What's new

Strategy I got them in the corner! Now what?

OnlineRon91

Joker++
NOTE - Made prior to Patch 1.06, will be updated. UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Overhead -> Low
1. nj3, db3, nj2, db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 54%

2. Instant nj2, db3, nj3, db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 53%
3. Cross-Up ji2, 32 xx db2mb, b3, d2 xx db3f, ji2, db3f, 3 xx bf2, 32 (1 hit) xx bf2 = 48%
4. (Brief Pause), b2, d2 xx db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 39%
5. f3mb, d2 xx db3, ji2, db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 37% / 43%

Low
1. Empty Cross-Up ji, db3f, ji3, dbf3, ji3, 3 xx bf2, 32 (1 hit) xx bf2 = 57%

2. f3mb xx Forward Dash, db3, nj3, db3, nj2, db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 54%
3. Empty nj, db3, nj3, db3, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 51%

Block Escape
1. Push Block, ji2, d2 xx db3f, 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 = 36%

2. Opponent Push Blocks, forward dash, ji2, 32 xx bf2 = 30%

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah, these are the ones I tend to go to. It would be good to add resets to your list as well. For instance, in addition to terminating with the super or 32 flower, you can do 32 xx teeth and try to do the combo all over again, or go for a mb f3 instead of a j3. Speaking of which, mb f3 (though not the highest damage option) is essential in the corner game for comboing with teeth setups to get around certain characters wakeups, so it would be good to add that too the list. I generally use db3, mb f3, j3, 32 flower/teeth (not positive if that is optimized though) for 36%/31%.
You can also interrupt several of these and end with the super hard KD (213) thing following a teeth bounce for still over 40% generally, but I believe cancelling into teeth off of 32 is just as effective and get you more damage.
Great start though man!

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
You can also interrupt several of these and end with the super hard KD (213) thing following a teeth bounce for still over 40% generally, but I believe cancelling into teeth off of 32 is just as effective and get you more damage.
Great start though man!
The problem with ending with 32 is that they can tech roll and mess up the timing for j3 and f3.

StevoSuprem0

The problem with ending with 32 is that they can tech roll and mess up the timing for j3 and f3.
The j3, yes, but the mb f3 should still function fine for the most part. Maybe that's just the matchups I'm more accustomed to though... so maybe it's less guaranteed, in which case you may need to cut it short for the 213 string and sacrifice a little damage for a more reliable reset.
Also OnlineRon91, there are some characters where their hitboxes are a little weird when you are doing these combos, and I think you actually need to replace j3 with j2 sometimes to make things work, or switch the order or something. I've ran into that a few times, but that might just be me. I also know whether you are jumping in from a distance vs doing a neutral jump makes a difference at times as well. For instance, if you do far teeth, then ji3 teeth nj2, the second set of teeth will whiff, but if you do far teeth, ji3 teeth nj3, everything will connect ok. See if you see the same thing, I know this happens against characters with what I'll call normal hitboxes (batman, superman, and scorpion are my go to training dummies that I know this is the case on). Lots of random little things with this stuff!

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The reason that you need to do ji3 instead of ji2 when you start off with ji3 instead of nj3 seems to be because ji3 leaves them in the air longer than nj2, thus teeth whiff. This isn't exclusive to the corner either, as you probably know (I think I saw one of your combo videos portraying this), where you can do ji3 in between teeth up to twice in the same combo which does ~50%. That's actually a section I also wanted to cover in this thread but this took me awhile to come up with and optimize as it is so I decided to cover it soon after the fact.

Yeah I think I'm going to hit the lab and finish up the corner stuff, specifically f3mb. Then I will get to work on the ji3 scenarios, including push block into teeth which requires the ji.

Thanks for the heads up :)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
StevoSuprem0 I think you have most of the resets down packed in your teeth resets thread, wouldn't want to reiterate whats already solid. My goal of the thread is to provide Joker players the most optimized options once they get their opponents in the corner.

StevoSuprem0

Yuupp, fair enough. Great start man. Good to have these listed somewhere. REALLY wish his Super's hitbox got increased... really hate how easily it whiffs if you don't time it perfectly in these...

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Lmao you would not believe the times I missed the Super. A much easier way to land Super is doing f2 instead of 3 but you give up like 6% damage lol, Super so bad.

StevoSuprem0

Lmao you would not believe the times I missed the Super. A much easier way to land Super is doing f2 instead of 3 but you give up like 6% damage lol, Super so bad.
Yeah, I also love trying to finish people with it on reaction to them trying to zone me, only to have it whiff over the animation of their projectile move............. sigh. Don't worry about it NRS, we don't need simple mechanics to work or anything.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Imma hit the lab now and add in f3 mb to the list, the extra 5.5% we are getting for the f3 will definitely help too. I only be using it as a ghetto anti-air.

EDIT: Updated the thread with f2mb setups and reorganized for easier convenience.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Have you checked the combos on different teeth heights? Like MB F3 hitting them sooner or later creating a different bounce height. I found that depending on the bounce you're not able to reset them because they can just tech roll and jump out if you mistime the original MB F3/Teeth.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Have you checked the combos on different teeth heights? Like MB F3 hitting them sooner or later creating a different bounce height. I found that depending on the bounce you're not able to reset them because they can just tech roll and jump out if you mistime the original MB F3/Teeth.

Yea from what I gathered, too early and the bounce will be very small, impossible to do the above combo. Too late and like you said, they will be able to roll or even jump out. There needs to be a slight pause, I'll add it to the OP for clarification.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm gonna try to find out the timing of MB F3 out of teeth from different strings after college, don't wanna be stuck with escapable resets even in the corner.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
From testing it again, if you don't charge f3 and just let it rock then you'll get an average bounce so the above combo would work. It also works with the big bounce you get if you charge f3 a bit and maybe you can even get a better combo off of it, but its too risky if the payoff isn't going to be that great :/

EDIT: I'm glad our f3 combos are going to go up in damage post patch. 37 is too low for needing the corner lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
From testing it again, if you don't charge f3 and just let it rock then you'll get an average bounce so the above combo would work. It also works with the big bounce you get if you charge f3 a bit and maybe you can even get a better combo off of it, but its too risky if the payoff isn't going to be that great :/

EDIT: I'm glad our f3 combos are going to go up in damage post patch. 37 is too low for needing the corner lol.
Yeah but the bounce is determined on when F3/Teeth hit, not how much you charge it. It's all timing related.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Your right, f3 is dependent on when Teeth hit. The reason I mentioned charge was because of the dash cancel mind game you can get your opponent on.

StevoSuprem0

I generally just delay very briefly after throwing the teeth and get a pretty maximum height. But it's definitely variable if your timing is at all inconsistent. Sometime I have to switch up how I follow up if I notice it fast enough.