What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Kal

<3
Speaking of the krypt, does anyone know where I can find the 3rd fragment for the door right before goro's lair? I only have Fragment of the One Being's Mind, and fragment of the one being's soul. Where is the 3rd one? What about the dragon amulet?

@Lun any chance you remember what time he spawned? I can't seem to get him to show up. Been standing here for an hour.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Speaking of the krypt, does anyone know where I can find the 3rd fragment for the door right before goro's lair? I only have Fragment of the One Being's Mind, and fragment of the one being's soul. Where is the 3rd one? What about the dragon amulet?
Does anyone know what's behind the door?

Kal

<3
Decided to jump back into Towers of Time for some "fun". Biggest mistake ever, quit right after the first one. Now I'm seriously done until they fix that abomination, NRS can lick my ass.

IS THE SKELETON KEY FOR THE KRYPT A ONE TIME USE???? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK? It took me over 50 fucking chests to finally get one and you tell me it's one time use? What the fuck am I supposed to do now to open the remaining 100 doors????

Last edited:

Lun

proud TERF!
Honestly. HOW did the developers not realize what an awful idea this is???? Did they really expect it'd work? I'm really baffled about how out of touch they are with actual players.

The towers of time are unplayable. The Krypt is an rng lootbox. They even added FOUR different types of currencies, just like mobile games always do to confuse and trick players.

I'm still waiting with curiosity to know the price of those skip-battle tokens. It's very clear they are the only way you're meant to play the towers of time: fight the ridiculously harsh opponents until you reach that one unbeatable opponent and use a $token$ to skip that battle.

If the price is like 100 gems for 10 skip fight tokens, I would at least be able to unlock a couple of D'vorah's skins without spending money (you get 10 gems every time your account levels up).

If the price is higher, I swear I'm almost tempted to resell this game, no matter how awesome it is both in presentation and in gameplay.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Honestly. HOW did the developers not realize what an awful idea this is???? Did they really expect it'd work? I'm really baffled about how out of touch they are with actual players.

The towers of time are unplayable. The Krypt is an rng lootbox. They even added FOUR different types of currencies, just like mobile games always do to confuse and trick players.

I'm still waiting with curiosity to know the price of those skip-battle tokens. It's very clear they are the only way you're meant to play the towers of time: fight the ridiculously harsh opponents until you reach that one unbeatable opponent and use a $token$ to skip that battle.

If the price is like 100 gems for 10 skip fight tokens, I would at least be able to unlock a couple of D'vorah's skins without spending money (you get 10 gems every time your account levels up).

If the price is higher, I swear I'm almost tempted to resell this game, no matter how awesome it is both in presentation and in gameplay.
You could always wait and see if they patch it, instead of reselling the game. I mean, you're seriously considering this? Are the skins more important to you than the game itself?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
I posted this at reddit as it just dawned on me how extra bad it REALLY is.

So you're making your awesome loadout which only you can use, right? Well. You can change your icon. There are 30 white, 30 yellow and 30 red icons. These have to be unlocked. Guess where you unlock them? That's right, the krypt (and occasionally towers of time).

That's 90 icons per character. 2250 USELESS ICONS over 25 characters. The grind for costumes is not a big deal you say?

You cant get duplicates, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that when you get a costume that is forever gone out of the krypt. And as such its slot will be replaced by one of those icons. The same goes for konsumables, backgrounds and player card icons. They all take up the places fo already found costumes and gear. So you might get a lot of costumes starting out but this will diminish over time.

Surely you can go for the towers of time because the reward is clearly in sight, but as it stands there are still unbeatable modifiers.

To all you guys saying you like a little grind. I do too. I played WoW, play Conan Exiled, a shitton of other RPGS where theres a grind. Those felt fair. This is anything but fair.

You could always wait and see if they patch it, instead of reselling the game. I mean, you're seriously considering this? Are the skins more important to you than the game itself?
I think it's more about the precedent and disrespect to the player.
The only game I ever sold was Asura's Wrath. It wasn't bad, but it had the audacity to hide its ending behind paid DLC, and I was having none of that.
But really, I want to unlock all skins in MK11 and see everything it has to offer, even though I'm getting it mostly for the gameplay.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think it's more about the precedent and disrespect to the player.
The only game I ever sold was Asura's Wrath. It wasn't bad, but it had the audacity to hide its ending behind paid DLC, and I was having none of that.
But really, I want to unlock all skins in MK11 and see everything it has to offer, even though I'm getting it mostly for the gameplay.
This, I get.

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
The sense of being mocked is strong. "Ahahaha we're making this literally unplayable & pay-to-win!".
Cannot agree more.

I literally preached MK11 game to some of my old friends. We are all family guys already, and living in different countries, but all decided to buy XBOX each and buy MK11. All this just to organise small tournaments between each other . Sort of nod to nostalgic feeling we sharing together, while we skipped school to play Mortal kombat on sega many years ago.

Now i seeing how horrible this game treats players, i am feeling guilty, i made my friends to buy this game. I cannot express my disappointment. We all casual players, who would prefer to play single mode.

Its just not good.

there is a small hope inside of me they will fix that, but... Greatest hype of the year and the greatest disappointment.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I posted this at reddit as it just dawned on me how extra bad it REALLY is.

So you're making your awesome loadout which only you can use, right? Well. You can change your icon. There are 30 white, 30 yellow and 30 red icons. These have to be unlocked. Guess where you unlock them? That's right, the krypt (and occasionally towers of time).

That's 90 icons per character. 2250 USELESS ICONS over 25 characters. The grind for costumes is not a big deal you say?

You cant get duplicates, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that when you get a costume that is forever gone out of the krypt. And as such its slot will be replaced by one of those icons. The same goes for konsumables, backgrounds and player card icons. They all take up the places fo already found costumes and gear. So you might get a lot of costumes starting out but this will diminish over time.

Surely you can go for the towers of time because the reward is clearly in sight, but as it stands there are still unbeatable modifiers.

To all you guys saying you like a little grind. I do too. I played WoW, play Conan Exiled, a shitton of other RPGS where theres a grind. Those felt fair. This is anything but fair.
I thought I read somewhere that the krypt's chests can be re-spawned? Not sure, I probably misread.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Cannot agree more.

I literally preached MK11 game to some of my old friends. We are all family guys already, and living in different countries, but all decided to buy XBOX each and buy MK11. All this just to organise small tournaments between each other . Sort of nod to nostalgic feeling we sharing together, while we skipped school to play Mortal kombat on sega masny years ago.

Now i seeing how horrible this game treats players, i feeling sort of guilt, i made my friends to buy this game. I cannot express my disappointment. We all casual players, who would prefer to play single mode.

Its just not good.

there is a small hope inside of me they will fix that, but... Greatest hype of the year and greatest disappointment.
I'm not gonna let this loot crap diminish my fun. I knew I would never get all the gear in Injustice 2 and made my peace with that. I still play that game occasionally and having fun.

It'll be the same in mk11.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
I thought I read somewhere that the krypt's chests can be re-spawned? Not sure, I probably misread.
Yeah they can. I'm not sure how much it costs but I'm sure itll cost a lot. All the new chest will then contain the stuff you dont have. So as the costume pool decreases the other useless stuff will only increase.

I doubt itll be any fun to pay 17000 joins for a chest that contains 5 konsumables, a loadout icon and a player card background.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Yeah they can. I'm not sure how much it costs but I'm sure itll cost a lot. All the new chest will then contain the stuff you dont have. So as the costume pool decreases the other useless stuff will only increase.

I doubt itll be any fun to pay 17000 joins for a chest that contains 5 konsumables, a loadout icon and a player card background.
A good solution would be to have ALL unobtained gear/skins/fatalities as possible loot for chest, and have a hidden modifier to find said items that increases with every opened chest that doesn't give those items.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

For this battle, the following assists were given:
P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

For this battle, the following assists were given:
P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.
This changes everything.
What about the Baraka battle?

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
This changes everything.
What about the Baraka battle?
No that's still fucked. The Baraka fight, the Kano fight in the OP, the Johnny fight here that I beat by trial and error and 2 consumables after 20 tries:
These tag battles are 'curated' as in NRS chooses what konsumables you get, not you. So far it seems like the assists they assign each player do suit the opponent you're facing and help you in battle. If you choose to play the tag boss solo, you still don't get to choose your own konsumable, but the boss has a lot less HP.

The problem with the regular 1v1 tower battles is that some combinations of enemy abilities is super OP, and even the konsumable the game recommends you doesn't help, assuming you have it. The Baraka fight was impossible with any consumable, because he would even out-DPS my 100% heal item, and the cooldown wouldn't come back for the rest of the match. The only way to win battles like this is to rely on them using Mercy on you.