What's new

I think the DLC characters will release once per month, because ...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
We'll see. But do NOT get your hopes up on this theory. U dont want to set yourself up for disappointment.
I have some hope because (so far) everything datamined has been confirmed. Sales were good so WB has no obvious reason to tell NRS to stop developing for this game before its scheduled time.

But don't get me wrong, I agree with you. It is possible that the KP3 datamine was a placeholder, as well as the 19 DLC character slots and it's too soon to tell if everything checks out.

In the end, it's a good time to be an MK fan and I couldn't be happier with how the game is going, both in casual play, tournament play, sales and reception.

Except for those morons who review-bombed this game for ridiculous reasons. But they're just a fart in the wind, so no worries.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
seems pretty realistc, and the action plan scheduled for them to follow up, regarding DLCs for MK11 in 2019 :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I have some hope because (so far) everything datamined has been confirmed. Sales were good so WB has no obvious reason to tell NRS to stop developing for this game before its scheduled time.

But don't get me wrong, I agree with you. It is possible that the KP3 datamine was a placeholder, as well as the 19 DLC character slots and it's too soon to tell if everything checks out.

In the end, it's a good time to be an MK fan and I couldn't be happier with how the game is going, both in casual play, tournament play, sales and reception.
Not everything has been confirmed w/ the datamine. Fujin, Joker, and Sheeva look like they are not part of the KP1. All i know is, SPAWN IS FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENING! After YEEEEEEARS of wanting him since MKX! Hell, probably even MK9! Hes finally here!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Not everything has been confirmed w/ the datamine. Fujin, Joker, and Sheeva look like they are not part of the KP1. All i know is, SPAWN IS FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENING! After YEEEEEEARS of wanting him since MKX! Hell, probably even MK9! Hes finally here!
Sorry, I meant 'everything which was announced as DLC so far'.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Are people really thinking that DLC characters are going to have as many cosmetics as the base roster? That's never held true for NRS games.
Until Injustice 2 happened. DLC characters had a ton of gear, just like base roster.

DDustiNN

I think the DLC will come once per month.

Assuming the order they'll be released is as the trailer showed them in name appearance, then it is …

June - Shang Tsung
July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash
November - Terminator

Bruce Campbell is going to have an event on the 23rd of October to talk about Army of Darkness - which fits perfectly for Ash Williams being revealed as DLC around that date.

The new Terminator movie premieres in November, so Terminator being released in November as the last DLC fits.

I think that's how it will go.
Wait... Didn’t you just go on a huge ass rant because you inexplicably assumed we’d be getting 1 character every 2 months...?

You gotta keep your rage in check, man.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Wait... Didn’t you just go on a huge ass rant because you inexplicably assumed we’d be getting 1 character every 2 months...?

You gotta keep your rage in check, man.
If by 'just' you mean 'three days ago' and by 'rage' you mean 'disappointment', then yeah. Sorry if my ranting annoyed you, I spoke how I felt at that time.

Nevertheless, both assumptions are just that, assumptions. We may be getting a character every two months, but we may also get one every month (fitting the calendar for the events tied with those characters).

If my posts bother you so much that you feel the need to run behind my ass and attempt to contradict me every time I make a statement, I suggest you put me on your ignore list.

trufenix

bye felicia
Are people really thinking that DLC characters are going to have as many cosmetics as the base roster? That's never held true for NRS games. I'm fully expecting DLC characters to come with two major skin sets (ex. old and young Shang) with about seven palette swaps each a la ninja mime Cage, and roughly the same amount of gear.
Uh, so you haven't seen Shao Kahn?

DDustiNN

If by 'just' you mean 'three days ago' and by 'rage' you mean 'disappointment', then yeah. Sorry if my ranting annoyed you, I spoke how I felt at that time.

Nevertheless, both assumptions are just that, assumptions. We may be getting a character every two months, but we may also get one every month (fitting the calendar for the events tied with those characters).

If my posts bother you so much that you feel the need to run behind my ass and attempt to contradict me every time I make a statement, I suggest you put me on your ignore list.
Nah man, I don’t have anyone on ignore and never will. Anyway I actually appreciated how you turned around in that thread after you calmed down. I get it though - I get a bit ranty sometimes too. I also get a bit defensive when not necessary. Gotta heed my own advice!

Anyway, based solely on past games, I‘d say the 1-per-month release schedule is a pretty safe bet. I have a feeling this initial delay was mostly due to crunch time, and fixing the botched launch. They probably needed another month or two to finish polishing the game before release, but WB wasn’t having it. Now we’ll be back to business as usual.

Good thread btw.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Just wanted to add that I would HAPPILY pay for Sektor and Cyrax as DLC. The whole "we'll never redo DLC" thing seems strange to me. It would be a shame if we never get to play as the cyborgs, because they have absolutely never looked better in any MK game. Their designs are just incredible.

Also, I'm rethinking the "19 character DLC" situation. It seems odd that there are exactly 19 skins coming with the first Kombat Pack, so I'm thinking there is some connection there. Maybe the DLC that was mined that showed 19 was just the skins.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Nah man, I don’t have anyone on ignore and never will. Anyway I actually appreciated how you turned around in that thread after you calmed down. I get it though - I get a bit ranty sometimes too. I also get a bit defensive when not necessary. Gotta heed my own advice!

Anyway, based solely on past games, I‘d say the 1-per-month release schedule is a pretty safe bet. I have a feeling this initial delay was mostly due to crunch time, and fixing the botched launch. They probably needed another month or two to finish polishing the game before release, but WB wasn’t having it. Now we’ll be back to business as usual.

Good thread btw.
… okay, this wasn't the response I expected. Very appreciated though. I can also get defensive, too. Thanks for appreciating the thread.

Anyways, yeah, I also hope they'll do the DLC character releases monthly. Then maybe go into radio silence for 3-4 months, and then announce the (inevitable) 2nd KP.

… as a matter of fact … does anyone remember how much time passed between the release of the last DLC char in KP1 and the announcement of the 2nd KP back in MKX?

DDustiNN

I just want to know how we got from the Kombat Pack description saying “7 skins and 7 gear sets” to the trailer saying “19 skins”...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Just wanted to add that I would HAPPILY pay for Sektor and Cyrax as DLC. The whole "we'll never redo DLC" thing seems strange to me. It would be a shame if we never get to play as the cyborgs, because they have absolutely never looked better in any MK game. Their designs are just incredible.

Also, I'm rethinking the "19 character DLC" situation. It seems odd that there are exactly 19 skins coming with the first Kombat Pack, so I'm thinking there is some connection there. Maybe the DLC that was mined that showed 19 was just the skins.
If you think about it, the 'we'll never repeat DLC' thing doesn't gel because … eventually they'll run out of DLC choices! :D

DDustiNN

… okay, this wasn't the response I expected. Very appreciated though. I can also get defensive, too. Thanks for appreciating the thread.

Anyways, yeah, I also hope they'll do the DLC character releases monthly. Then maybe go into radio silence for 3-4 months, and then announce the (inevitable) 2nd KP.

… as a matter of fact … does anyone remember how much time passed between the release of the last DLC char in KP1 and the announcement of the 2nd KP back in MKX?
I don’t recall exactly, but I feel like it was longer than usual. But then they also released all 4 of the Kombat Pack 2 characters at once, which was equally unusual.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don’t recall exactly, but I feel like it was longer than usual. But then they also released all 4 of the Kombat Pack 2 characters at once, which was equally unusual.
That's right, I forgot about that - which is why some people would see KP2 as an expansion of sorts.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Until Injustice 2 happened. DLC characters had a ton of gear, just like base roster.
That's not true. I'm not sure if any of the the DLC characters in MK9 or MKX had an alternate skin and the ones that did in IGAU may have cost extra for it.

DDustiNN

That's not true. I'm not sure if any of the the DLC characters in MK9 or MKX had an alternate skin and the ones that did in IGAU may have cost extra for it.
Huh...? It’s 100% true. Every DLC character in Injustice 2 had just as much gear as any other character.

MK9 and MKX were before Injustice 2.

Perhaps you misread my post?