What's new

I know it's early but is anyone else struggling online with him?

ty lewis

Noob
If you are using s4 for anything other than a close range punish, or a mid-combo filler, I would suggest you are using the wrong gameplan. Not exactly sure on the start up of s4, but it is a HIGH with TERRIBLE hitbox and whiffing issues at any distance other than close range.

Nice damage, but not an ideal starter. Also, you would essentially be ignoring the fundamental design of SK which is space control. Keeping them within f2 range is a much better option, because the range is absurd and really does catch a lot of people.

Also, good luck with getting a buff/debuff out during a game against anyone with even the slightest bit of coherence - as we have said already, it is a dead move which will land you in trouble every single time you use it.
Why sacrifice a KB for that set up when you can use the KB for 40% damage?

Now if his s2 became a mid for example, that would be amazing.
Should read my entire post. lol

I already know that standing 4 is bad to just throw out and i already pointed out that he is best at mid range. (facepalm)

Having set-ups for his taunt/buffs is nice as an additional option. There is always a chance you may pull off one of his KB strings in a match. Combos with those KB strings deal at least 50%. Most of the time your opponent will be trying to punish you for your taunt/buff meaning they will be close to you. the taunt/buff lasts long enough to get hit and still be able to land a KB. Although personally i prefer Ridicule damage reduction to the damage buff to mitigate the damage. Dark priest on the other hand is much safer than ridicule/taunt.

His Standing 2 has great range but is a high and if you're using it up close your far more likely to get punished for it than standing 4 which comes out much faster. Even at range randomly throwing it out is risky because of it's high properties. B4 is better for that as it has long range and is safe being -2 on block, causes a knockdown and is a low.

pfft. If I'm using KB for combo damage you can bet your ass i'm hitting around 50%.

HAMMER

Noob
They should've given Shao Kahn the highest damaging moves in the game. 'Cause, you know...he's Shao Kahn.

They neutered him like they did to Goro in MKX.

Should read my entire post. lol

I already know that standing 4 is bad to just throw out and i already pointed out that he is best at mid range. (facepalm)

Having set-ups for his taunt/buffs is nice as an additional option. There is always a chance you may pull off one of his KB strings in a match. Combos with those KB strings deal at least 50%. Most of the time your opponent will be trying to punish you for your taunt/buff meaning they will be close to you. the taunt/buff lasts long enough to get hit and still be able to land a KB. Although personally i prefer Ridicule damage reduction to the damage buff to mitigate the damage. Dark priest on the other hand is much safer than ridicule/taunt.

His Standing 2 has great range but is a high and if you're using it up close your far more likely to get punished for it than standing 4 which comes out much faster. Even at range randomly throwing it out is risky because of it's high properties. B4 is better for that as it has long range and is safe being -2 on block, causes a knockdown and is a low.

pfft. If I'm using KB for combo damage you can bet your ass i'm hitting around 50%.
I did read your whole post (lol) and agreed with a lot of it, the only reason I commented was because you contradicted yourself - your only/primary BnB listed s4 as the starter, which would mean either a) you're waiting for them to come into your face and playing reactive (which has its place but isn't where you want to be) or b) going for Yolo s4's in mid range, which I would personally advise against.

That's why I said I wish s2 was a mid, lol. It isn't a great move right now, and yes, s4 at close range is better. I'm glad we could agree on a few things at least.

I still disagree with the buff set up, I mean at least you found something, but to me it seems lacklustre and a poor way to use something you get once a game.

ty lewis

Noob
I did read your whole post (lol) and agreed with a lot of it, the only reason I commented was because you contradicted yourself - your only/primary BnB listed s4 as the starter, which would mean either a) you're waiting for them to come into your face and playing reactive (which has its place but isn't where you want to be) or b) going for Yolo s4's in mid range, which I would personally advise against.

That's why I said I wish s2 was a mid, lol. It isn't a great move right now, and yes, s4 at close range is better. I'm glad we could agree on a few things at least.

I still disagree with the buff set up, I mean at least you found something, but to me it seems lacklustre and a poor way to use something you get once a game.
I listed it first because it's his most damaging BnB. That's the only reason. There was no point in me listing other combo starters as the combo structure is right there. The bad thing about F2,1 is not only is the starter a high, but even if you land it you will actually end up doing less damage than a 1,2 jab string. This is because the 2 in the string is a knock up. Knock up effects in strings cause additional scaling in combos.

A proper buff set-up can be devastating if you land the combo afterwards. Just you having it on will make your opponent play very safe and afraid. Making set ups for Dark priest buff is far easier and it lasts longer than Ridicule/Humiliate. Only issue right now is there is a bug (or was intentional) that if you land any KB while a buff is active, it immediately disappears upon triggering the KB.