What's new

I think the DLC characters will release once per month, because ...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think the DLC will come once per month.

Assuming the order they'll be released is as the trailer showed them in name appearance, then it is …

June - Shang Tsung
July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash
November - Terminator

Bruce Campbell is going to have an event on the 23rd of October to talk about Army of Darkness - which fits perfectly for Ash Williams being revealed as DLC around that date.

The new Terminator movie premieres in November, so Terminator being released in November as the last DLC fits.

I think that's how it will go.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

Assuming the order they'll be released is as the trailer showed them in name appearance, then it is …

June - Shang Tsung
July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash
November - Terminator

Bruce Campbell is going to have an event on the 23rd of October to talk about Army of Darkness - which fits perfectly for Ash Williams being revealed as DLC around that date.

The new Terminator movie premieres in November, so Terminator being released in November as the last DLC fits.

I think you’re spot on with this. The dates match and this all fits.

Kratilim

Noob
MKX's DLC characters were spaced about one month from each other. So, on one hand, it would make sense if they did that again, however, MK11 characters take more time due to all the skins and gear. So maybe they need more than just one month to finish them. They are obviously already working on them, the question is... Have they adjusted the schedule after the work ethics debacle. If they have, we might have to wait longer between characters

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
MAAAAAN! I would LOVE for this to be true, but the way NRS has been moving with this game got me thinking they will go a very different direction sadly. I mean, they did say they will support this games for YEARS, more than their standard 2. So they will probably milk every patch we get patch for a while until another one comes to create longevity of the game. Id say every 2 months we will get a new character after Shang.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
That schedule makes sense, but we won't really know till the next character is announced, as it stands now with the info we have from Shang, we should be expecting them to come out every 6 weeks instead of 4.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
MAAAAAN! I would LOVE for this to be true, but the way NRS has been moving with this game got me thinking they will go a very different direction sadly. I mean, they did say they will support this games for YEARS, more than their standard 2. So they will probably milk every patch we get patch for a while until another one comes to create longevity of the game. Id say every 2 months we will get a new character after Shang.
This is possible, but it's also possible they needed 2-3 months to get a headstart on the dlc and now they need one month for each character.

Also, if the datamine is correct and we're getting 3 kombat packs and story dlc, more than two years of support makes sense.

Also, I expect 3-4 months of radio silence before the next kp is announced.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This is possible, but it's also possible they needed 2-3 months to get a headstart on the dlc and now they need one month for each character.

Also, if the datamine is correct and we're getting 3 kombat packs and story dlc, more than two years of support makes sense.
We'll see. But do NOT get your hopes up on this theory. U dont want to set yourself up for disappointment.

June - Shang Tsung
July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash
November - Terminator

Doesn't The Joker come out in October and isn't the Joker a rumored DLC character? He seems like a possibility to be released that month.

MKX's DLC characters were spaced about one month from each other. So, on one hand, it would make sense if they did that again, however, MK11 characters take more time due to all the skins and gear. So maybe they need more than just one month to finish them. They are obviously already working on them, the question is... Have they adjusted the schedule after the work ethics debacle. If they have, we might have to wait longer between characters
Are people really thinking that DLC characters are going to have as many cosmetics as the base roster? That's never held true for NRS games. I'm fully expecting DLC characters to come with two major skin sets (ex. old and young Shang) with about seven palette swaps each a la ninja mime Cage, and roughly the same amount of gear.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
But but....I thought Bruce Campbell deconfirmed Ash in MK11?!?!

The fact that anyone doubted the leak is really beyond me. As if NRS would have gone to the trouble of putting fake dialogue in the game's coding.

I really do hope there are a lot more DLC characters to come that don't get leaked, though. I really like to be surprised. It was so fucking amazing when KP2 was revealed and I saw Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke (and later found out that Cyber Sub-Zero was also the hidden variation).

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Doesn't The Joker come out in October and isn't the Joker a rumored DLC character? He seems like a possibility to be released that month.
More like leaked than rumored. But nothing from the sounds in the Shang trailer suggested him for one of the two hidden chars in kp2.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
How long does it take for a character to be tournament legal? Could we see some Nightwolf at EVO? (assuming this schedule is correct)

Kratilim

Noob
Are people really thinking that DLC characters are going to have as many cosmetics as the base roster? That's never held true for NRS games. I'm fully expecting DLC characters to come with two major skin sets (ex. old and young Shang) with about seven palette swaps each a la ninja mime Cage, and roughly the same amount of gear.
You bring up a good point. Impossible to know which direction they will be heading until the release of Shang. My guess is that they indeed create less gear and skins for the DLC.

Afumba

Noob
If they really want to support the game for more than 1,5years while also earning enough then they need to create enough content. 2 month gaps are way too long to keep enough casual gamers interested for longer than KP1. The only way a character/2 months could work is if they do something substantial in between like new game modes/features, events or several skin pack.

Just bi-monthly 1 skin 1 character for example would be a bad idea.
This way i wouldnt see it going past KP2 due to KP2 sales alone.

This was MKX DLC schedule but since MK11 have a lot of extra then I’d expect every month

04/26 – MASKDMURDER PACK
05/10 – KLASSIC PACK #1
05/24 – HUNTERPREY PACK
06/07 – KLASSIC PACK #2

portent

Noob
But but....I thought Bruce Campbell deconfirmed Ash in MK11?!?!

The fact that anyone doubted the leak is really beyond me. As if NRS would have gone to the trouble of putting fake dialogue in the game's coding.

I really do hope there are a lot more DLC characters to come that don't get leaked, though. I really like to be surprised. It was so fucking amazing when KP2 was revealed and I saw Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke (and later found out that Cyber Sub-Zero was also the hidden variation).
No, Bruce Campbell deconfirmed Evil Dead's Ash. In Evil Dead 1, Ash has no chainsaw. It isn't until Evil Dead 2 where Ash attaches the chainsaw to his stump. These are the semantic and verbal dodgeball we're dealing with for MK11.

In another thread, someone hit the nail pretty much on the head regarding Sektor and Cyrax. There are 2 ways we can go. Technically, they've never been DLC, since they were just incorporated into Triborg who was DLC. Semantics again. If we have to PAY for Sektor and Cyrax, then we've never actually had to pay for previously.

Just a good idea in general to always pay attention to Boon's semantics.

trufenix

bye felicia
No, Bruce Campbell deconfirmed Evil Dead's Ash. In Evil Dead 1, Ash has no chainsaw. It isn't until Evil Dead 2 where Ash attaches the chainsaw to his stump. These are the semantic and verbal dodgeball we're dealing with for MK11.

In another thread, someone hit the nail pretty much on the head regarding Sektor and Cyrax. There are 2 ways we can go. Technically, they've never been DLC, since they were just incorporated into Triborg who was DLC. Semantics again. If we have to PAY for Sektor and Cyrax, then we've never actually had to pay for previously.

Just a good idea in general to always pay attention to Boon's semantics.
What if I told you Boon never said the "semantics" you've based your entire rant on?