What's new

Human sektor superior to robo and UMK3 sektor

Somberness

Lights
Fuck it, I'll be the asshole...

I don't think the upmissile portion is accurate. The 122 stuff I haven't tried to compare so I'll leave that aside, but the upmissile stuff, I've gone back and forth on. Based on my OWN experience and constant testing, Human Sektor's upmissile is slower than Cyber Satan's. This one piece is so vital to me, I never pick human because of it.

It's hard not to sound like a D-bag arguing against someone who tested frame data, but it is what it is. :D
You will see the light and you will like it.

First image: The first frame of the attack, number 440.
Second image: The frame after the attack is done, 510. The reason I select the frame after it hits is because it is easy to calculate the speed of an attack this way, I can just minus the the A selection number from the B. In reality, the selected number of frames is 71 but I know it is actually 70 if you count from 1 to the frame it hits.
Third image: Same as the first but with robot version.
Fourth image: 71st frame, but hits again after 70 frames. 401-331 = 70

By the way, this is from the game's first version, so it has always been like this.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Ah, the devil is in the details!

This may be too much to ask, but is there any way to test upmissile input to RELEASE of upmissile? This is what I've been talking about all along, so we've been looking at 2 different things! You have tested from 1st frame to hit frame, I've been discussing 1st frame to RELEASE frame. If it is the same - the 1st frame to hit frame, I won't dispute that, my issue is with the time it takes for the upmissile to become active in the first place. It coming out slow, the last thing I want is to be hit out of it when it is so much better to have it on screen than not.

Scenario: I'm Robo Sektor playing against Noob. We both have 5% life. We are full screen from each other. Never mind the absurdity, but let's assume I launch upmissile and Noob goes for his Teleslam. My upmissile just barely gets off but Noob grabs me. My upmissile, as you know, will hit him out of the sky and drop me with no damage, effectively winning me the round. What happens if this same scenario occurs with Human Sektor? Does Noob grab me right BEFORE my upmissile is active? Did picking Human in this case just cost me the round/match?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
^What Robotic said, plus:

What about recovery frames? Do both versions recover after releasing the missile at the same time?

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Ah, the devil is in the details!

This may be too much to ask, but is there any way to test upmissile input to RELEASE of upmissile? This is what I've been talking about all along, so we've been looking at 2 different things! You have tested from 1st frame to hit frame, I've been discussing 1st frame to RELEASE frame. If it is the same - the 1st frame to hit frame, I won't dispute that, my issue is with the time it takes for the upmissile to become active in the first place. It coming out slow, the last thing I want is to be hit out of it when it is so much better to have it on screen than not.

Scenario: I'm Robo Sektor playing against Noob. We both have 5% life. We are full screen from each other. Never mind the absurdity, but let's assume I launch upmissile and Noob goes for his Teleslam. My upmissile just barely gets off but Noob grabs me. My upmissile, as you know, will hit him out of the sky and drop me with no damage, effectively winning me the round. What happens if this same scenario occurs with Human Sektor? Does Noob grab me right BEFORE my upmissile is active? Did picking Human in this case just cost me the round/match?
i totally agree with robotic, idk but it just feels like robo reds upmissile is a bit faster than human, or is it only me and robotic?

Somberness

Lights
No pictures for now, but I knew you'd ask that and they both have the missile appearing on the screen on the same frame and have the same recovery.

One thing to take into account with Robo-Sektor's upmissle is that he leans back, which is a factor with 3D hitboxes. There have been several times where Scorpion or Ermac tried to TP an up-missle on reaction and ended taking it in the chin because the punch wiffed. Not a huge deal but something to consider.

Robotic

Gentleman.
One thing to take into account with Robo-Sektor's upmissle is that he leans back, which is a factor with 3D hitboxes. There have been several times where Scorpion or Ermac tried to TP an up-missle on reaction and ended taking it in the chin because the punch wiffed. Not a huge deal but something to consider.
Good point. Kenshi's Teleflurry also completely misses Robo on upmissile animation, removing an otherwise awesome weapon from Kenshi and a big reason why this matchup is in Sektor's favor. I take it Teleflurry hit's Human Sek's upmissile animation? I will attempt to test later.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, I felt like Robos came out faster but traveled slower, while Humans came out later but traveled faster, resulting in the same hit, but I guess it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

How about with the straight missiles? Does Human Sektor release the missile sooner than Robo Sektor?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Ok so I just checked out the 122 between human and robo sektor. Human's 122 reaches further horizontally than Robo's. To test just go into practice mode with both Sektors. Reset the stage with 'select' and take the smallest step forward with Human Sektor. The 122 will hit. Now do it with Robo Sektor. The 122 will miss.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Another aspect of human Sektor that I would recommend people take a look at is how low his hitbox gets while doing an up missile. I've been using human Sektor against people when fighting for serious business as of late mainly due to that feature as well as the 122 hitbox. Didn't know that you could link a 122,tu anti air with him though - that's pretty crazy.

All that said, the AA deal isn't game breaking. What is really nice his that hitbox since 12b1 and 122 are pretty important features of Sektor. Overall this is sad news though, I want to play a mother fucking ROBOT!

AC1984

Kaballin!
why is that?

P.S I hope a new pack with alternate costumes drops soon that includes an explicit Kabal block infinite one.

why is that?

P.S I hope a new pack with alternate costumes drops soon that includes an explicit Kabal block infinite one.
Unlike the classic costumes, Human Cyrax and Sektor have entirely different animations, which can drastically alter move properties when you have 3D hitboxes.

In the case of 122, the explosion starts at the chest with Robo Sektor and and in-front of the chest with Human Sektor, giving it a longer reach.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I went back and forth and tested this with my own primitive technology AGAIN....my thumb. Everyone who wants to try this, by all means...

Launch an upmissile with Human Sektor and do not stop pressing 3 until you see the missile come out. Press as fast as your thumb can do it and kep track of how many times you press the button. I can consistently get it to 6 presses when the upmissile fires.

Try the same thing with Robo. As fast as you can again, fire the upmissile. I can get my presses to 5 when it fires.

Something isn't adding up here.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to make sense due to the first frame of the appearance of the upmissile. It comes out of Robo's chest, it is lower and the missile must travel farther, so it comes out just a little bit faster. Human shoots it from his upward extended arm, higher than the chest and subsequently traveling a slightly shorter distance to get to its target. For it to be identical frames between the input and the hit, Human's upmissile appearance on the screen is slightly slower than Robo's.

Jesus rollerblading Christ costumes are supposed to be for aesthetics only!

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I just tested Kenshi's teleflurry against human sek's up missle as well. It whiffs just like it does against robo sek. Robo sek does have a lower hitbox that some standing 1's will whiff against him more often and they'll hit human sektor but thats a negligible difference tbh.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I think what Robotic meant is the number of frames since execution until the missile comes out. In other words, the whole animation not just the frame prior to the missile showing up.

They are more than likely to be the same amount, but still I'd be nice to have numeric confirmation.

Somberness

Lights
Very good stuff.
Does humans' wiffed teleport punch have longer recovery? It has always felt like that to me but it may have just been in my head.
Nope, the same.

I think what Robotic meant is the number of frames since execution until the missile comes out. In other words, the whole animation not just the frame prior to the missile showing up.

They are more than likely to be the same amount, but still I'd be nice to have numeric confirmation.
I was tired and didn't post an explanation but if you look at the previous image the video is the same. So the starting frame is the same as before which means both take 33 frames for the missile to appear.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I was tired and didn't post an explanation but if you look at the previous image the video is the same. So the starting frame is the same as before which means both take 33 frames for the missile to appear.
My bad, didn't notice that. Thanks a lot.

Decisions, decisions, human or robot? Human Sektor has an epic man pony-tail, but is fugly as fuck... *Insert_Robot_Sektor_grunt_noise*

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Robo Sektor is the coolest looking character in the game tied with MK1 Reptile. Robo Sektor WINS!

Decisions, decisions, human or robot?
I will willingly handicap myself over a mater of principle. You just can't top Robo-Satan. The spirit may be willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised.

Besides, it's not like the difference between Human and Robo Cyrax. There's an entire tier between those two.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
yeah, i can manage to win with robo sek, its not much of a difference after all, besides it gives me additional spunk while he laughs when i connect the dreaded tu

Robo sektor:
-One of, if not, the coolest looking character in the game
-Has evil robotic laugh when connects EX TU
-Has that cool Matrix 101011101 effect on TU
-Has one of, if not, the best battle cry "(baddass evil robot voice) I will show no mercy!"
-Has the UMK3 costume for that nostalgia boost

Human sektor
-Looks like Shang Tsung's retarded twin brother
-Fires missiles that are larger than the device they are coming from
-Is human
-Is not a robot

Yeah, i think ill be sticking with robo sek 90% of the time!