What's new

General/Other - Heavy Weapons I am here...welcome me to your community Jax mains

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Anyone mind explaining to me the mind game exactly. I know purple stuff blast and gotcha are high so I should duck so he doesn't end plus/safe but what does jax have that makes me hold block?
Jax mind games

General mind games - Ducking purple stuff? Ex purple stuff is mid,Ground pound. Your gonna duck all day eat low starters all day, dash punch can be made over head by holding down after input. You block his all mid f212 it's a bait he's negative 5 he immediately ex downward dash punch you eat a combo.

Heavy weapons- you are negative almost always so you fake a run cancel after the rocket cancel and block, you punish with 123 full combo Or you cancel into a grab

Wrestler- You block you eat a tick throw, you don't block, well you know how that goes.

Pumped up- You eat a an f212 free Oki ground pound, if not I'm still safe at -5.
You duck my laser full screen? You eat a ground pound. I jump you eat an air ground pound, I fake jump an air ground pound? Then use my laser to hit then you eat a ground pound

That's just what I think mind games are and that's what I mostly do or try too anyways

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Jax mind games

General mind games - Ducking purple stuff? Ex purple stuff is mid,Ground pound. Your gonna duck all day eat low starters all day, dash punch can be made over head by holding down after input. You block his all mid f212 it's a bait he's negative 5 he immediately ex downward dash punch you eat a combo.

Heavy weapons- you are negative almost always so you fake a run cancel after the rocket cancel and block, you punish with 123 full combo Or you cancel into a grab

Wrestler- You block you eat a tick throw, you don't block, well you know how that goes.

Pumped up- You eat a an f212 free Oki ground pound, if not I'm still safe at -5.
You duck my laser full screen? You eat a ground pound. I jump you eat an air ground pound, I fake jump an air ground pound? Then use my laser to hit then you eat a ground pound

That's just what I think mind games are and that's what I mostly do or try too anyways
Oh. I honestly don't mind these mind games. Especially the air ground pound stuff. That sounds like the smartest most interesting zoning in the game. I might look into pumped up a bit. But I do hate jax's general safeness. Part of the reason I get stuck on defense and it feels like jax is always pressing buttons when he shouldn't be. Thanks

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm in Xbox so I can't practice. Been through this so many times.

Xbox players at a tournament on ps4 means I'm never sure if I'll have pad trouble or not. No way to practice that.
get a brook convertor or something, local tournaments and most likely majors allow it, i know i have seen plenty of xbox controllers used at Wednesday Night Fights

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Anyone mind explaining to me the mind game exactly. I know purple stuff blast and gotcha are high so I should duck so he doesn't end plus/safe but what does jax have that makes me hold block?
F21 Energy Blast is a high and is +7 on block. So if you block then the jax player gets advantage and puts you into a frame trap siuation. If you start to try and poke under the blast then they can do Gotcha grab to punish you or they can finish the string and lead you closer to the corner. We can instead do D1 since we are +1 after F21. We can go for a regular grab. If we think you are going to duck we can also just do OH dash punch. If we think you are going to push a button we can Armor OH dash punch. F21 and f1 are no real tick throws in wrestler but if you respect us too much we could go for it. Hopefully that helps. Also Ground pound is really slow so you should be able to react to it and just jump. He cannot cancel and of his strings into ground pound

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The rocket cancel I feel is just a way to hit confirm. I don't want to be plus but I want to see the hits and know if I should keep going, block or armor.

It's a fun mind game. His normals are sooooo good
kang tanya and now jax? - okay.. i just think you are a a personal mission to destroy takeda. lol
Yes @HomeLee1121 must die
get a brook convertor or something, local tournaments and most likely majors allow it, i know i have seen plenty of xbox controllers used at Wednesday Night Fights
Do you have a link?
@AK L0rdoftheFLY I play wrestler jax if you want some local practice.
Harold you still play? Sounds awesome. Let's do it.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Don't be fooled, he's plus but that doesn't always translate to safe because even if he's plus is main way to gain damage is off an unsafe overhead dash punch, and trust me if you can bait that shit you have won half the match, the other half is knowing when to duck and poke this leaving jax with nothing but a few +2 here and some +1 here maybe a 0 on block there.