What's new

General/Other I get so much hatemail

It's discouraging. I play smoke as my main and the way I play allows me to fight on
My terms. I avoid, smoke bomb and do low in air teleports to change up my side.

I'll try randomly to jip and combo with 3d12 dash 32 dash 32 smoke bomb jip airthrow. If they block I go back to smoke away and whiff teleports until I can get in again. The opponent often gets reckless and makes mistakes trying to catch me. I think this leads to their rage hatemails.I mix in a lot of d3 and d1 pokes as well as 32 blockstrings and a random throw too.

I usually win, my xbox truskill is like 34 which is decent I think but this really makes me feel like I'm a "bad" player even though I know they're scrubs.

Ugh... Just venting I guess. Anyone else deal with this much?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Sounds like good times to me. Nice Smoke tactics too, with the pokes. Developing a unique playstyle is part of the creativity!

And trueskill means nothing. I mostly play Player, but in Ranked my W/L is 250-150 and my Trueskill is like 39 ^-^

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I used to get hatemail when I played a runaway Smoke playstyle. Sooo much hatemail. I loved it. Now, I mercilessly rush down, and don't get anything. Maybe a few compliments. Mostly nothing though. People just hate people who have a defensive playstyle and later find openings after exploiting the opponent's impatience. Zoning with Kenshi and Freddy also gets me some hatemail. The other day, some dude wrote to me, "Go eat a dick, you ****ing camper" after I beat him with Freddy. I kindly replied, "Whip it out." He immediately sent me a GGs message and told me to join tournaments. Go figure.

And yeah, trueskill doesn't mean anything. I mean, it's a rough estimate of your skills based on wins against people of equal and higher trueskills, as well as streaks, but in ranked, luck is also a big (or the biggest) factor. Will this match be super laggy? Will I lag out while playing a scrub and earn an undeserved loss that will lower my trueskill? And so on. Mine fluctuates from 37-38. Was 39 on a good day. Means shit, and I'll probably lose to a trueskill 30 dude here and there.