What's new

I got challenged by scorptile to do a hard fatality

Bo_DK

Noob
I got a message from scorptile on youtube challenging me, this is what he wrote:

"everyone has done these its the one i have done that is so hard people wished they could do it and ive been playing since the arcade version first came out. try this fatality be shang tsung, and in this order change into sub zero do his deep freeze til lhe changes back to shang, then turn into reptile, turn invisible and do his invisible fatality befoer fatality timer runs out. if you can do that then id call you a pro"

I reconed that i could easy pull that off, so i tried it and failed misserably,,,, or did i?

http://www.youtube.com/v/doeN9tKTaG8?fs=1&hl=en_US

What´s your take, should this be considered a hard thing to do? Took me some tries as i never tried it before, but i didnt think it was that hard to do...

X820

Noob
You did like 5 or 6 HP before you performed the fatality with Reptile, so no not hard to do. There is more then enough time to do it.

Bo_DK

Noob
X820 said:
You did like 5 or 6 HP before you performed the fatality with Reptile, so no not hard to do. There is more then enough time to do it.
My plan was to do U,U,D,HP during the morph back to shang and then just keep tapping the HP button to become reptile and invisible. I just keep getting the timing wrong. But yeah plenty of time to do it. The fatality timer is the same on all versions right? MAME, SNES, PS3?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Never tried to do this, but it's just stupid to call someone a pro for pulling this off. Now if you did this in game (one deep freeze, morph to reptile and turn invisible) I might be impressed.

X820

Noob
For the record, doing some random stuff wich anyone can pull off isn't pro.

Want to see something "pro" ?

Here it is.

Bo_DK

Noob
dciguy01 said:
Never tried to do this, but it's just stupid to call someone a pro for pulling this off. Now if you did this in game (one deep freeze, morph to reptile and turn invisible) I might be impressed.
Totally agree, i mean he allready knew i was super pro, he just needed extra confirmation lol.
But that sounds a little harder to pull of with only 1 deep freeze so maybe i´ll try it just for the heck of it. All you need is the right timing.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Bo_DK said:
"everyone has done these its the one i have done that is so hard people wished they could do it and ive been playing since the arcade version first came out. try this fatality be shang tsung, and in this order change into sub zero do his deep freeze til lhe changes back to shang, then turn into reptile, turn invisible and do his invisible fatality befoer fatality timer runs out. if you can do that then id call you a pro"

I got this exact same challenge not more than 5 minutes ago. Seemed a rather easy one to do, so I'll try it on the arcade cab.

Bo_DK

Noob
MK3fan said:
I got this exact same challenge not more than 5 minutes ago. Seemed a rather easy one to do, so I'll try it on the arcade cab.
Wow spooky. From the same guy, scorptile?

YourMKArcadeSource

Bo_DK said:
Wow spooky. From the same guy, scorptile?

Yes. It was through YouTube. Here is the message..

"try this one select shang tsung when it says finish him/her morph into sub zero, do the infinate freeze, then morph into reptile, turn invisible, then do his invisible fatality. if you can pull that off before time expires and record it ill be very happy but takes alot of movements within i think its ten seconds."

It was posted on one of my videos...

X820 said:
For the record, doing some random stuff wich anyone can pull off isn't pro.

Want to see something "pro" ?

Here it is.

That's more fancy than a pro in my book. A pro is someone who can whoop your ass double digits. A crafter in combos is a technical opponent which I find more of a fancy. But I got to say WOW.. is that mame? Cause that shit on PS3 man I'd be in awe. I suppose you're a pro at combos but if you can pull that off 10 times in a row you'll be a double pro. ???

X820

Noob
jesse89202 said:
That's more fancy than a pro in my book. A pro is someone who can whoop your ass double digits. A crafter in combos is a technical opponent which I find more of a fancy. But I got to say WOW.. is that mame? Cause that shit on PS3 man I'd be in awe. I suppose you're a pro at combos but if you can pull that off 10 times in a row you'll be a double pro. ???
This thread isn't about matchups, so HIGH LEVEL (pro) gameplay is what is showcased in that video, doing some stupid morph as a fatality is fancy.

Beating someone double digits doesn't mean anything really, depends on the skill level of both players.

I took that video (which is made by ded_) as an example of what high level is to a point in wich it's impressive to see, as opposed to morphing into *random character* after the deep freeze and doing a fatality. It's old as dirt, there have been a million videos made about it (Jax's color glitch for example) and most (if not all) are very, very easy to do.

X820 said:
This thread isn't about matchups, so HIGH LEVEL (pro) gameplay is what is showcased in that video, doing some stupid morph as a fatality is fancy.

Beating someone double digits doesn't mean anything really, depends on the skill level of both players.

I took that video (which is made by ded_) as an example of what high level is to a point in wich it's impressive to see, as opposed to morphing into *random character* after the deep freeze and doing a fatality. It's old as dirt, there have been a million videos made about it (Jax's color glitch for example) and most (if not all) are very, very easy to do.
yeah that was just my opinion. Doing combos is tough to do esp in mk2. Pulling off glitches I never had success. Besides the reptile tongue fatality where the floor moves(?) But I don't practice all these technical issues so I don't really know I just play. I thought when you said "pro" you meant in the game. Then the first thing that got to my mind was how tough that person was to beat.

pmf026

Noob
I've got another challenge for you guys...

I've seen it just once, performed by somebody on Godweapon server..
Shang Tsung -> Sub-Zero -> Deep Freeze -> Shatter -> and then !!! ->> SLIDE and morph back into Shang!!!.. knocking a dead body out of nowhere.. leaving broken frozen legs and a dead body on screen + Fatality of course.. now that's some impossible shit to do. Good luck... performed on Living Forest stage.

YourMKArcadeSource

pmf026 said:
I've got another challenge for you guys...

I've seen it just once, performed by somebody on Godweapon server..
Shang Tsung -> Sub-Zero -> Deep Freeze -> Shatter -> and then !!! ->> SLIDE and morph back into Shang!!!.. knocking a dead body out of nowhere.. leaving broken frozen legs and a dead body on screen + Fatality of course.. now that's some impossible shit to do. Good luck... performed on Living Forest stage.

Already did that sort of thing a while back...

X820 said:

Doing a infinite or combo does not make that person pro, it means they either trained or just played for a very long time to know everything in the game by now.

X820

Noob
tonshaad1230 said:
Doing a infinite or combo does not make that person pro, it means they either trained or just played for a very long time to know everything in the game by now.
That sentence didn't make much sense to me.

I will repeat what I said in that same quote; "This thread isn't about matchups"

Now, if you're implying that the vid ded made isn't a showcase of elite (or pro lol) skills, but rather just a guy who has too much time on his hands..

Well, let's just say that you're the only person in the world with that reasoning.

^
How didn't you not understand what I wrote? i simply just said doing things like infinties or comboes aren't gonna make a player Elite. It just show they have skill or have had enough experience to do that.

X820

Noob
tonshaad1230 said:
^
How didn't you not understand what I wrote? i simply just said doing things like infinties or comboes aren't gonna make a player Elite. It just show they have skill or have had enough experience to do that.
Let me break it down.. this thread isn't about competitive play.
Then you would have a point, given the subject you don't.

Ded is terrible at MK2, he cannot compete on a high level.

At doing and inventing combo's, he is untouchable.

Again, given the SUBJECT in this thread, that video is a showcase of elite gameplay.

If you're so sure it's not, please do one from scratch, something that has never been seen before.

According to you it just takes practise.

X820 said:
Let me break it down.. this thread isn't about competitive play.
Then you would have a point, given the subject you don't.

Ded is terrible at MK2, he cannot compete on a high level.

At doing and inventing combo's, he is untouchable.

Again, given the SUBJECT in this thread, that video is a showcase of elite gameplay.

If you're so sure it's not, please do one from scratch, something that has never been seen before.

According to you it just takes practise.
Well That was my whole argument. It just takes practice *facepalms*