What's new

Question I gotta question for some of you Deathstrokes (not the good ones, the bad ones)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Don't be fooled into thinking these random online Deathstroke players are complete dumbasses that absolutely refuse to learn.

They are playing at a level far beyond any of us, the reverse reverse mindgame of "will I do it again?" "surely he's not stupid enough to go for it again, I think I'll pressure him now" "Ok, he's been punished 5 times, this time he'll do something different"

LOL NOPE GET SWORD FLIPPED BRO!

Flip a coin, both sides heads, and you'll still go for tails. THEY CALL YOUR BLUFF EVERY SINGLE TIME. Fucking geniuses.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I love playing against DS players online, occasionally I run into a person who actually knows how to use him well and will trully test my patientce. I catagorize DS usrers in 3 catagories,

CoD DS: The player that thinks "If I stay way over here and shoot guns all day he will never get to me"
The Sword Flipper/Spinner Wake up freak: "If I wake-up everytime they will never get it"
That motherfucker that know WTF they are doing : The guys that actually have more than 1/3 of a brain and use the characetr to the proper potential.
(I'm not insulting DS users BTW, simply pointing out the good, the bad, and the ugly.)

I was a HG main for a while and even though thats a bad match-up for her I still wlecomed a DS user. I have played countless games where a Sword Flipper would wake-up everytime with it and I just now come to expect that kind of sillyness online, I troll them when they do it I block punish with B1,3, I recall doing this to a guy on KOTH like 8 times before he finally found it it wasn't working, then he tried the spin and quickly learned that wasn't working,RQed and the sent a message calling me a spammer. Even the CoD DS would RQ me, because I used a bit of patientce and showed them shooting guns all day is only gonna get you so far.

Now I main BG ( I just seem to grasp her use so much better than HG for me), when I face a CoD or Sword Fliipper/Spinner I give them hell for there rataional idea of wake-up and they will never expect it. Look if I punish you more than 3 times for doing it, maybe time to re-think that wake-up idea and decide to do it when I don't expect it. Oh yeah, go ahead and try and play CoD DS against a BG player, yeah thats funnny.

When I face actual DS users with more than half a brain and know what they are doing, I end up having the fight of my life, DS can be a beast when he is used right.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
People act like all I do is play ranked -_- I play more people from here than ranked every day. I've played half of the people that replied to this thread lmao.

Like I said, I respect DS players, just the stupid ones piss me off.

How come it is that EVERYTIME a deathstroke wakes up w sword flip, ill punish for 40% and then THEY FUCKING WAKE UP W SWORD FLIP AGAIN!?!?!? I know a lot of you guys will say "if I wake up w anything its sword spin" and I believe you, I really do. The only thing I ask is that if u see a deathstroke constantly sword spinning, kindly send him a message and let him know what he's doing wrong.

Why is it, when someone rage quits against me, 90% of the time they use Deathstroke? Really, its either deathstroke or try hard superman players. These guys give this character a bad name, really -_-.

So what do u guys think about this? Or am i just trippin.
Why even bother posting this here?

The Deathstroke players you are addressing obviously aren't the ones on this forum.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Complaining about noobs online doing noob things because you play noobs online and posting about it on TYM where they won't even read because they are casual noobs, let me go ahead and make a thread on the GL forums about noobs doing yolo wake up lifts and 1 on the batman forums about noobs doing yolo wake up slides all day cause it makes me rage hard for some reason >.<

As a side note though: using an unsafe wake-up attack is like the best way to bait out a clash-able string, for when you really need to get some health back and you have meter-advantage.

It's pretty much built into people's reflexes to punish them, which is why it almost always works :p

TheSpore

Complaining about noobs online doing noob things because you play noobs online and posting about it on TYM where they won't even read because they are casual noobs, let me go ahead and make a thread on the GL forums about noobs doing yolo wake up lifts and 1 on the batman forums about noobs doing yolo wake up slides all day cause it makes me rage hard for some reason >.<
yolo wake-up lifts my favorite thing to punish online

TheSpore

As a side note though: using an unsafe wake-up attack is like the best way to bait out a clash-able string, for when you really need to get some health back and you have meter-advantage.

It's pretty much built into people's reflexes to punish them, which is why it almost always works :p
You make a very valid point there. I think some of the reason some of those noob tactics tend to work is because many of us are used to playing smarter players and have a different understanding of the game that the casuels just kinda throw us off because they end up doing more unexpceted and unsfae things.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Omg this. I rarely play ranked or randoms...but when I do...I tend to lose due to the most random of play. There is a phrase for this....like having to adapt to simple or something. Or if I play someone who yolo's all over the place and then turtles...it's hard to adjust sometimes.
I believe James Chen mentions this, that sometimes you'll infuriatingly "lose to players who are just 'doing stuff'."

drywall

Noob
Why do people keep jumping around, especially during my wakeup? I miss when the wakeup input window was tighter.

Why do people keep jumping around, especially during my wakeup? I miss when the wakeup input window was tighter.

Now that wakeups depend only on whether you want to do them or not, instead of arbitrary timing, jumping around a downed enemy is more dangerous, not less.