What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ronin I think more ppl should revisit/visit Ronin.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hey, can you educate me on his infinite)? I have just been told by some experienced players (non Takeda though:)) that you can get out of his "infinite" by just getting hit with no consequences what so ever) and I would like to check this information.
And I also wanted to ask about that thing in the corner that Sonic was talking about:

Is it legit?!
1. No, getting hit is not a way out because if the Takeda is smart he will be ready and he can combo off of either b21 2+4 or f1 2+4.

2. F1 2+4 blade drop is only +2 instead of b21 2+4 which is +4, so I dont see why you would do that in the corner instead of the regular pressure.

hayatei

Noob
Block infinite on certain characters:

B21 2+4 blade drop f1 2+4 blade kall repeat. If they dont have an armored reversal they cant do anything(always do mid blade drop because then if they try to take the hit you can EX it for a combo into restand and repeat).

Also some frame data on blade drop/cancels:

b21 2+4 blade drop is about +4
F1 2+4 quick kall is about +10

Expect some nerfs in the coming days lol.
he has an infinite in the corner against 5 characters in the corner possibly 3

everyone can backdash b212+4 after quick call mid screen except jason

kenshi and takeda d2 might low profile f1

restand doesnt lead into free pressure mid screen ppl can backdash/jump depending on timing etc

i doubt the block infinite is actually going to happen, the 5 characters have 8 frame pokes so if ur even slightly off they can poke you out

it should go away though. b212+4 cancel adv needs to be reduced so its +2 again and f122+4 cancel adv could also be reduced a little so that kunai still jail but the + frames reduced from blade drop

also blade call is unsafe lolol

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

restand doesnt lead into free pressure mid screen ppl can backdash/jump depending on timing etc

i doubt the block infinite is actually going to happen, the 5 characters have 8 frame pokes so if ur even slightly off they can poke you out

it should go away though. b212+4 cancel adv needs to be reduced so its +2 again and f122+4 cancel adv could also be reduced a little so that kunai still jail but the + frames reduced from blade drop

*quick kall

Yeah I found this stuff out too recently. Still really good.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
B3 is still good. Just use it with run cancels to mindfuck people.

I hope they dont nerf his frames, hes fun to play right now

1. No, getting hit is not a way out because if the Takeda is smart he will be ready and he can combo off of either b21 2+4 or f1 2+4.

2. F1 2+4 blade drop is only +2 instead of b21 2+4 which is +4, so I dont see why you would do that in the corner instead of the regular pressure.
So, can Takeda hitconfirm into a combo if you are trying to get out by getting hit by the last hit of either b21 2+4 or f1 2+4, or will he still have to make a read in order to convert into a combo?

Zoidberg747

So, can Takeda hitconfirm into a combo if you are trying to get out by getting hit by the last hit of either b21 2+4 or f1 2+4, or will he still have to make a read in order to convert into a combo?
Depends on where he put the blade. If he did mid drop then he can combo off of the last hit of b21 2+4 and the last hit of f1 2+4(Id have to check though).

Zoidberg747

Ok so this is false. Only characters with really good backdashes can backdash after the quick kall(which is less than half of the cast).

Ok so this is false. Only characters with really good backdashes can backdash after the quick kall(which is less than half of the cast).
Can Quan and Shinnok backdash that?! I am sorry for asking, but I wasn't able to touch the game for almost a week)

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I've been messing with Ronin alot lately. Two bar 50% damage combos that end in the corner are fucking sick, I just need to work on meterless corner damage. I still prefer lasher though. Ronin has no real mixups if they know the mu. Great pressure yes, true mixups, no.
Batman 2.0?

delbuster

hungry
you can still d3 for low and b2 for overhead. the giant difference in reward means they should take d3 a LOT. but if they don't then you get that sweet b2.
and b2 leads into pressure anyway so it's just like a world of advantage.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I've been messing with Ronin alot lately. Two bar 50% damage combos that end in the corner are fucking sick, I just need to work on meterless corner damage. I still prefer lasher though. Ronin has no real mixups if they know the mu. Great pressure yes, true mixups, no.
Batman 2.0?
He has plenty mix up, its just mostly set up base.

Blade on opponents feet, f12 2+4 becomes a mix up between overhead or low. Or force them to block both which is hard.

B3 after f12 2+4 quick kall. If opponent knows b21 is guaranteed after quick kall, it becomes a mix up.