What's new

General/Other I Feel like meter burning is pointless...

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
The Only Move i do meter burn is the ram charge and even then it's usually just because i have too much meter to sit on for the entire match

I'm either using the meter for The MB Ram Charge Or The Bat-Breaker Super

nothing else really catches my interest and for the most part i substitute Level 1 Venom for MB on all my specials

it gets the job done and if i want to meterburn a move i can but usually i don't need to...

which makes me wonder what's the point of having meter with bane when he doesn't really use it?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
MB command throw is great because it adds huge damage, and you can also dictate which direction you throw your opponent as it finishes.

MB raging charge is good for a similar reason, adding huge damage on the higher levels of venom, MB venom upper i only ever find myself using to add a slight bit of damage to finish someone off as in AA.

they're the only specials im MB'ing right now though.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
The Only Move i do meter burn is the ram charge and even then it's usually just because i have too much meter to sit on for the entire match

I'm either using the meter for The MB Ram Charge Or The Bat-Breaker Super

nothing else really catches my interest and for the most part i substitute Level 1 Venom for MB on all my specials

it gets the job done and if i want to meterburn a move i can but usually i don't need to...

which makes me wonder what's the point of having meter with bane when he doesn't really use it?
Uhhhh....Clash?

Yea, I don't MB much either. The good thing about it is you almost always get a free 30% back because you've got the meter and you don't need it to succeed like the other characters.

MBing charge is good because you can still hit a command grab after. MBing the command grab puts you out of range htough =/

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Holy shit, Bane can throw you whichever way he wants?

RRRRGH adding this to my guide.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Everything has a use meterburned.
Body press adds huge damage (I think it goes from just 5.05 - 9.10 to like 5.05 -16.50 or something)
Double punch has insane wall-carry potential (most combos cover about half a stage's worth, and the corner is where you want them)
Venom uppercut in the corner allows you that free grab set-up which is about 24% additional unscaled damage on the end of your already big damage combo
Charge when mid-screen actually gives you some good advantage and it keeps you as close as you could possibly ever want to be.

Or so I said in my meter topic

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He builds enough meter to use his special 2 times in a single match. That's almost 1.5 healthbars worth of damage if you land the 71% combo each time.

Pemexism

Badkid
You play a character who's trait alone allows him to hit 40% +, meterless, and you're worried about using MORE ?

I'm confused :s

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Does any other trait in the game have a negative side effect at all? I don't think so.
WW's other stance isn't all that good, and ours gives a lot.
Armor on all specials and ~40% combos on a 2 second cooldown? Yikes.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Why complain? LMAO this gives you much liberty in terms of Clash , Super , Pushblock and Armored B/F3s
because other characters have a use for meter....Bane? outside of his ram charge i don't really meter burn anything so usually i just save my meter for The Bat-Breaker when the moment appears

i feel like i gain so much meter yet i have no real use for it....

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Not having to use meter is a good thing, IMO. It makes clash so stupid for Bane. You can make the opp burn their meter (or get free damage), you get a free escape from pressure, AND you get a free juice refill.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Holy shit, Bane can throw you whichever way he wants?

RRRRGH adding this to my guide.
yeah it doesnt say in his movelist, but you do it the way you do a normal throw, holding the direction you want them to go etc, he throws them pretty far, so i only use it to throw someone in the corner. :)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Not a Bane player, but if Bane's regularly building enough meter to win clashes/super, that strikes me as the opposite of a problem. It's the same as Sub-Zero not using meter for anything other than breaker and xray in mk9. Seems this game has characters who are designed to utilise their super more than others.