What's new

I am having issues viewing Youtube videos

Tim Static

Adminerator
Wondering if any of you might know why i am having issues viewing Youtube vids.

I am up to date with the latest Flash btw, but all the youtube videos i try to watch are distorded with a big green bar covering the lower part of the screen. It doesnt show up on Ads (grrr) and the sound works perfectly.

here is a pic:

any ideas or solutions?

right click on the youtube video
you will see some options pick the one that says display or settings
when you choose display or settings deselect were it says enable hardware aceleration
refresh video and it should work as normal

Tim Static

Adminerator
right click on the youtube video
you will see some options pick the one that says display or settings
when you choose display or settings deselect were it says enable hardware aceleration
refresh video and it should work as normal
Im not able to choose settings, just Global settings and i cant figure out how to change it from there

Tim Static

Adminerator
btw ive noticed especially today my laptop is running heavy and is a lot hotter than usual. thoughts or ideas on why? and would it have anything to do with the Chome youtube issue?

the green bar issue is a known problem they are working on a fix

Liz YouTube support
Google Employee
7/2/10
Hi folks,

As ebbixx correctly mentioned, we're aware of this issue and our engineers are working with Adobe to resolve the situation. Thanks so much for visiting the forum and informing us of the bug, hopefully this will be fixed soon and you'll no longer see the green bar through your player. We understand how frustrating / inconvenient this is, and we appreciate your patience while the engineers are working on a fix. I've sent your particular specifics over to engineering so they're aware of what you're experiencing and the OS / version of Flash you're using.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=621a24aa69040a4e&hl=en