What's new

I love this game

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I feel the same way. I got back into fighting games because of Injustice. I really like MK 11. I wish some characters I like were in it, particularly Reptile, Ermac, and Rain, but it is a great game. I think the negativity comes from a minority of trolls and people who will never be happy but it does get tiresome. Nevertheless, I have always loved MK since the very first game and will continue to do so. Same goes for Injustice. I just try to stay positive and enjoy it with other players who have fun with it. The game is supposed to be fun first and foremost.
This game us definitely awesome having a neutral focus or at least the option. There are F neutral tools but you can bait them and play footsies which is a huge part of the meta.

I really do miss Cyrax, Ninja Smoke, Ermac, Reptile, Tremor, Mileena and even Predator and Alien from X. I am excited for Terminator, Sindel, Spawn and Joker and can't wait.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I was just going to mention Destroyer’s tournament! We are getting showered with footsies and shimmies and micro-reads right now. For a true fighting games fan the neutral of guys like Dragon and Ninja is a pleasure to watch.

Then you have all these guys like Kombat, Splash, Videogamesyo, Rewind, Deoxys etc. all shaking things up with their own unique playstyles. It’s just a fun season altogether.
That tournament was mind blowing. I seen complaints on YouTube about how it was boring and I was like how the fuck can anyone not enjoy that level of skill. I think some of the hardest things look simple so its hard for lower level players to recognize skill in MK11. The slightest walk back is a bait. A microstep to shimmy. Reading a read 4 steps ahead. 1-4f links all over the place at top 16 Dreamhack MTL.
It was a sight to behold. My favorite part was Sonic's D'Vorah vs Dragons Kitana. It truly was something special to see Dragon with his godlike neutral go toe to toe with D'Vorah's amazing footsie range.
The pools where literally like multiple top 8's. So many gatekeepers and upsets.
I hope dragon and others pick up new unused characters and oddball variations so we can see there true potential.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
That tournament was mind blowing. I seen complaints on YouTube about how it was boring and I was like how the fuck can anyone not enjoy that level of skill. I think some of the hardest things look simple so its hard for lower level players to recognize skill in MK11. The slightest walk back is a bait. A microstep to shimmy. Reading a read 4 steps ahead. 1-4f links all over the place at top 16 Dreamhack MTL.
It was a sight to behold. My favorite part was Sonic's D'Vorah vs Dragons Kitana. It truly was something special to see Dragon with his godlike neutral go toe to toe with D'Vorah's amazing footsie range.
The pools where literally like multiple top 8's. So many gatekeepers and upsets.
I hope dragon and others pick up new unused characters and oddball variations so we can see there true potential.
For those that don't really like the fundamental aspect of fighting games, it's gonna appear as boring. It's the polar opposite of MKX, which focused mainly on rushdown and 50/50s.

This is a game where players with solid fundamentals are going to dominate since playing this game like MKX is going to result in you getting destroyed. However, it can also take people that don't have solid fundamentals and actually improve their skill in that field if they're willing to put in the effort and are willing to take an ass-kicking in order to grow as a player. It's done it for me at least.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's a great game, I feel bad I haven't put as much time into as I've wanted.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
MK11 is nothing short of incredible, it has the best offerings of any fighting game right now from every possible angel, and it can only be rival by previous NRS games.

No other fighting game is worth playing right now, hands down.
Uh....Tekken 7 is pretty fucking awesome. Not sure how you can say no other fighter is worth playing. If I had to choose, I'd take Tekken 7 over MK11 all day.

It's cool that a lot of people are enjoying MK11, but there are also massive MK fans like myself who don't love the game.

S+ Main

Noob
The game is borderline perfect in many aspects, imo its the best produced FG. every character is fun to play and has a unique personality and look which can even be customised. The game is so good that the only bad thing I could say about it is the soundtrak is kinda meh. for example tekken has insane music especially the solitude song that plays in the main menu I believe.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Says the man who said that NRS/WB are not innovative which couldn't have been any further from the truth.

Uh....Tekken 7 is pretty fucking awesome. Not sure how you can say no other fighter is worth playing. If I had to choose, I'd take Tekken 7 over MK11 all day.

It's cool that a lot of people are enjoying MK11, but there are also massive MK fans like myself who don't love the game.
T7 is only worth if you wanna focus on the PVP gameplay and graphics alone, MK11 is worth playing from all aspects, like I said. And FTR, I've seen a good amount of people complain about T7 for not having the same things that NRS/WB put in their games, and it's not just the netcode.

Now let's keep the spirit of the thread positive :)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Says the man who said that NRS/WB are not innovative which couldn't have been any further from the truth.

T7 is only worth if you wanna focus on the PVP gameplay and graphics alone, MK11 is worth playing from all aspects, like I said. And FTR, I've seen a good amount of people complain about T7 for not having the same things that NRS/WB put in their games, and it's not just the netcode.

I'm not trying to bring the thread down, but the single player stuff in MK11 doesn't appeal to me. I despise the Towers. The Krypt was a missed opportunity to make something incredible but I hate the way it was implemented. Hopefully in the future they add more areas and puzzles to figure out, though.

MK11 definitely has a better practice mode and UI, but for the most part, gameplay matters most to me, and I love playing Tekken 7. The continued support and updates have been incredible, as well. Season 3 is out tomorrow with new moves for the whole cast (again) and more characters/stages on the way. I don't see this kind of support happening for MK11 over the coming years like it has for T7.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I'm not trying to bring the thread down, but the single player stuff in MK11 doesn't appeal to me. I despise the Towers. The Krypt was a missed opportunity to make something incredible but I hate the way it was implemented. Hopefully in the future they add more areas and puzzles to figure out, though.

MK11 definitely has a better practice mode and UI, but for the most part, gameplay matters most to me, and I love playing Tekken 7. The continued support and updates have been incredible, as well. Season 3 is out tomorrow with new moves for the whole cast (again) and more characters/stages on the way. I don't see this kind of support happening for MK11 over the coming years like it has for T7.
Tekken 7 only started to appeal to more people recently, and I for one am not impressed by it even now. The single player modes are super lackluster and even insulting, there is no frame data for a game with a huge selection of moves, the netcode is not good at all, and the DLC practices for season were bad as it took 3-5 of wait between each character. T7 might have now better practices with support, but it should've been like that from the start.

MK11 got everything right from the start. The gameplay and presentation are amazing, the single player modes are nothing short of spectacular, the netcode is the best netcode you can have right now (I play the Towers on daily basis, for one. And yes the difficulty was too high at launch, but they fixed it in just 48 hours, while it took a Bamco 3 months to add the Tekken Bowl mode just to make the content in the game a little bit more complete) , all of the competitive features (training mode, tutorial mode and in-game frame data) are top notch, and the DLC practices are also right, as 1.5-2 month span of DLC is still way shorter then the 3-5 month pan that T7 (as well as SC6, FTR) had since launch. And NRS/WB only keep adding more stuff like more towers, the Kombat League Ranked mode along with the exclusive cosmetics and content to unlock, and a 3rd Competitive Variation for each character, among other stuff. MK11's support is just right, and sure as hell better then what T7 was at launch.

MK11 is the best fighting game right now, and after seeing and playing other fighters over the last decade, I can truthfully say that NRS/WB are the best fighting game company right now, no questions asked.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
hitting the spot or not, I give NRS that: they try to bring something new, trying to evolve and change MK gameplay , lore, presentation etc somehow, so, for each the new game for the new trilogy, each of it own always bring something new, despite being good or bad one , hehe

so you can say that they , at least, try to bring something new on the table :p

I love MK, but I'm not a blind furious fanboy that will lick Ed Boon's boots and praise NRS as being the new world wonder for anything they do, nope, no way in hell, never ! So, when and how we criticize , is aiming to help, to hope the franchise get enhanced and improved, to have differential, and become better and better, in order to avoid get turned into stale and boring, kinda "more of the same" :cool:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Tekken 7 only started to appeal to more people recently, and I for one am not impressed by it even now. The single player modes are super lackluster and even insulting, there is no frame data for a game with a huge selection of moves, the netcode is not good at all, and the DLC practices for season were bad as it took 3-5 of wait between each character. T7 might have now better practices with support, but it should've been like that from the start.

MK11 got everything right from the start. The gameplay and presentation are amazing, the single player modes are nothing short of spectacular, the netcode is the best netcode you can have right now (I play the Towers on daily basis, for one. And yes the difficulty was too high at launch, but they fixed it in just 48 hours, while it took a Bamco 3 months to add the Tekken Bowl mode just to make the content in the game a little bit more complete) , all of the competitive features (training mode, tutorial mode and in-game frame data) are top notch, and the DLC practices are also right, as 1.5-2 month span of DLC is still way shorter then the 3-5 month pan that T7 (as well as SC6, FTR) had since launch. And NRS/WB only keep adding more stuff like more towers, the Kombat League Ranked mode along with the exclusive cosmetics and content to unlock, and a 3rd Competitive Variation for each character, among other stuff. MK11's support is just right, and sure as hell better then what T7 was at launch.

MK11 is the best fighting game right now, and after seeing and playing other fighters over the last decade, I can truthfully say that NRS/WB are the best fighting game company right now, no questions asked.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
As others have said, just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Great to come on TYM and see some actual love for the game we all play, lol, especially since I do love it. Super deep (flawless block alone) and rewarding game play with solid online from the start and now ranking to work toward. Good times.

As others have said, just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Great to come on TYM and see some actual love for the game we all play, lol, especially since I do love it. Super deep (flawless block alone) and rewarding game play with solid online from the start and now ranking to work toward. Good times.
Your welcome! Im knew I wasn’t the only one out here having a blast lol. Cheers!

whoa calm down. tekken 7 is already better than mk11 competitively. mk11 may have better single player content but it's not like tekken 7 doesn't have any at all. mk11's single player (towers) was pretty shit on release and they've actually regressed in single player content since mk9 and mkx

I see so much negativity on this website. Given I’m not the best player on the planet but mk11 has sunk its teeth in me like no mk/injustice game ever has. We got it good folks, there’s online tournaments to join if you want to compete, there’s major tournaments online to watch top players compete, and there’s an infinite amount of information at our hands to learn to be better.

Bit of a rant but this game is dope. Enjoy it!
the reasonable negativity and gripes are about things actually wrong with the game though. now if you're just combing through tym looking for negative posts then i guess it's gonna want you to make a thread about it.

xKMMx

Banned
I'm pretty bipolar with this game. And its not something I blame on anything other than my own ability to enjoy it. When I'm enjoying it its easily my 2nd favorite fighting game ever. When I'm not its just because I get bored with the pace of the game and the endless robotic opponents online.