What's new

General/Other i hate that bane has to risk it all against projectiles

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Not just talking about deathstroke but any player that finds the need to overuse projectiles just because bane is a close range powerhouse

now every time i get frustrated about this...people just call me a whiner or a scrub....but man! i shouldn't have to risk everything to get in once against a projectile happy player

every time i go LV3 Venom to charge in...most of the time I'm not able to do much before it wears off and I'm officially screwed due to the debuffs....

Officially Screwed!!!! not a single thing i can really do except hope my opponent takes pity on me and gives me a chance

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If you play Bane, learn to love alcohol. No really.

When I play this game, I start off having fun and play Bane. I win a couple, get bodied by the better chars. Then I rage out at the simple fact I can't get in. I don't mind if somebody beats me up close, but getting out zoned, I know it's part of the game but it chaps my ass

Then I pick dean cain and my rage subsides. Then I get hate mail online. And the cycle repeats

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
strangely though i have more wins with bane than grundy...go figure

every time i even complain once online people tell me "Oh So you expect them to just let you beat the crap out of them with bane? LOL Learn How To Play The Game Scrub"

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
strangely though i have more wins with bane than grundy...go figure

every time i even complain once online people tell me "Oh So you expect them to just let you beat the crap out of them with bane? LOL Learn How To Play The Game Scrub"
That is true to an extent: Just because you're unfortunate enough to not have a projectile doesn't mean I can't use mine. Its not my job to make the other person's goal of beating me easier.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
That is true to an extent: Just because you're unfortunate enough to not have a projectile doesn't mean I can't use mine. Its not my job to make the other person's goal of beating me easier.
here's the difference you aren't risking anything...I'm risking everything to get close to you

EVERYTHING!!!! if i can't pound your face into the pavement i lose....The Debuffs will ruin the match for me
practically every time!!!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
you don't have to risk anything to get in. it's just hard. but it's supposed to be hard for Bane to get in, raging charge isn't your only way in, crouching projectiles and walking your way in is alot easier than just throwing out specials.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
here's the difference you aren't risking anything...I'm risking everything to get close to you

EVERYTHING!!!! if i can't pound your face into the pavement i lose....The Debuffs will ruin the match for me
practically every time!!!
I understand that. Bane's debuffs are a different story though. What you're talking about is getting in on people with projectiles. Sure, its hard at times, but according to a certain RYX he dominates up close so once you're in you should be able to make it count. :)

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
you don't have to risk anything to get in. it's just hard. but it's supposed to be hard for Bane to get in, raging charge isn't your only way in, crouching projectiles and walking your way in is alot easier than just throwing out specials.
that doesn't seem to help much against superman's air beam and deathstroke

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
To be fair, now that I'm on both sides of the coin, I see why Bane players lose to Superman and DS SOO much. They are very impatient, max out L3V and just charge their way in. So, I jump up, airdash away, laser eye beam. You have to be SUPER patient vs these chars. The people online that beat me know how to work their way in and maximize their opportunities. It's not impossible just difficult

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
every blocked machine gun gives you a free dash in on block, and Superman is just a pain for Bane in general, but his air beam can be neutral jumped. it's his ground eyeshot you wanna worry about lol, but you shouldnt ever be going into level 3 venom against Superman anyway as his trait just chews up your armour.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
every blocked machine gun gives you a free dash in on block, and Superman is just a pain for Bane in general, but his air beam can be neutral jumped. it's his ground eyeshot you wanna worry about lol, but you shouldnt ever be going into level 3 venom against Superman anyway as his trait just chews up your armour.
i understand but after awhile you gotta look at the clock and remember that you can't wait all day sometimes you gotta make a risk if there's nothing left to do

i only go into LV3 Venom when all hope is lost and nothing else is helping

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
To be fair, now that I'm on both sides of the coin, I see why Bane players lose to Superman and DS SOO much. They are very impatient, max out L3V and just charge their way in. So, I jump up, airdash away, laser eye beam. You have to be SUPER patient vs these chars. The people online that beat me know how to work their way in and maximize their opportunities. It's not impossible just difficult
Extremely Difficult...it's not like i have a move like zangief's lariat where i can just dodge the projectiles

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i understand but after awhile you gotta look at the clock and remember that you can't wait all day sometimes you gotta make a risk if there's nothing left to do

i only go into LV3 Venom when all hope is lost and nothing else is helping
standing still and beelining your way in arent your only two options y'know, there is nothing wrong with walking in and taking the chip if it means you eventually get in, from there it's all about doing your best to stay in and do enough damage so if you do get knocked fullscreen again you have the lifelead.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Extremely Difficult...it's not like i have a move like zangief's lariat where i can just dodge the projectiles
Trust me, you will see my name ALL over the Bane needs buffs thread, I agree. It shouldn't be THIS difficult to get in w/him when Grundy/DD have their own ways. That's just........racist

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
standing still and beelining your way in arent your only two options y'know, there is nothing wrong with walking in and taking the chip if it means you eventually get in, from there it's all about doing your best to stay in and do enough damage so if you do get knocked fullscreen again you have the lifelead.
Eh i guess....sometimes it's not gonna be that simple

I used to rely on the charge to get in until i started teaching a friend of mine what I knew about Bane. It wasn't until he started charging me that i realized how hard you can be punished for it with a MB b3.

Its just not worth it most of the time. Mustard is right tho. Taking the chip and slowly working your way in is you best option. Even vs that douche Superman. I am by no means a pro, and don't expect to be. However, as it stands, with Bane we don't have any choice but to deal with it and lay down the law once we do get in.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

So how do you get in against DS' regular ass handguns? I can't seem to dash in before he recovers to throw another one out. It's a nightmare matchup.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
So how do you get in against DS' regular ass handguns? I can't seem to dash in before he recovers to throw another one out. It's a nightmare matchup.
you get a dash after the machinegun, not the handguns, take the chip and walk in.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've been working on ground advancement skills and as much as it seems to suck it is the better way to go. But it can be very hard on-line, sometimes almost bording not possible.

However then you must be able to react to what they will do when you're closer. Will they try to jump over you (very common for me) will they attempt a special like sword flip (never saw that comming :rolleyes:) , will they try to poke. Make a good read and you can punish for a fair amount of damage most of the time. IMO Bane is quite challenging to play as, but rewarding & fun when you win.

will they attempt a special like sword flip (never saw that comming :rolleyes:)
My favorite are the ones who try to sword flip on wake up and after it gets blocked and punished (I swear this has to be the EXACT thought process) they immediately think "Oh no! He blocked my wake up sword flip! What do i do now?!?...... Oh I know! I'll do ANOTHER wake up sword flip. Yeah! He'll never see that coming!"

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2