What's new

General/Other I Hate Negative Edge!

Anyone else have a problem regarding his teleport coming out when trying to hit lightning, geyser, or RHK in a combo or string? 9/10 the tele will come out as opposed to the correct move. This and the lack of good mixups are Rain's biggest flaws.

McNasty

Moist.
rain does suffer from some negative edge issues some characters just have it worse than others in regards to NE step up the execution.

Thread title changed cant swear in the title

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah... I get geyser to come out instead of the 3 in the 4,3 string. I just go to fast. As one of my friends says "You have to be gentle with it, like a lady"

So my advice is treat Rain like a lady and not a hooker.

I might start using my stick to play MK, it seems like there's less negative edge. The only problem is blocking on stick feels awkward.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Ive learned from experience that you just have to learn how to use the negative edge to your advantage. For instance.. when doing 4,3, Bubble... Instead of putting in DF+3 for the bubble.. just do 4,3, DF. Skip the final button input. Get comfortable doing that to where you get the bubble to come out most of the time and you will start to understand his negative edge better IMO.

Thats how I got used to it at least.

Ive learned from experience that you just have to learn how to use the negative edge to your advantage. For instance.. when doing 4,3, Bubble... Instead of putting in DF+3 for the bubble.. just do 4,3, DF. Skip the final button input. Get comfortable doing that to where you get the bubble to come out most of the time and you will start to understand his negative edge better IMO.

Thats how I got used to it at least.
That's exactly what I've been doing. It's much easier using it to your advantage. I also found that if you barely do the DF instead of trying to get the whole Down then Forward out the teleport will never come out. I'm loving Rain now. I've found like 5 BnBs with over 30% damage. Dude is GDLK.

Battyfaxmachine

The way I see it and the way I explain it to friends is to avoid negative edge and to successfully nail your combos, you need to treat it like a dance, enter them with a certain rhythm. Ultimately you just need to get a feel for it, there's no easy explanation, and it's been SO frustrating trying to teach people how to play this game because of the strict input requirements. But I find it makes it more satisfying anyways.