What's new

"I demand a thread be made"

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Nope, requires no meter. Nothing at all. You just have to know what they do and react accordingly. Nobody is safe, only parry characters.

@Lilith I'll show you at FR :)

It's amazing seeing people push block little arrow because they get overwhelmed.
Are you just talking about f2d13 arrow?

Reactions: 7L

7L

Heads up!
Ding ding ding xD But there's more to it than that, it's tricky and I've found how it'll beat pretty much everything. At the moment I've got it to beat every advancing string in the game. Then it's all down to the mind games after that. I'll hopefully show it tomorrow at the break along with some electric arrow useage.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Ding ding ding xD But there's more to it than that, it's tricky and I've found how it'll beat pretty much everything. At the moment I've got it to beat every advancing string in the game. Then it's all down to the mind games after that. I'll hopefully show it tomorrow at the break along with some electric arrow useage.
But standing arrow on block is only +2. D1 would beat everything but they can always backdash.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Really?

This is the "tech?" lol.. I thought this was known since like day/week 1.

Anyway some characters kan just walk back and get away from the D1 thanx to their walkspeed and hitboxes. I believe Raven is one of them, maybe Adam too.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Wait...are you using F2D13 coupled with the additional stun induced from Electric Arrow to pull off the equivalent pressure of F23?

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Nope, requires no meter. Nothing at all. You just have to know what they do and react accordingly. Nobody is safe, only parry characters.

@Lilith I'll show you at FR :)

It's amazing seeing people push block little arrow because they get overwhelmed.
Someone has been preparing for me. ;)

Can't wait to see what you've cooked up.

Reactions: 7L

7L

Heads up!
But standing arrow on block is only +2. D1 would beat everything but they can always backdash.
But it's not :p you were able to backdash f23 breath too. Hopefully I can show this more in depth. Every frame counts and it's much more than +2

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But it's not :p you were able to backdash f23 breath too. Hopefully I can show this more in depth. Every frame counts and it's much more than +2
+3
And pre-patch, lots of characters kouldn't backdash F23~Breath... Arrow included.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
+3
And pre-patch, lots of characters kouldn't backdash F23~Breath... Arrow included.
Pretty sure it's +2 though.
Then just post it? It's not like anyone is gonna read this, you still see people not backdashing the super, getting hit by d1 arrows and J3 -> f2d13/223.

Scoot Magee

Yeah that string is insane in the corner and MB stinger is great for putting people there. Good luck at final round dude, I'd love to see you take it.

Scoot Magee

Pretty sure it's +2 though.

Then just post it? It's not like anyone is gonna read this, you still see people not backdashing the super, getting hit by d1 arrows and J3 -> f2d13/223.
Triple post ftw lol.

This is primarily for when you have somebody in the corner. It's pretty much just trial and error to see what beats what after. In the most basic explanation F2 is a great option if they respect the advantage and D1 xx whatever is great if they don't. There's more you can do depending on character normal range, speed and etc. I find myself trying to bait d1 whiffs to punish with f2d13 into a full combo.

Mid screen your options are more limited and you're forced to take risks if you really want to do anything against a lot of characters. This is why I burn a bar on MB stinger to put people into the corner when I can.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Triple post ftw lol.

This is primarily for when you have somebody in the corner. It's pretty much just trial and error to see what beats what after. In the most basic explanation F2 is a great option if they respect the advantage and D1 xx whatever is great if they don't. There's more you can do depending on character normal range, speed and etc. I find myself trying to bait d1 whiffs to punish with f2d13 into a full combo.

Mid screen your options are more limited and you're forced to take risks if you really want to do anything against a lot of characters. This is why I burn a bar on MB stinger to put people into the corner when I can.
Yeah, I don't think I explained myself correctly lol +2 up close. It's all in my guide, you guys should read it.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah but when they respect that is when you can do more.
Yeah.. I was just basically saying that it really doesn't change much about the frame trap. And some characters kan walk away and not take the frame trap since they get pushed back too far if I remember korrectly..