What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic I did drop Kano. But I'm back. Here is why.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
The future is now. And tournaments are moving into a 3/5 standard. You'd be a fool to think that one game doesn't make a difference. It actually makes a huge difference.

The reason why I dropped Kano was because I only played 1 variation (cybernetics) and I felt like it wasn't strong enough to compete with most of the S class characters (Can hang with Cassie and Tanya). And 2/3 makes it unnecessarily hard and really puts the pressure on. Those characters (Kung Lao, Quan, Predator, etc) are very difficult to fight against when you feel like you start out losing. in a 3 out of 5, there is 1 extra game guaranteed and potentially 2 given it goes to the last game, and I have more time to adapt and think about what I did wrong since I can't necessarily scum people out with Cybernetic. With that said. I feel like aside from match ups I have nearly mastered the variation and it's extremely viable. With that said, I do have a good CT despite not playing it too often, but I'll play it every now and then. Just trying to see what match ups to consider. CT isn't just about the 50/50s, it still requires great spacing to use effectively, and that's the aspect I understand the best with Kano. I do still feel Cybernetic is better than Cutthroat. but they're both good. play what you prefer.

With all that said, I'm back with Kano, I play all variations of Kotal Kahn and Tremor as well. So I feel like I am set until Bo Rai Cho comes out.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I went back to Kano too! Still playing Kotal and Shinnok though. He's an awesome character still fr fr design wise and gameplay wise.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Commando ONLY , pratice the "premonition" learn all the chars move set and use Parry + Armor comand grab + throw knifes , up ball for anti air ....

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I'm in agreement.
Playing Cybernetic, I need to see what holes people present to me, what chances to do backdash B2 I get, see how much they know about ex knives or restands.

gam224

The world's least hype player
you can if you're tanya, kung lao, predator, quan chi, cassie cage.
Cassie I sort of agree with but with the other four you would be crazy not too. Lao has match ups that are bad for tempest but better for buzz saw. Look at the finals of ESL where foxy switched to buzz saw, it made a huge difference. Tanya still has her 6-4 match ups like my main Kitana but it's quite a bit better for her IMO when you switch to naginata. Predator has some horrible matches like Liu kang which you might need a full on different character for. With quan it's just about necessary to play multiple variations. While warlock is his most solid it's considered his worst because it doesn't have the crazy quan BS that the other two variations have. @PND_Ketchup can explain better than I can the importance of playing all quan's variations but in this game you either need multiple characters or variations.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The future is now. And tournaments are moving into a 3/5 standard. You'd be a fool to think that one game doesn't make a difference. It actually makes a huge difference.

The reason why I dropped Kano was because I only played 1 variation (cybernetics) and I felt like it wasn't strong enough to compete with most of the S class characters (Can hang with Cassie and Tanya). And 2/3 makes it unnecessarily hard and really puts the pressure on. Those characters (Kung Lao, Quan, Predator, etc) are very difficult to fight against when you feel like you start out losing. in a 3 out of 5, there is 1 extra game guaranteed and potentially 2 given it goes to the last game, and I have more time to adapt and think about what I did wrong since I can't necessarily scum people out with Cybernetic. With that said. I feel like aside from match ups I have nearly mastered the variation and it's extremely viable. With that said, I do have a good CT despite not playing it too often, but I'll play it every now and then. Just trying to see what match ups to consider. CT isn't just about the 50/50s, it still requires great spacing to use effectively, and that's the aspect I understand the best with Kano. I do still feel Cybernetic is better than Cutthroat. but they're both good. play what you prefer.

With all that said, I'm back with Kano, I play all variations of Kotal Kahn and Tremor as well. So I feel like I am set until Bo Rai Cho comes out.
Glad your back...your kotal just wasn't as hype to watch.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter

You're a fantastic player but I still think there is absolutely no way cybernetic is better than cutthroat.

Not even particularly close IMO.

Cyber has better zoning but cuthroats ability to blow up wake ups/counterpokes with his ex power up, better mixups, and higher damage are just so much more valuable in most matchups (not all matchups I'll admit). Cybernetic has better antiairs but cutthroats are more than good enough that I don't think it makes a huge difference.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
You're a fantastic player but I still think there is absolutely no way cybernetic is better than cutthroat.

Not even particularly close IMO.

Cyber has better zoning but cuthroats ability to blow up wake ups/counterpokes with his ex power up, better mixups, and higher damage are just so much more valuable in most matchups (not all matchups I'll admit). Cybernetic has better antiairs but cutthroats are more than good enough that I don't think it makes a huge difference.
EX power up sucks now, it's not armored anymore. It has the same damage output as the regular one. Its really only for frame traps and hit confirms now. Yea the damage output is better. But cybernetic has stronger neutral tools to me. It's not just the projectile or the B1, it's how everything flows together. Cutthroat cant confirm well from a 112 punish without bar. which actually happens often by tripguards or just frame disadvantage in general. Cutthroat WAS better when EX buff was better. Now, I don't think so.

Khosrau

"Your mouth says Kay-No but your eyes say Kay-yes"
Great to hear that !! looking forward to seeing you chuck them knives! wasn't happy when i heard you dropped kano initially

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
EX power up sucks now, it's not armored anymore. It has the same damage output as the regular one. Its really only for frame traps and hit confirms now. Yea the damage output is better. But cybernetic has stronger neutral tools to me. It's not just the projectile or the B1, it's how everything flows together. Cutthroat cant confirm well from a 112 punish without bar. which actually happens often by tripguards or just frame disadvantage in general. Cutthroat WAS better when EX buff was better. Now, I don't think so.
I think ex buff is armored. I saw a vid where Mustard was using it. @PND_Mustard is that right?
it used to be. don't think it is anymore, I had tested it a while back after the patch came out. And i believe they took it away
It is 100% armored. That's what Pig and I were talking to you about on Twitter. He can option select safe 50-50 every wake up, except a few, with b1 ex buff or b3 ex buff