What's new

I am giving up

stahan

Noob
After playing this game for like 3 months, I have plateaued. I can either really easily beat people or get really owned.

Everyone knows how to counter Human smoke, and I can't really do anything else to win.

Plus I get called noob a lot like by cwel vonzilla when I block a lot, then I beat them and they kick me. Then I play good people like PapaJester and N1nja Lord and get severely owned.

Worst part is that sublime snuggles or whatever her gamertag is beat me 2 out of 3 times this morning. After getting whooped by a chick, my drive to get better diminishes.

Vonzilla will always complain and call you a noob. I double flawlessed him and he said that I didn't do any thing but stand still and push buttons. No matter what you do he'll complain

Dude, I'm sorry to hear you so down on yourself. I hope you change your mind, or at the very least keep playing the people on your friends list instead of just random people who turn out to be douchebags. As far as having hit the ceiling on skill progression, maybe you just need to take a little breather. Lots of solid players get into slumps, sometimes a little time away can be a big help when it comes to keeping your mind fresh.

Anyways, please reconsider. People who know how to act like fucking adults are rare enough in this game, I'd hate to see the community lose another one. And thanks for the compliment, BTW.

Oh, one last thing; getting beaten by a chick is no shame. Hell, I usually pay extra for that. But in all seriousness, there are plenty of solid players out there who are female, both on and off XBL. I know two myself who don't play online, one of whom I'd put on the same level as Crazy Dominican (though admittedly, I've never played him offline).

Birkin

Noob
Hey, I'm sure I can teach you a thing or two. You can ask me about pretty much any character except Kung Lao and Cyrax and I'll help you learn them. Just because you think you can't get better, does not mean you can't get better.

If you ever feel like giving it try, my GT is Jokalk

crayola77 said:
Vonzilla will always complain and call you a noob. I double flawlessed him and he said that I didn't do any thing but stand still and push buttons. No matter what you do he'll complain
Vonzilla fuckin sucks... I took him apart 10-2... those 2 fights I lost I sat back blocking 90% of the fight trying to beat him with ducking LKs, and the other one I picked sheeva. He was kabal the whole time. I would have never lost if I played like I wanted to win every fight lol.

Typical immature 17 year old scrub that guy.

Just try this chars:

- Human Smoke (ok he´s done, but practice hard, just that).
- Scorpion (not to beat peoples, just to `practice teleport and spear with just a 4 hits combo "hk,hk,lk,lk or hp, hp, hk, b+hk or 3 hits combo hp, hp, u+lp).
- Kabal, he got many ways and easy ways to perform combos, like (for begginners) hp,hp,d+hp after you pop up jump with kick or punch and fireball (b,b,+hp), lk, lk, b+hk.
- Robo Smoke is a good choice for those who like to play umk3, use spear (is the diablo, even you could perform a spear against crossup), the teleport is not to good alone (i meant if you don´t use a another move before using teleport punch), if you do the teleport punch and hit, just jump and trhow in the air, is a very good combo, and the damage is high...

a note to you: You can only play this game and fuck everybody only if you like to play Mortal Kombat, if not just give it up, cus is you don´t like a game is just because you will never like it and a game that don´t like it it doesn´t interest for you

rzp said:
Just try this chars:

- Human Smoke (ok he´s done, but practice hard, just that).
- Scorpion (not to beat peoples, just to `practice teleport and spear with just a 4 hits combo "hk,hk,lk,lk or hp, hp, hk, b+hk or 3 hits combo hp, hp, u+lp).
- Kabal, he got many ways and easy ways to perform combos, like (for begginners) hp,hp,d+hp after you pop up jump with kick or punch and fireball (b,b,+hp), lk, lk, b+hk.
- Robo Smoke is a good choice for those who like to play umk3, use spear (is the diablo, even you could perform a spear against crossup), the teleport is not to good alone (i meant if you don´t use a another move before using teleport punch), if you do the teleport punch and hit, just jump and trhow in the air, is a very good combo, and the damage is high...

a note to you: You can only play this game and fuck everybody only if you like to play Mortal Kombat, if not just give it up, cus is you don´t like a game is just because you will never like it and a game that don´t like it it doesn´t interest for you
I didnt know you could use the spear against cross-ups.. O_O

stahan said:
After playing this game for like 3 months, I have plateaued. I can either really easily beat people or get really owned.

Everyone knows how to counter Human smoke, and I can't really do anything else to win.

Plus I get called noob a lot like by cwel vonzilla when I block a lot, then I beat them and they kick me. Then I play good people like PapaJester and N1nja Lord and get severely owned.

Worst part is that sublime snuggles or whatever her gamertag is beat me 2 out of 3 times this morning. After getting whooped by a chick, my drive to get better diminishes.
Well ive been playing longer than you have. Ive been playing for 7 months. I'm no where near the best, but I think of myself above average. Youve only been playing 3 months, that may seem long but its really not. UMK3 is so much different than any other competitive game. It takes very long to master offensive, and defensive strategies. Just recently In one day I completly changed the way I play. And I do 100x better against good players. I feel that I get better every day I play.

But if you do not enjoy playing than you shouldn't play. Ive tried for months to get my friends in to UMK3 but its just too hard. If you don't want to play than there's nothing you can do.

Just keep practicing, and playing you'll get better in time. :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Robot Smoke's collision detection is also more favorable on cross ups with the spear.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The collision for Robot Smoke is very narrow because of the way he is standing, vs Scorpion's which is a bit wider and the animation itself makes Robot's connect almost instantaneously.

stahan

Noob
Wow, I didn't expect this kind of feedback. I appreciate it. I think I'm gonna take PapaJester's advice and take some time off. And learn another character. Probably Reptile

stahan said:
Wow, I didn't expect this kind of feedback. I appreciate it. I think I'm gonna take PapaJester's advice and take some time off. And learn another character. Probably Reptile
You gotta figure, too... some days you're just off. I don't think I won a single match today, I couldn't do the simplest counters. And the more you lose the more aggravating it gets. Throw in 97 degree heat and I was ready to say to hell with this game, too. You just gotta give it a rest sometimes and then play it again later.

Also, it helps to lose to the same guy over and over. Usually after a while, you start getting closer and closer, then you maybe win a match. That means you're getting better and adjusting. Just stick with it.

ZAQ

Noob
They are all standin around with matching shirts and tools in the yard, I assumed they were working. Goddd, you must be Georgian peach.