What's new

I don't miss non-returners

In the first Injustice I played a lot of Grundy, and Hawkgirl. Neither of them are returning in Injustice 2(unless as DLC). I felt Grundy brought a lot of hype, and Hawkgirl had a very unique ride up the tier list in IGAU. However I don't feel their presence is missed based on all that we have seen. The same goes for Doomsday, Shazam, Ares(remember him?) and the DLC from the first game.

The biggest omits are probably Batgirl and Manhunter and I don't think competitive players are really missing those two either. I think this speaks to how well NRS has down with new characters such as Scarecrow, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing etc.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
In the first Injustice I played a lot of Grundy, and Hawkgirl. Neither of them are returning in Injustice 2(unless as DLC). I felt Grundy brought a lot of hype, and Hawkgirl had a very unique ride up the tier list in IGAU. However I don't feel their presence is missed based on all that we have seen. The same goes for Doomsday, Shazam, Ares(remember him?) and the DLC from the first game.

The biggest omits are probably Batgirl and Manhunter and I don't think competitive players are really missing those two either. I think this speaks to how well NRS has down with new characters such as Scarecrow, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing etc.
ZOD
:mad:

Espio

Kokomo
I do, a couple of the missing characters had their own unique styles and don't appear to play like any of the new characters, I think those are legitimate losses. I was gonna try someone else even if Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Raven or Martian Manhunter came back. Not being able to see your main with all the cool gear, in a refined, streamlined legacy format in what will probably be a more balanced game is a bit discouraging. The sequel roster is great though aside from a certain franchise eating up slots.

I do, a couple of the missing characters had their own unique styles and don't appear to play like any of the new characters, I think those are legitimate losses. I was gonna try someone else even if Hawkgirl, Doomsday or Martian Manhunter came back. Not being able to see your main with all the cool gear, in a refined, streamlined legacy format in what will probably be a more balanced game is a bit discouraging. The sequel roster is great though aside from a certain franchise eating up slots.
was just about to write exactly this. plus raven.

I do, a couple of the missing characters had their own unique styles and don't appear to play like any of the new characters, I think those are legitimate losses. I was gonna try someone else even if Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Raven or Martian Manhunter came back. Not being able to see your main with all the cool gear, in a refined, streamlined legacy format in what will probably be a more balanced game is a bit discouraging. The sequel roster is great though aside from a certain franchise eating up slots.
I feel like Blue Beetle has some Hawkgirl stuff, Deadshot obviously some Deathstroke stuff. Manhunter had too much stuff lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Before you guys roast me, assume that if the characters came back they would be balanced.

Any major DC thing should definitely include Martian Manhunter(important part of the JLA), Shazam(same), Nightwing(really popular, tied closely to Batman who one of the 2 most popular comic book characters), Deathstroke(best assassin BY FAR in DC, commonly throws down with every hero, has his own pretty successful comic), Sinestro(best GL villian, one of the smartest and coolest villains in DC), Lex(most iconic villian for Superman who is the most iconic hero), and Hawkgirl.

Arguements could even be made for Zod, Doomsday, and Batgirl.

In a perfect world all of those characters should be in, but the roster we have is good, and we do need to have new characters as well. Nightwing is my 3rd favorite comic hero and Deathstroke is my favorite villian, so it sucks that we won't get to see the kind of gear they would have had.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Dlc chars still have not been revealed.

It's highly likely we will get more legacy characters back. My bets are Doomsday and Batgirl. Zod would be interesting, but I doubt he comes back.

Espio

Kokomo
I feel like Blue Beetle has some Hawkgirl stuff, Deadshot obviously some Deathstroke stuff. Manhunter had too much stuff lol
Not really at all. Hawkgirl's flight is totally different. His charge attack functions very differently from hers. Play style is different too. He has Hawkgirl stuff in the same way Killer Frost had Superman stuff by having an air dash or advancing special, which is to say at the most superficial way and in none of the ways that would magnetize fans of Hawkgirl to him for the playstyles.

I was a die hard fan of the Shazam the 1st moment I saw him teleport and had command grabs. To me he had some of the sexiest combos then that trait power up was just icing on the cake.

Sad to see him not make it, but I find enough of his gameplay in Cheetah with her high/low command grab as well as a power up buff as well. The icing on the cake from her is that she actually has lows with mix up potential, & not to mention her pounce into dive which has lots of potential as well.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Im glad less legafy fharcers came through, aside from Batman chaacters continuously fighting Superhumans, metas, gods, and Harley killing Lobo. WTF. Less street level villians PLEASE! Reverse Flash, Starfire, Captain Atom, SPECTRE, Wildcat, Black Manta, Bizarro, Mongel, Darkseid, Brian, Etrigen, Constantine, Klye or Guy, like damn son...the DC list is stacked. Aim tired of GREAT WONDERRUL fharacters getted offed in the fomic by street villians, or not even thought f for the game cause that slotis taken byBaman villians.

No Lex or Doomsday is cancer. This is Injustice 2: Street level Gods Among Us.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
The new characters more than make up for the loss of the old ones, to be quite honest.
Sinestro and Lex Luthor are only the real major losses. Shazam, Deathstroke, Nightwing and MMH are directly below them, while everyone else I know for sure I definitely will not miss.

Dlc chars still have not been revealed.

It's highly likely we will get more legacy characters back. My bets are Doomsday and Batgirl. Zod would be interesting, but I doubt he comes back.
I doubt anyone that was DLC in the first game would be DLC again...that would be kinda crappy to the consumer