What's new

I think I may be done...

Mayz22

Noob
I duno what the issue is, i go online and I drop combos, I cant do simple back,forward moves. I tinkered with the options but to no avail it changed nothing. I go into practice and can hit any of my combos or moves 10/10. Subzero slide is a simple move yet I struggle with it online. I have lost sooooooo many matches lately from my inputs not doing as I need them too do. Ive left my self unsafe due to it and have been just destroyed. Since release of mk11 I have had this issue. Keep in mind Im using a new hori fight commander, 1ms monitor and where I live I have the highest available internet 100mbs wired in to my ps4. I do everything i can to cut down on lag...... sorry, this is pushing me away from the game and it sux because this is top a 3 mk game for me.........

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I duno what the issue is, i go online and I drop combos, I cant do simple back,forward moves. I tinkered with the options but to no avail it changed nothing. I go into practice and can hit any of my combos or moves 10/10. Subzero slide is a simple move yet I struggle with it online. I have lost sooooooo many matches lately from my inputs not doing as I need them too do. Ive left my self unsafe due to it and have been just destroyed. Since release of mk11 I have had this issue. Keep in mind Im using a new hori fight commander, 1ms monitor and where I live I have the highest available internet 100mbs wired in to my ps4. I do everything i can to cut down on lag...... sorry, this is pushing me away from the game and it sux because this is top a 3 mk game for me.........
Make sure you have stuff like release check off but one of the big things and I think it applies to you is just the stress of fighting another person. You say you get everything fine in practice and it falls to crap online, and I think its you stressing out and flubbing inputs because you don't feel fully comfortable. You gotta chill out a bit.

Mayz22

Noob
Make sure you have stuff like release check off but one of the big things and I think it applies to you is just the stress of fighting another person. You say you get everything fine in practice and it falls to crap online, and I think its you stressing out and flubbing inputs because you don't feel fully comfortable. You gotta chill out a bit.
I really hope it is the stress of fighting another person. Only issue I have with that is I have been in tournaments, I have maybe 1000 plus online matches in mk11 qlone, and more in mkx. By no means am I dismissing it being all on me. I really hope it is a "me" problem!!!!

Gaxkang

Banned
Inputs tend to be clunky...the bf motion has to be very positive, like a firm caress or something :p

I still dislike the dial stuff too...unintuitive and not good for online.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Hmm... I actually feel the game was way better optimized in the last patch. It seems way easier to do bf commands consistently now. I’d fiddle around with your settings.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Same but I keep playing. Frosts spinnies dont come out on block sometimes but I have no problem doing it offline. Definitely think there's an input issue in this game.

Mayz22

Noob
Hmm... I actually feel the game was way better optimized in the last patch. It seems way easier to do bf commands consistently now. I’d fiddle around with your settings.
I have messed with my settings, I did state that in my post. Im really trying to figure it out if its me or just the matches I get. I have noticed the ping is 130 or above with wifi users which sux for me because I lose majority of those matches smh

Had that problem before on MKX. Even if I was sure of my combos & reads, I was always nervous because I wouldn't know my opponent's playstyle. Over time you lose that feeling and get to read your opponent better. Don't let these loses discourage you and keep playing!

Mayz22

Noob
You absolutely must discriminate online based on internet connection. Honestly, I wouldn't fight anyone with over 110 ms ping wired and nobody over 90 ms wi-fi and that's being generous!
Unfortunatley in kombat league you dont have that option. Kasual matches i turn down high ping..

mrapchem

Noob
Unfortunatley in kombat league you dont have that option. Kasual matches i turn down high ping..
Oh I see. Well, it looks like you should rid yourself of Kombat League then! Play casual matches instead, where you can actually use the variations you created.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I have messed with my settings, I did state that in my post. Im really trying to figure it out if its me or just the matches I get. I have noticed the ping is 130 or above with wifi users which sux for me because I lose majority of those matches smh
I would check your control settings.
I usually set everything off but easy inputs when playing zoning/Rushdown characters with medium input window on.

For Grappler chars I use long input window which helps do D1 ticks into DBF inputs.

If you have release check on that would definitely cause BF inputs to not come out if you didn't know. And despite the game being rollback netcode there is a type of delay when playing in anything above 10f lag and that's what the game supports.
Usually matches with 150ms ping and above I lose inputs constantly or they simply don't come out in time and I lose my turn when offline I don't.

Other than that I have no clue what to tell you. If I play 100ms or less I can have good sets NP.

I don't play Kombat League for this reason alone(not able to decline ping above 100ms) and I only play it if I really want the skin. This season I have no interest in playing but S4 with that Cassie Skin I'll def be grinding it. (I'll be raging the whole time, for sure)
Play Kasual matches like me with Kompetetive Mode turned on so you can decline ping above 100ms wired and 60ms WiFi. (Probably best not to accept WiFi)

leoj89

Noob
Not sure but I think I may have fought you earlier. Heard a guy on a mic complaining about this same subject.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I usually go for the input shortcuts to smoothly do these combos, even in online. I could think of possible scenarios of you dropping the combos:

1. Could it be that you're quite anxious, thus dropping the combos somewhere.
  2. Could it be that you're rusty somewhere that you lost the muscle memory along the way.
  3. Even if it's not you, I have been noticing that some inputs are kind of wack, which makes some unwanted move to come out instead of what you wanted. This shit happens to me rarely as Frost.
  4. It could be the lack of adjustment for the online muscle memory.
I suggest you do the combos 10/10 in training mode and experiment with your moves and such to find your own way of pulling all of them easily. This will help you with your muscle memory. If you succeed there, you should have no problem with online. Trust me, even if the match has 300ms+ (EU-NA and both are wired), I can do the midscreen combo smoothly without problem. If I can do it with impossibly huge lag, then you can do it no problem.

Just have confidence and practice. There's the online, like the guys above said, which might help you pull this off.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Right there with you on the back forward inputs, try to do razorang, but end up doing a high punch from full screen, and just do an air rang to get SOMETHING out. I really feel like its the online, I never had this problem in Injustice 2, hell not even in 11's beta. Doesnt help that I get anxious first few fights everytime I go online

Mayz22

Noob
I would check your control settings.
I usually set everything off but easy inputs when playing zoning/Rushdown characters with medium input window on.

For Grappler chars I use long input window which helps do D1 ticks into DBF inputs.

If you have release check on that would definitely cause BF inputs to not come out if you didn't know. And despite the game being rollback netcode there is a type of delay when playing in anything above 10f lag and that's what the game supports.
Usually matches with 150ms ping and above I lose inputs constantly or they simply don't come out in time and I lose my turn when offline I don't.

Other than that I have no clue what to tell you. If I play 100ms or less I can have good sets NP.

I don't play Kombat League for this reason alone(not able to decline ping above 100ms) and I only play it if I really want the skin. This season I have no interest in playing but S4 with that Cassie Skin I'll def be grinding it. (I'll be raging the whole time, for sure)
Play Kasual matches like me with Kompetetive Mode turned on so you can decline ping above 100ms wired and 60ms WiFi. (Probably best not to accept WiFi)
My inputs actually mimick yours. I think thats pretty funny!!

Mayz22

Noob
Not sure but I think I may have fought you earlier. Heard a guy on a mic complaining about this same subject.
Its possible but......... Only time I get on the mic is in a party with friends, I dont get on to talk s**t or complain to annoy others lol.

If you did fight me you won because i lost 5 in a row until i got a win. Im on ps4, screen name, x_XMAYZX_x

Mayz22

Noob
I usually go for the input shortcuts to smoothly do these combos, even in online. I could think of possible scenarios of you dropping the combos:

1. Could it be that you're quite anxious, thus dropping the combos somewhere.
  2. Could it be that you're rusty somewhere that you lost the muscle memory along the way.
  3. Even if it's not you, I have been noticing that some inputs are kind of wack, which makes some unwanted move to come out instead of what you wanted. This shit happens to me rarely as Frost.
  4. It could be the lack of adjustment for the online muscle memory.
I suggest you do the combos 10/10 in training mode and experiment with your moves and such to find your own way of pulling all of them easily. This will help you with your muscle memory. If you succeed there, you should have no problem with online. Trust me, even if the match has 300ms+ (EU-NA and both are wired), I can do the midscreen combo smoothly without problem. If I can do it with impossibly huge lag, then you can do it no problem.

Just have confidence and practice. There's the online, like the guys above said, which might help you pull this off.
I think majority of it is me. I went into online practice with a buddy and dropped combos left and right. I then stopped for a second, he said slow your inputs down a little, so i did and i started hitting the combos. Still have issues with back,forward moves, subzero slide, shao kahns shoulder ect. But i inproved my timing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

But for real tho sometimes we just have bad days, just keep practicing. Maybe you get too nervous. I know I play better when I’m relaxed like when I’m playing with friends and not taking it too seriously. Try to find a way to get in that mindset.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Practice mode is way different than reacting during a match. Often times inputs can be rushed or late and things go in poorly. The more you play the more comfortable you will get and the inputs will just flow. A good way to know what is going on is checking the match footage and literally looking at your inputs. You can record the reply and watch it at a slower speed and see exactly what you are inputting. Like others said as well, the controller settings effect inputs. Hope that helps.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You need to calm down and take it easy. This game is full of frustrating shit. You have to understand and accept this, and then also that you have what to learn, still. Take it in stride. Take it easy.