What's new

I Think I Found A Psychotic Corner Trick With Cyblax.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I got it to work a few times so far, gonna be testing it all day.
It's situational as all hell, but it only requires 2 things: getting inside the corner, and being surgical with your B2 timing.
Can't get it to work with Roborax, not sure why, but the key element to the trick refuses to click with him.

So you're fighting out of the corner, and you either catch someone in a Net, or link them into a sticky Bomb.
Do the basic Mid Bomb, Uppercut, B2 bounce. No JK into Bomb or Telepoof tricks, have to stay in one spot.
Here's the saucy bit...if you hit the B2 at just the right spot by getting just short of right underneath them falling, they'll bounce BEHIND you (the part I couldnt get right with Robot, maybe he's too tall, idk, they just dont bounce right), back into the corner, and you can either catch them in a Net if you havent yet and leave them at your mercy, or avoid damage scaling and hit something ridiculous ala 121 Sticky + 1/2 Saw or 3/33Ragdoll + Throw. Methinks you could easily get 60+% from it. Not to mention when its over...You're literally face to face with them trapped in the corner, and if they dont have a solid way to escape ala strong Wakeup or a Teleport, they are, for lack of better words, fucked as a duck.

Idk if this is an already known trick, but I dont recall ever hearing of backwards B2 antics, and something like this, if you can get it down-packed and nail your B2 to bounce them behind, could make Cyblax just as dangerous IN the corner as he is working his way towards it. Which basically means there will be NO safe place on screen to hide from him :D.
Sooo...anybody with the means to test and record (Tony, Cara, Tuba, anybody), I would be your best pal forever if you could test this out for me and see if its consistent/doable in normal settings.

Just for the record: In the event this IS new news/a new trap setup, seeing as its entirely focused on the 4 walls of the corner area and the grenade trickery, I pre-emptively dub it "THE GRENADE BOX" :D.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
been doing it for a while boxy :) you can make it work with robo too, you just need to do a small dash block foward after the d+2 !

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yep, that's the backwards pop.
That is a HUGE hitbox. Holy shit. I'll give it more practice with Robo...does it work on everyone from that far in or only Sheeva?

been doing it for a while boxy :) you can make it work with robo too, you just need to do a small dash block foward after the d+2 !
I figured as much on the B2. lol. It's just I've never seen the corner reversal pulled off before in battle, so I want to put out the feelers to my fellow robots and ninjas to do some exploring and see how practical it is.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Like this?

And this?
So I have a Noob question lol. Would it be too much for me to ask you to post the button commands for the 1st video because my timing is way off after I throw the long bomb. My opponent hits the ground too quick for me to 121 them, and in the rare occasion that I do the close bomb whiffs on me and doesn't even come out.

So I have a Noob question lol. Would it be too much for me to ask you to post the button commands for the 1st video because my timing is way off after I throw the long bomb. My opponent hits the ground too quick for me to 121 them, and in the rare occasion that I do the close bomb whiffs on me and doesn't even come out.
jip 21 net, jip 21 ex bomb, B2, ex bomb, mid bomb, 121 close bomb, (mid bomb hit), net reset, (close bomb hit), B2, uppercut, 33 ex bomb, F2 net, jik, uppercut

For some reason I wasn't notified of your quote.