What's new

General/Other - Heavy Weapons I am here...welcome me to your community Jax mains

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I am really liking the way jax feels after recently messing with his cancels. So much easier than Kangs but not as plus.

Reasons I like Jax

Fast advancing, relatively safe special with dash punch (nightwolf shoulder?)
Easy cancels and plus frames
God like normals make the game feel easier
Great stagger pressure

Besides Tryant, is there some good footage of Jax matches anywhere?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
There is not really much footage of my current Jax but feel free to ask me any questions mained him pretty much since launch. Also you mention his cancels being easy what cancels are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
How good a character is has nothing to do with how many play them. Millions play scorpion online...
wow. I never knew what people where talking about till last night but online scorpion is crazy. Everything is plus 5 on block. Smh but as for jax jim has helped me out greaty. But as for.vids tyrant vids from yomi are good. Mani vids shows you how to use ground pound and power wave together to zone. But from what i can tell alot of jax game play seems to transcend frome variation to variation.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Yea this is what I thought but wasn't 100%. Thanks.

Ok so if that's the case then why do most people (including myself) continue holding block instead of just poking him?
Pretty much what @Rude said. Doing things like finishing strings with Gotcha Grab will condition people to wait and block or doing strings like 111 where the stagger is long enough to condition them to wait.

You can also run cancel and straight up instantly block for reversals, or RC into a poke to try and beat a late high. It goes on but basically conditioning.

STK

After playing jax i now no what people talk about when they say f21 needs a fix. playing online and seeing a random mileena player go under f2 with a random roll like its low is sicking to the stomach. f2,1 is mid,mid!

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
After playing jax i now no what people talk about when they say f21 needs a fix. playing online and seeing a random mileena player go under f2 with a random roll like its low is sicking to the stomach. f2,1 is mid,mid!
They fixed it for the most part, roll is kinda a special exception given it low profiles most mids anyway. Thankfully the string doesn't whiff on crouch block anymore which was the thing that killed us.

How negative are the most common cancels?
Around -5 if done right some less, F3 is around -9/10. I know there is a post somewhere detailing them but I can't find it.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
It used to be worse. They did fix it.
How negative are the most common cancels?
Around -6 i think
They fixed it for the most part, roll is kinda a special exception given it low profiles most mids anyway. Thankfully the string doesn't whiff on crouch block anymore which was the thing that killed us.

Around -5 if done right some less, F3 is around -9/10. I know there is a post somewhere detailing them but I can't find it.
Isnt there a huge gap in the f3 cancel? Like people can jab out before the cancel even comes out?

STK

Between -5 and 0, I was able to block Cassies reversal flip which is 6 frames
JIP 1/2
B1
F2
F2,1
B3
B3,4
D4

At least -6 or more (eventually this column will turn into a gererally punishable column with how negative it is)
D1
D3
B1,2
D1,D2

Plus on block
4 - around +10, possible more but F3 jailing was the best I could do

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The threat of other options in addition to the cancel. You block expecting one thing and he does a cancel and extends his pressure.

In other words: Conditioning.
Pretty much what @Rude said. Doing things like finishing strings with Gotcha Grab will condition people to wait and block or doing strings like 111 where the stagger is long enough to condition them to wait.

You can also run cancel and straight up instantly block for reversals, or RC into a poke to try and beat a late high. It goes on but basically conditioning.
Ah ok makes sense. Wanted to make sure I wasn't being a fool holding pressure for no reason lol.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Isnt there a huge gap in the f3 cancel? Like people can jab out before the cancel even comes out?
It used to be -6 if done frame perfect before they changed the cancels now that it is probably -10 you should be able to just normal out. You can even normal out of F3 GG in certain circumstances.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone mind explaining to me the mind game exactly. I know purple stuff blast and gotcha are high so I should duck so he doesn't end plus/safe but what does jax have that makes me hold block?