What's new

I got 3rd in the Middle of Knowhere tournament in Cedar Rapids. Your criticism please!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Looking for criticism at any and all opportunities.

So this is my match to decide who goes to winner's finals. I feel I played pretty decent but I could have played way better. I didn't punish a single blocked dash and dropped some combos.

Here's the winner's finals match. As you can tell, I had absolutely no idea what to do. Every thing I tried got blocked, punished, knocked out of, spun, well... you get the idea. One thing that was pissing me off was that every time I got thrown I was holding down and trying to mash out a d1. I was unaware you could be thrown while crouching if you weren't holding block. I don't know. Maybe someone can explain this to me.

And here's my loser's finals match. I feel I played pretty well here. I just made too many mistakes that cost me the game such as dropping combos or trying to d1 after kabal's knee reset... which was stupid and not even possible.

As I said, any and all criticism is welcome. Trying to get better over here.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Was a very decent showing. From what i can see your intentions are spot on with your use of D1 and overall pokes like your B1 etc, it seemed like capitalising on punishes etc are what would really improve your game, all of which will just come to you in time!

I know it's difficult to and i do it sometimes too most of the time WAY too early, but you must resist the urge to do a regular teleport. It's way too easy to punish and see coming. Especially when you do a lot of ex teleports on wakeup they will always expect it ESPECIALLY from long distance. By all means go for the instant air teleport on reaction to moves but i find its better to react than predict, dont be impatient and throw it out earlier than you should.

Overall i think you did damn well, especially as you were against a kung lao AND a reptile in that tourney. Keep it up mate :)

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
congrats man! same faults here too, i get a little sloppy with the tu and extu most of the times, thanks for the advice ketchup!, ill keep that in mind to use the tu only as a reactionary tool. got a big tournament this oct.15 here in the philippines, hoping to take sektor to the top!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hey Ketchup.. I learned some good things from watching you play and you always give good input.. I was wondering if you kould critique me too?? I have been trying to get better, and I'm doing it bit by bit but I feel that sometimes I just don't know what I'm doing wrong...