What's new

I can't be the only one that hates Scorpion

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
So out of my experience with this game, which is quiet a bit, I have found a deep hatred for scorpion.

If you ask me he is EXTREMELY overpowered. I don't know if it's my luck or what but whenever i play against a scorpion i wan't to get AIDS, rip my balls off and and feed it to a puppy farm so they all die.

He is also overused which doesn't help. 90% of the time i get into a game with a low lvl they use scorpion. He easily has some of the fastest non-special attacks in the game. it is almost impssible to get out of a scorpion that does nothing but jump over you, press X/Square 4 times then jumps over you and does it again.

That brings up another problem, people that don't know how to dash and just jump everywere. Extremely annoying and there is almost nothing you can do about it.

I lose more to these kind of people than I do people that actually know how to play. I love playing against people that are actually good and have strategy in there gameplay.

And im not the only one that thinks scorpion and kangaroos are for lack of a better gaming term gay. The 3 people I know that I play this game with think the same.

So post your thoughts about this (and tips if you have any).

And lastly if anyone else is in need of more friends that play mk9 send me a friend request. I only have Xbox, RampaginDragon.

Joe Inky

Noob
Scorpion is one of the few characters that is fine where he is imo, if he was in any way overpowered we would see him used a lot more in tournaments, and we just don't.

I don't know what character you're playing as against these scorpions, but all the low level players are incredibly easy to figure out and beat, and if a good scorpion player beats you then it's fair play imo.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Scorpion is one of the few characters that is fine where he is imo, if he was in any way overpowered we would see him used a lot more in tournaments, and we just don't.

I don't know what character you're playing as against these scorpions, but all the low level players are incredibly easy to figure out and beat, and if a good scorpion player beats you then it's fair play imo.
Thats the point, When I do play against a good scorp i win. The reason he isn't used in tournaments is because the people that use him are usually low lvl and are extremely unpredectible so it is still possible to get lucky and win.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Ahh yes, the 'so bad' they are good. I get that a lot. They just use unsafe and unexpected attacks which you think a self respecting good player would never use and they beat you.

So out of my experience with this game, which is quiet a bit, I have found a deep hatred for scorpion.

If you ask me he is EXTREMELY overpowered. I don't know if it's my luck or what but whenever i play against a scorpion i wan't to get AIDS, rip my balls off and and feed it to a puppy farm so they all die.

He is also overused which doesn't help. 90% of the time i get into a game with a low lvl they use scorpion. He easily has some of the fastest non-special attacks in the game. it is almost impssible to get out of a scorpion that does nothing but jump over you, press X/Square 4 times then jumps over you and does it again.

That brings up another problem, people that don't know how to dash and just jump everywere. Extremely annoying and there is almost nothing you can do about it.

I lose more to these kind of people than I do people that actually know how to play. I love playing against people that are actually good and have strategy in there gameplay.

And im not the only one that thinks scorpion and kangaroos are for lack of a better gaming term gay. The 3 people I know that I play this game with think the same.

And lastly if anyone else is in need of more friends that play mk9 send me a friend request. I only have Xbox, RampaginDragon.
all of Scorpions specials besides Air Throw are easily punished on wiff & block his greatest assets are his normals & 50/50 game.
There are far more annoying characters like Mileena w/ her down 4 & it seems to me like your playing people who just bought MK9.
I'll definitly send you an RQ my tag is KARS1215 & maybe we can have some Scorp Vs Raiden casuals

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster

Not gonna lie. I hate Scorpion too. Hes the ultimate guessing game. He is usually a 5/5 match up with everyone in the game mainly due to his randomness. That really bugs me and messes my strategy up.

However, after playing him so much all the time.. You get used to what most Scorpions do. For instance the basic 1,1,1, Lowslide. You know to block low on that last hit for the most part. However, he can mix it up with the over-head hit so you really just have to guess correctly.

As far as jumping over you goes.. Try doing a Jump Back Punch/Kick. Just jump backwards when you know the jump is coming and hit 1,2,3, or 4. As long as he doesnt go for the air grab, you should win that trade. This will help stop him from jumping so much and limit him to Tele's which are very punishable.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I agree all low level scorps do is teleport just high block & punish
I dont get teleported on that much but when they do it, they pay for it so they learn to stop very fast. And thats when the gayness starts..

Illl be looking out for your Friend request

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The jumping around part frustrates me, mainly because im impatient and stupid when playing onlin.

I have actually had salty matches of just copying them and jumping around, throwing out kicks and punches into air throws (i play smoke mostly)

They soon realise how much of a dick they are, and will hit the ground, probably spam some teleports while you block, and you can take the free win and leave with a smile!

Pagan

Noob
Ahh yes, the 'so bad' they are good. I get that a lot. They just use unsafe and unexpected attacks which you think a self respecting good player would never use and they beat you.
Reminds me of how overpowered Sheeva is in the hands of a new player. They should just take her out of the game entirely