What's new

Human Smoke's 2x spear

how come human smoke can use his spear 2x in a combo, when robo smoke and scorpion can only use it 1x? isn't that kind of broken?

Derek

Noob
Scorpion can do two spears also, it's just very hard considering he doesn't have a pop-up auto combo. You can spear someone in the corner and then round house them and spear again. R. Smoke can also do two spears. There is a four hit limit on spears meaning you can do Spear, Hit, Hit, spear or Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Spear.

ded

Elder God
two spears combos:

hsmoke: aaJK, Spear, RH, TP, Spear...
hsmoke: aaHP, Spear, HK, LP, Spear...
hsmoke: Spear, HK, LP, JK/TP, Spear....
hsmoke: Spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, TP Whiff, aaHP, GC Spear (without TP whiff it can be done with JK GC)

and etc...

rsmoke: harpoon, hk, hk, lp, harpoon...
rsmoke: harpoon, hp, hp, lp, harpoon...
scorpion: aaJK/aaHP, spear, rh, tp, Spear...
scorpion: spear, rh, tp, spear...

+ a lot of glitchy scenarios (bomb through uppercut, uppercut interupt and etc)

l SuGaR l said:
Scorpion can do two spears also, it's just very hard considering he doesn't have a pop-up auto combo. You can spear someone in the corner and then round house them and spear again. R. Smoke can also do two spears. There is a four hit limit on spears meaning you can do Spear, Hit, Hit, spear or Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Spear.
Actually its spear, hit, hit, hit, spear

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
spear, pause, hit, hit, pause, spear
spear, hit, hit, hit, pause, spear
spear, hit, hit, hit, hit, spear.

MKK hanzo

LOL this reminded me that I found a 2 spear combo midscreen with R.Smoke! Have it (the spear) be reset by Liu Kang Bike Kick and liu will bounce in the air. Then either Spear again or Teleport Uppercut but fast because Liu will fall...

zshinok was saying that he uses the analog stick on the controller, and he was hella fast. i havent ever tried it cause it seems harder

Shock said:
Why don't you just buy one if and when they get a bit cheaper?
Money doesn't come by me easily, and I can't live off hopes and dreams that the price will fall into a reasonable range.

I don't see what's so bad about the 360 controller. For me it's perfect. It's like it was MADE for UMK3 or something, I love it.

If I was offered a stick for free I wouldn't take it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
DARXYD3 said:
I don't see what's so bad about the 360 controller. For me it's perfect. It's like it was MADE for UMK3 or something, I love it.

It's funny because the Dpad is actually quite terrible for UMK3, and being forced to have the run button on the left is nearly impossible to deal with in certain situations, making some combos set ups and tactics worthless. Thankfully it was though because it may have caused problems in making sticks because of the triggers.

DARXYD3 said:

Pfft yea give me the stick then. I would kill for a good stick like one from Dreaded Fist

It's just that I don't have to move my hands at all to hit anything. I can hit every button instantly.

And I use the analog stick, not that horrid D-pad.

I refuse to use the d-pad on the regular 360 controller. The analog is so much less frustrating but it forces you to use the triggers because the left bumber is WAY too close. Madcatz controller allows me to use the d-pad, even though I still have some accidental jumps/ducks.

DAVE101 said:
I refuse to use the d-pad on the regular 360 controller. The analog is so much less frustrating but it forces you to use the triggers because the left bumber is WAY too close. Madcatz controller allows me to use the d-pad, even though I still have some accidental jumps/ducks.
I NEVER use the Bumpers. I use Dpad and analog stick. I just play weird :wink:

You don't use the bumpers? I always use the bumpers (and the analog just to put it out there) Only time I use the triggers is when I'm doing Kung Lao's spin, because I have trouble with it on the bumper.

abc ur dead0 said:
DAVE101 said:
I NEVER use the Bumpers. I use Dpad and analog stick. I just play weird :wink:
I use both too. Like when I'm doing Robosmoke's invisibility, I'll buffer the up up with the D-pad. But for normal gameplay, I just use the analog stick, which pisses me off sometimes. Like, once in a while I'll go for a jump kick but it sweeps instead.. it has costed me the match in some cases.