What's new

I can't take ranked games seriously with that combo breaker nonsense

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Man, good thing you don't play KI lol

Anyway it's not that bad, just keep an eye on their meter. If they have more than you and you are worried about them clashing for some health, do your B3/F3. Decent damage, they can't clash it.

Anyway it's not that bad, just keep an eye on their meter. If they have more than you and you are worried about them clashing for some health, do your B3/F3. Decent damage, they can't clash it.
This. It's just another thing to be aware of. If you're playing against a casual they'll never use it, it's always used for super. And in any other situation do the above.

You can pretty much guess what most people would do based on their health and level.

The game probably wouldn't have been bad without it, but it does add another level of strategy & meter awareness to think about. And I think the game needs it as a comeback mechanic seeing how the lifebars work. When you're 1.5 lifebars down an extra 30% at least gives you a fighting chance to come back.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
This reminds me of my Halo days when people would cry about a grenade being tossed first then followed up by a headshot for an easy kill as opposed to 4 shotting everyone. Point and case is that clash is a tactical mechanic of the game. Use it or don't play the game since it's a pretty important mechanic to use.

Learning how to finish an opponent with unclashable damage is a great thing to know. It will be a tool that can make a difference of you winning the match. What character do you play? The community for your character would gladly help you. I know flash has a few different unclashable things he can do
You have to have the foresight to understand your opponents meter, how much meter you have, and which of your moves are clashable. Universally F3 and B3 are not so any combos utilizing B3 can be ended with F3 for unclashable damage and a knockdown.
My jaw dropped during EVO pools, when honey bee's flash landed a f3 b3 b3 b3 ender in the corner. un-clash-able bullshit to the max FTW

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't get why people want "casuals" away from a game, or why making a game more beginner friendly is a problem. There are like, 100,000 people total across the whole FGC who are into competitive play. Most companies cannot sustain themselves on 100,000 units sold. You need people to want to play your game and not feel totally lost. Frankly, I think it's kind of shitty that ArcSystem Works (NRS is good in this department too) is the only company that feels obligated to put an in-depth tutorial in their games. You can play Blazblue and the game tells you what terms like "50/50", "mix-up" and "reset" mean, so you don't feel totally lost when trying to learn the game

DeftMonk

Noob
I honestly don't understand what this mechanic has to do with casuals? If anything it's one more level of depth to deal with. Opponent on his second health bar? Better try to keep at least the same amount of meter as him. Below 50% on 2nd health bar? Better use unclashable damage.

If this really bothers you because you can't remember the above two rules, just swap to Harley...you'll have meter for days.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Personally I just ignores the mechanic entirely and then use it as a convenient excuse for my losses:

"I FUCKING CLASHED THAT NONSENSE WTF LAGG OMG BULLSHIT WTF I HIT THE BUTTONS" (protip - I didn't hit the buttons. I totally forgot it was therE)

"I coulda taken that game but it was faster to just let him win rather than waste time on a clash animation since I had it won. Ranked wins don't mean shit anyway bra *hair flip*"

"This newb lost ez since I coulda done one of my unclashable combos but in trying to make shit challenging for myself.. i mean, even though ranked wins don't matter *hair flip* (protip - I don't know any unclashable combos except b3f3).

*Hair flip*

I'm out to play more ranked that doesn't matter at all.

having to do unclashable damage at the end, or conserving meter when you could have used it, is something that adds depth to this game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
*looks at tekken 7 disc*
Will you complain about basic mechanics like Rage Arts in Tekken 7, as well? Perhaps send me a hate mail message like "keepin me up in the air like a bitch. fight like a man!"

You act like you don't have access to the same exact Clash mechanic in your original post. Manage your meter properly and it won't seem so "tailored to casuals".

p.s. add me on PS4 if you want to catch these Feng shoulders in T7 (EmpireEight)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Isn't this pretty much just the same post the OP made a month ago about leaving Injustice 2 for Tekken 7?