is easy victory for me now. I created this thread the same day game released - needed answers.

My only problem now is skilled DS players who don't spam and spamming Sinestro's (eventually I will overcome him).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was wrong about Arrow not having any mixups... his f2 string is gdlk and normal arrow is like +3 on block so don't be afraid to use it even if does 1%.

Sonbeem

Noob
Yep,
Spamming DS is easy victory for me now. I created this thread the same day game released - needed answers.

My only problem now is skilled DS players who don't spam and spamming Sinestro's (eventually I will overcome him).
I've just learned to deal with sinestro the same way as DS. You can duck his fireball and if it looks like he is going for the overhead rock just stand up or if you can time it right dash it. But you always want to be aware of the shackles because if you get caught you will be sent back from whence you came with a Sinestro who knows what he is doing.