What's new

I really dont know If it gets much weirder.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
So you are telling me, a disabled person needs a giant metal rod for a boner to alert their kids its time for dinner?
No, the point is to create cognitive dissonance. The viewer expects assistance devices to be used strictly for the disabled, so we have preconceived notions about the function of a cane, for example. When we see the cane used as a gigantic noise-making phallus, it creates dissonance in the viewer's mind, and challenges the viewer's perception of the cane.

TL;DR that "this is fucking weird" feeling you're feeling right now is the feeling that the artist wanted you to experience.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I saw this a few years ago. All I could think was, did someone actually pay actors to do this, and pay someone else to film this, hopefully they didn't pay someone to write this nonsense.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
No, the point is to create cognitive dissonance. The viewer expects assistance devices to be used strictly for the disabled, so we have preconceived notions about the function of a cane, for example. When we see the cane used as a gigantic noise-making phallus, it creates dissonance in the viewer's mind, and challenges the viewer's perception of the cane.

TL;DR that "this is fucking weird" feeling you're feeling right now is the feeling that the artist wanted you to experience.
You right. I liked my explanation better. =/ less complicating, more abnormal.

TIME FOR DINNER CHILDREN!