What's new

I skipped MK X Entirely And Now I Have A Question

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile is decent, he has a strong all around game. He does a little bit of everything, and requires you to do a little bit of everything, he's the Ryu of mkx imo. him or cage is decent too.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
What type of play style do you like? Here are some simple characters for different styles:

Midrange: Bojitsu Kung Jin

Rushdown: fisticuffs Johny Cage or poison Devora

Zoner: balanced Kenshi (but zoning is bad in this game)

Well rounded: Reptile (all variations)

High risk, high reward: scorpion inferno

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Cassie plays MKX well. She has a good anti air, an unreactable 50/50, a really good 11f mid, excellent D4, a 6f punisher and her BnB's require run cancels so if you haven't learned that then she will teach you that. She has the neutral and mixups to handle every MU. Pick Hollywood and Brawler.

Last edited:
What type of play style do you like? Here are some simple characters for different styles:

Midrange: Bojitsu Kung Jin

Rushdown: fisticuffs Johny Cage or poison Devora

Zoner: balanced Kenshi (but zoning is bad in this game)

Well rounded: Reptile (all variations)

High risk, high reward: scorpion inferno

Well I main Canary...

So, Im more of a rushdown mix up type that plays a little defensive. Actually now that I think about it, I play like everything you just mentioned above, lol

but for me to actually really like a character I have to like their design and move set.

Thanks!

Cassie plays MKX well. She has a good anti air, an unreactable 50/50, a really good 11f mid, excelent D4, a 6f punisher and her BnB's require run cancels so if you haven't learned that then she will teach you that. She has the neutral and mixups to handle every MU. Pick Hollywood and Brawler.
Thanks, Yea I haven't learned RCs or Raiden's LRCs

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Since you use Canary, I would say Cassie. She kinda plays similar to Canary, just way faster and a more dominant neutral.

Kitana is a good character too. Very well rounded and can hang with the entire cast.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I think you should try Covert Ops Sonya as well, very similar to Canary as well. Demolition should be good too.

Just an FYI, this is one of the reasons why I skipped MKX, lol...tooooo many options and variations. hahahaha

and I didn't the have time when it originally released to learn the game and to get used to the block/run button again.

But, I appreciate all of the suggestions, so keep em coming!

Meep8345

Noob
Tempest kung lao but I'm biased. He'll teach how to stagger and play footsies well. Characters like shinnok or smoke wont teach you much at all.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cassie would be a good pick based on what you've described.

My character was Sub-Zero, pick him for strong mixups, an absolutely insane corner game, and the abitlity to steamroll half the variations in the game with one move, but deal with bad normals and some hard counters to compensate.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
For someone who has probably no more than 8 games total played in MKX

Who is a good character to start with to learn the mechanics of the game?

Thanks!
Triborg - Smoke has excellent normals, a vortex, represents the fundamentals of the game very well.
Jason - Relentless has everything and more
Cassie is a bit weaker than these two but Hollywood and Brawler are both decent.
Kitana any variation.

These are mostly the nerfthis tier currently except for Cassie.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Any answer that's not "Kitana" is leading you down a painful path. If you aren't going to pick her, then you should simply barter your copy of MKX for a 3-pack of clove cigarettes and a Twizzler sandwich.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Any answer that's not "Kitana" is leading you down a painful path. If you aren't going to pick her, then you should simply barter your copy of MKX for a 3-pack of clove cigarettes and a Twizzler sandwich.
She isn’t that good lol but I am surprised she isn’t being mentioned as much.

I mean, she pretty much does everything NOW and she’s easy to use.