What's new

I don't miss non-returners

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Teen Titans TV show confirmed for 2018.
It will star Dick Grayson.

Obviously WB will jump on this like how they jumped on the Arrow WB stuff.

so it is possible we can see a Teen Titans DLC pack with 4 of the following 10

Dick Grayson
Slade Wilson (Deathstroke)
Trigon or Brother Blood
Raven
Star Fire
Terra
Beast Boy
Red Hood? Iono
Aqualad, or Kid Flash(redundant yes because Aquaman and Flash are in the game, but w/e)
Yeah that news was sweet! I wonder if they'll use Flash Wally or use a new Wally.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
It's really hard to say what's missing. from a gameplay perspective, without full breakdowns of the entire cast.

After that we could say... "Well, noboby sets traps like Lex," or, "No one flies like Hawkgirl". Now, with incomplete information, all we have is speculation and fanboy (and fangirl) rants.

Because really, who should and who shouldn't be in the game is all up to personal opinion, and comic book fans aren't known for unbiased commentary, IfyouknowwhaI'msayin....

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Batgirl is no loss to this game, probably wouldn't have seen half the turn out for tourney so far if she had been. People did not want to have to put up with that the first time round and imo including her or mmh would have been the death kiss here

Hawkgirl, killer frost, zatanna, zod and grundy were all very unique and I'd have liked to see those return over f23man j2man and d2douche but that's just me. I agree that the new additions are very well done and most have their own unique play style but some of the immured characters were extremely hype to play/watch

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Hawkgirl definitely the most unique out of the legacy characters.
Nightwing with the stance switch cancels and his epic screams when he pounds that staff on the ground. Just like how he pounded Ed Boon's wife with his dingaling and Boon got salty and didn't put him back in I2.
Zatanna is very unique. More so than Dr Fate. Would of preferred her over Fate.
Zod is just a Kyrptonian with a pet and a parry.
Grundy was one of the most fun grapplers in any fighting game.
Killer Frost...basically lived off the slide. Her gameplay was lackluster to me. Just a 50/50 character with good zoning.

Having new characters is cool but injustice is a very new fighting game series. I don't know why we dont have room for more characters. We only have 29. TBH we should have a cast of 40 total characters including DLC. DC offers enough content. We can keep the old and add the new.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I miss Lobo, he wasn't that great but I really loved his playstyle.

Other than that I'm not bothered by the non-returners.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Not really at all. Hawkgirl's flight is totally different. His charge attack functions very differently from hers. Play style is different too. He has Hawkgirl stuff in the same way Killer Frost had Superman stuff by having an air dash or advancing special, which is to say at the most superficial way and in none of the ways that would magnetize fans of Hawkgirl to him for the playstyles.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I am sorely going to miss Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Hawkgirl, and Sinestro.

I LOVED the way the latter three played, and love the character of MMH. I'm gonna miss them :(

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
yeeeah, I, for one, will not miss mmh. That broken pos can stay in inj1 and never shown up again for all I care. lol

He is a cool character though. So, if he was completely changed up from his inj1 form... only then would I welcome him back.