What's new

I might have some new tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Noob
This is universal and NRS will have fix it for their competitive scene. I don’t think I have seen it written about yet. I’ll explain later, but it has to deal with throws.

Ok, so playing on a stick,, it’s easier to mess around with button combinations. So it started with jade and Erron black and using a trick from umk3. People were complaining about input issues with jades b343 and blacks 21212.

What I found is there is an easier way. With jade just do b3 3+4 and you the the first 3 hits out with ease no issues add a 4 for the 4 hit.

Error same concept, 2,1, 1+2, 1+2..
I got this from umk3 cyrax combo, on button inputs.

So last night I’m playing a guy he teched 5 throws is a row, in the pattern of f, b,b,f,f. Sure he could have guessed 5 times in a row but highly doubtful. So had me thinking , what if..

Sure enough after testing, if you hit 1+3 to tech a throw, the guessing fwd or back is no more. It with tech both directions with just one input.

Like I said I haven’t read about this, but don’t know if it known yet.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It’s been talked about and tested since like week one or two the game came out but Imm pretty sure the conclusion was that it works if you piano the input extremely fast, making it not that practical.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Never heard of 1+3 teching both throws. Any can confirm, can't check right now. I don't see how it's possible if they both tech the same direction. -.-

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Testing. 1+3 does not tech throws in both directions.

Also, your method of pressing both buttons at the same time for your string completely depends on which button you press first. Even if you think you're pressing them at the same time, you are indeed physically hitting on first. For example

With Kitana, I can do B141 by pressing B1 and the 1+4 together, but if the system reads the 1 before the 4, the string will not come out.

***edit. The system actually by default registers one before the other even if it says they are simultaneously pressed. And this affects what strings can use it.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Not true, the jade and Erron works 100% of the time
I see. The game reads simultaneous inputs but it still registers certain buttons first. Your inputs work for Erron's combos because the system reads 2 before 1. But it reads 3 before 4, so this does not work for Jade. Test it again. If your inputs register as Back 3, 3+4 , the string will not come out.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Do it faster, it works every time for me
If it works, it works because you're hitting 4 before 3. If you literally hit 3 and 4 together, it wont come out. I'm doing it ultra fast and nothing comes out but the first kick. There's no way this works. Make a video demonstrating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.