What's new

i break down robins gameplay, what are your thoughts on the new boy wonder?

watchtower stream recap with robin analysis

Same Robin analysis as above but minus the watchtower recap

he looks like he has good range and keep away options

his standing F2 and B2 normals both result a knockdown that leaves him at positive frames and we can see that the string can also be canceled into a special.

his overhead can be continued into a high/mid launcher for juggle oppotunites and pops them up far enough that you have time to use a special or can go for an OH/low mix up that can be canceled into a bounce and possibly a special

also, he has a damn swaggy throw that puts him at 3/4 distance

his specials are a combonation of batarang and melee attacks, to control his space, now these might be called shurikens or wing dings like what nightwing uses, but wing ding special sounds like an order at a chinese take out so lets just stick with batarangs .

he has an anti air batarang that swoops down for a high/mid attack that can be meter burned for a low pop up

his downward batarang can be used for telaportation or called back for cross ups like ares' weapons from the first injustice

the different colour of the batarang denoting how it acts its not yet known if this is a result of move enhancement from gear or if these can be swapped mid battle via his character trait

he has a rising sword slash that can be meter burned to extend the juggle

a foward dash attack that puts him on the opposite side of his opponant and can be meter burned for a full screen reset

from the air robin can use a multi hit sword attack that results in a knockdown

and from what looks like the same type of double jump batman has, he can use a tracking downward kick that can be meter burned for a pop up.

Last edited:
Why does it deserve a ban? It's just a speculation thread. Atleast he isn't calling for beta nerfs or complaining that he hasn't received a beta code. Cmon
thanks dude,

i honestly thought some people would want to see his moveset broken down,

it not like i didnt state what the thread was clearly in the title

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Half the threads on TYM are just people promoting their youtube channels now.

Even Reddit of all things put a stop to this.

This stuff is much easier to digest and discuss in written form.

TYM is just gonna look like a giant add when the time comes to welcome a wave of new players I2. And promptly scare them off.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I don't think they should be doing it either, unless it's a 20 second clip or whatever demonstrating a glitch/bug/way to beat something people are having trouble with) either.

Or maybe I'm just old and afraid of change.

But I don't think it's a good look for outsiders looking at getting into the community. But ya'll do ya'll.

Edit: As for what you just linked, that kind of thing should be sent straight to the people who run TYM, and they decide whether it's front page worthy or not. Shouldn't go on the forums.

I don't think they should be doing it either, unless it's a 20 second clip or whatever demonstrating a glitch/bug/way to beat something people are having trouble with) either.

Or maybe I'm just old and afraid of change.

But I don't think it's a good look for outsiders looking at getting into the community. But ya'll do ya'll.

Outsiders??? wtf are you talking about?

you're an elite club now?

im 33 dude and have been playing mk since the first arcade release

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
What? Learn to English my bro.

A community wants to be INVITING to people. A bunch of new people who aren't familiar with the competitive scene will be coming by soon because of a new game based on a popular IP (ie outsiders). We want to look as appealing to them as possible, because the scene should grow.

So the exact opposite of what you read somehow. Let your rage settle, man, and just think for two seconds.

What? Learn to English my bro.

A community wants to be INVITING to people. A bunch of new people who aren't familiar with the competitive scene will be coming by soon because of a new game based on a popular IP (ie outsiders). We want to look as appealing to them as possible, because the scene should grow.

So the exact opposite of what you read somehow. Let your rage settle, man, and just think for two seconds.
so a video explaining how a character works, somehow ostracizes people who are looking to understand FG mechanics?

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
so a video explaining how a character works, somehow ostracizes people who are looking to understand FG mechanics?
When you and 30 other people do it, yes. It makes TYM look like a giant add. Like I already said. People don't like giant adds.

Also a lot of people use these things when they're at work etc, and definitely can't watch videos. If all they see are videos they're not going to use this place.

When you and 30 other people do it, yes. It makes TYM look like a giant add. Like I already said. People don't like giant adds.

Also a lot of people use these things when they're at work etc, and definitely can't watch videos. If all they see are videos they're not going to use this place.
i disagree

text added,

fit your arbritrary requirements?

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i have a job dude, cant upload 24/7 lol or always be first.

its speculation, people speculate in different ways
Then add on in the other thread and contribute that way. Cause now youre just splitting where people get info and things may be missed as opposed to keeping it all in one thread.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The first 1:40 or so could've been a completely separate video.

But the Robin analysis was actually quite a nice breakdown.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Any fucking way....

Robin seems to be a cross between Batgirl and Deathstroke. I can see zoners being a problem, unless Deadshot RIP already, but his fast great ranges normals and sword attacks seem to dominate the neutral. My.main Supergirl has chicken arms, meaning Robin will have the sword advantage no matter what. Luckily his ranged options seem garbo compared to others. It'll be a to deal with teleport counter zoning. And if that rush attack has armor!?!?!? Supergirl/Fate/Spawn as Mains. Robin so far as secondary. Atro next.

This game is gonna be hype as fuck.