What's new

I need help with some temporary MK9 box art

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ok, now working at Gamestop, I can and want to promote people to pre-order the new game, and a great way to do it is by having box art i can put in the "Coming Soon/Pre-Order Now" section.

So, i need some help. I need someone to make some cool, but not over the top box art for MK9 for both 360 and PS3. Cool looking artwork with 360 logo and Ps3 logo on front, pics and info on the back (a must: Coming March 2011! etc)

i know we have the contest going for this similar thing, but i really could use this to help all the stores in my area push the game as well.

Let know peoples!!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'd honestly rather not, i really need these ASAP. not to be rude or anything.

i just want something that looks as close to professional as possible. as soon as possible :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'll try to work on something for you tomorrow, Tim. BP looks to be cooking something as well though too. :top:

Tim Static

Adminerator
So you wanted a back and front, sort of like something you'd see on vgboxarts?
yes, exactly. Even if just the logo for MK9 on the front, and the Xbox 360 logo and PS3 logo on it too (and a Pre-Order now! on it as well). As well as a couple screen shots on the back, coming March 2011, info about the game etc.

I'll try to work on something for you tomorrow, Tim. BP looks to be cooking something as well though too. :top:
thanks guys. I really really appreciate it.

KingShaz

In the Shadows
My guess is that the official box art would be pretty simple, maybe the dragon logo and sub/scorp/kahn or raiden on the front.
A simple box art would be nice to use to promote the game with. Maybe i'll try something.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
@ Scheiss, dude that shit looks very professional... well done! :top:

(even though I called it shit, lol.. j/k. )

Tim Static

Adminerator
wow damn bro.

GREAT stuff. i was expecting more of what Scheisse did but hot damn!

I mean, if you dont mind, i'll use it.

Only thing is i need you to lose the UPC on the back & the actually PS3 case look to it., as well as the info about the game (hardrive space, etc). Dont need all that.

instead add some info about the tag element of the game too. also, i need something for the spine of the case too (where it folds) and if you could make the files to print up in the same sizes as the PS3 cases and same with the 360 (standard dvd case)......that would be perfect

Tim Static

Adminerator
i was also just thinkin too that maybe just use the fronts that Schiesse made (its just simple, just like i need it) and use BP's back cover, plus changes i put above.

BP, yours is just way toooo good. if you dont win the contest, i would be shocked.

Brown Pillow

Ain't No Poop Joke
Edited the original post with the new one.

Edit: I just read your other post and your edits. I'll make those changes. It's sort of difficult to find a template that has the spine as well, but I'll try.

Brown Pillow

Ain't No Poop Joke
I'm pretty much booked up until I get off work, which is about six, seven hours from now. I'll finish tweaking it then.

The background by the way is the MKvDC Hell arena concept, I just duplicated it and flipped the edges so the pillar is full, then I moved the pillar to the middle and photoshopped the right side to be completely different. I also added a bunch to the top, which is why those spines look so similar haha. But yeah my personally favorite touch was the Kahn eyes. It was a last minute decision and it was originally going to go on the front, but it looked so damned good on the back.

Oh, and the Netherrealm Studios logo on the bottom of the front and back is completely custom. I took the Netherrealm Studios logo, and ripped out the text and made it white and readded the STUDIOS. I plan on making a vector of it, not sure what for.

Brown Pillow

Ain't No Poop Joke
Sorry for the long wait tim, I've made a PSD that is 75% larger in size than this. This is the ps3 version, I'll finish the 360 version tomorrow.

Again, any changes you want let me know.

Tim Static

Adminerator
awesome bro!

if you could add some text about the gameplay stuff (return to 2d, gory, 1v1 and 2v2, etc) that would be PERFECT!

THANK YOU!!!!