What's new

I need help. Should I quit?

Royal Kitana

Suicide squad
should. i quit playing fighting games cause i feel makes no sense i win or even if i lose against good people i'm ok with it but when i look at my replays and see a person mash buttons i lose and i feel shouldn't lose to them but i'm inpatient can't block all game but they poke me out my frames and get away with so much

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
Problem: Opponent throws out random moves in neutral.
Solution: Block and punish when he throws out something unsafe.

Problem: Opponent always presses buttons as soon as he comes out of blockstun.
Solution: Utilize blockstrings that keep you at positive advantage, then press a fast button once your string ends for a frame trap.

Problem: Opponent always presses buttons on wake-up.
Solution: Stuff his button with a meaty attack.

Problem: Opponent always uses wake-up armor attacks when he is knocked down.
Solution: Watch his meter after knockdown and block if he has a bar.

Problem: Opponent blocks all of your strikes.
Solution: Throw him.

There is always a solution for every situation (the above are just examples of a few). Your job is to recognize your opponent's patterns and stop him with the right responses. Keep doing this until your opponent can demonstrate that he can adapt by changing up his gameplan, then adjust accordingly. To do this, you have to know the frame data for both your character and your opponent's character. Study up in training mode if you encounter an unfamiliar match-up to be ready for the next time you fight that character.

If you really feel like this is too much work, then you might as well save yourself the frustration and quit.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
^ This. Also if you get angry at your keyboard, get up and go outside. Fresh air and a long walk does wonders.