What's new

I think Armor breaks actually made breakaway and the metagame slightly more difficult to deal with (hear me out)

Ehh dont like that varation, most kahns play risen emporer
Honestly, on the highest of highest level, I dont think its that big of a deal. A lot of characters, including mine, have unbreakable combos or at least combos where you dont get punished from breakaway. The issue is it creates this weird situation where some characters are picked soley for no change in their playstyle IMO. I just miss being able to trade my breakaway more evenly for yours.

God forbid players needing to make reads on a fighting game...
Thats not the issue here though. Iirc, Sonicfox basically said (and yes, I'm paraphrasing) making reads on a combo is not really common or shouldn't be common in fighting games. So no one takes me out of context, he actually said after displaying breakaway issues that breaking away to combo someone isn't outplaying them.

Edit: Im all for making reads. This is why I dont consider throws op at all.

I just wish they were balanced better across the cast. Kabal’s, Kitana’s, Lao’s are super easy to get and does hella damage, while you have cases like Johnny, Nightwolf and Sonya who’s armor breaks are either too hard to land or are useless either way. I get not giving every variation an armor break, but I feel like every character should at least have a useable armor break