What's new

I challenge Raiden

Flagg

Noob
Enenra you need to calm the Hell down.

Glad Zoidberg was the voice of reason cause I wouldn't have been nowhere near as reasonable in that BS reply you quoted me with.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
With all due respect to B W1zz and King, but I think Maxter is the best Raiden player from what I saw at Season's Beatings a couple of months ago. Even REO's Kabal barely got away with a victory.

Also, I am with Sabin. You guys have to give JOP credit too regardless of his personality. JOP is a very good player and a legend in the Tekken community.

As far as Raiden goes, he is a top 10 character. He has become a hit-and-run, turtle character in this version of the game. Some players mistakenly use him like a rush down character, which he is clearly not.
BW1ZZ did pretty well against REO at Devastation to, at one point he flawlessed him. Maxter is great with very good fundamentals but I still see the character pioneers finding more success due to the time they invested into the characters.

Maxter will always be a Cyrax player because that's just where most of his time went when learning the game and that's his comfort zone. Until Maxter starts getting top 8 with just Raiden we can have this discussion. This is like calling Detroit the best Jax for winning NEC with him (aka: one game).

There is also a difference between someone playing an unknown play style in a tournament versus somebody they play every day and are very comfortable with.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION]
You arn't going to like hearing this, but PL actually is really good with Raiden. :)

[MENTION=3884]Sultani[/MENTION]
Oprah Windfury?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION]
You arn't going to like hearing this, but PL actually is really good with Raiden. :)

[MENTION=3884]Sultani[/MENTION]
Oprah Windfury?
PL can be an elite top player w any character

But I wouldn't know he plays w raiden because h e only attends tourneys not competes in them.

My absolute view on PL is he's an extremely gifted player but I question someone who attends majors yet doesn't compete in them.

Dizzy looking forward to hanging/meeting/playing at final round. Are u coming?

Pig Of The Hut

I definitely think old raiden was one of the best characters in the game, but new patched Raiden with nerfed teleport and frame traps isn't as great as everyone says, I agree Pig. His mix up game isn't that good, plus you can interrupt alot of his strings with armored attacks. He is good, but I wouldn't consider him top 5 like lots of others do. One of the best characters in the game in my honest opinion is Sonya, I'm not sure why she doesn't get as much as praise as some of the other characters. She's never included in any top 5, but a good Sonya can beat almost the whole cast IMO
IMO top 5 is

Kabal
Kitana
Sonya
Smoke
Jax

In no order

Most under rated : kenshi , rain

Most over rated: reptile, RAI, mileena

Underused: Freddy

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Should be, can't confirm it 100% yet just gotta get a few things in order but should almost certainly be there

Sokon

宗棍
A clam raiden is about as scary as a saber tooth tiger with laser rocket launchers strapped to its back, let loose in a iner-city daycare. Telaport isn't a mode of transportation contrary to popular belief, but instead a more useful counter, along with a move that comes out in 8 or 9 frames and a projectile that jails on hit. Tier lists mean nothing anyways, because you can't put a tier on the human condition.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
IMO top 5 is

Kabal
Kitana
Sonya
Smoke
Jax

In no order

Imo LK is also a very underrated character. I really dont understand why we(MK community) dont see more of him. Any reason behind this?

IMO top 5 is

Kabal
Kitana
Sonya
Smoke
Jax

In no order

Id replace sonya with mileena. Mileena is not overrated. She has all the tools. Supers Safe overhead, probably best footsie character in the game, Frame traps, difficult to punish, amazing zoning. Also Lui kang needs to be on the underrated list.

and BTW ive been saying raiden is overrated for a long time. i even posted a thread questioning why hes in S tier. I agree with m2dave he is top ten though. hes a run away character

Pig Of The Hut

Id replace sonya with mileena. Mileena is not overrated. She has all the tools. Supers Safe overhead, probably best footsie character in the game, Frame traps, difficult to punish, amazing zoning. Also Lui kang needs to be on the underrated list.
Play against morty, reo, CURBOLICIOUS, zainsarder, gamerblake and get back to me on that

Pig Of The Hut

Kabal mileena kitana LK thats 4 four bad matchups i can think of for sonya
The only bad MUs Sonya has are kabal, kenshi and freddy is questionable

None of the characters u listed will beat any of the the above mentioned sonyas except kabal more than 5x out of 10

The only bad MUs Sonya has are kabal, kenshi and freddy is questionable

None of the characters u listed will beat any of the the above mentioned sonyas except kabal more than 5x out of 10
I fail to see why kitana dosent beat sonya.... LK zones her out and can almost match her normals. Also id say jax is questionable

Pig Of The Hut

I fail to see why kitana dosent beat sonya.... LK zones her out and can almost match her normals. Also id say jax is questionable
Please use those characters against the before mentioned players

I don't want to theory fight, it's best just to deal w it in battle

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sonya has a pretty good fireball. Fast enough to force Kitana to be careful. Her d+4 and dive kick are good answers for Kit's footsies. I could see it being even.

Pig Of The Hut

Can you just tell me what tool she utilizes that makes those matchups good? id really like to know.
Your best answer will be to play the players I mentioned but I'll provide some insight

Mileena MU- instant air dive kick to 45% combo any time mil spams d4 or if u read her d4. All mileena teleports get punished fill combo into resets. U can't telekick her projectile unless u do it before u see it and guess right, her projectile recovers too fast for instant tele. D4 cartwheel safe, all her strings are safe, all full punishes lead to 45% w reset. 3rd fastest dash block on the game, can advance zoning w d4 ex cartwheel. Etc etc etc

Apply the above to the others

If u play Sonya and she gets beat by kit, mil, lk then you're just getting out played and not using Sonya correctly

Sokon

宗棍
Good for soya, kitana, and Milena but aren't we discussing Raiden? Yeah Soya has allot of moves that punish Raidens teleport. Don't teleport. Her projectile is 20-44 frames and long range battles with raiden just means a free 40% combo. You people don't understand that Raidens game is allot like Seths from SSFIV. Being random and unpredictable is how you play him. He is a mind game character.