What's new

How's this game doing in your community or circle of friends?

Has your community stuck with Injustice?

• Yes, they're playing it quite actively and loving it.

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Yes, but A LOT of people have dropped it and many who play don't like it.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No, my XBL/PSN group has dropped it by large.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, and even my offline scene has dropped it.

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
A ton of my friends online on my friends list are still playing. My competitive fighting game scene in Cleveland still plays. Even my group of close friends in real life that I see on a daily basis still love and play Injustice, and they don't even really like fighting games usually

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
A ton of my friends online on my friends list are still playing. My competitive fighting game scene in Cleveland still plays. Even my group of close friends in real life that I see on a daily basis still love and play Injustice, and they don't even really like fighting games usually
Injustice is an amazing game for casuals to play.
You bring in the FGC demographic and mix it with comic enthusiasts and you get one big booming community!
Or at least I'd like to hope so.

Persona 4 Arena's actually pretty popular because of the same 'merging' of different demographics (FGC with RPG/Persona players)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Injustice is an amazing game for casuals to play.
You bring in the FGC demographic and mix it with comic enthusiasts and you get one big booming community!
Or at least I'd like to hope so.

Persona 4 Arena's actually pretty popular because of the same 'merging' of different demographics (FGC with RPG/Persona players)

Yeah I have alot of friends that play video games, but they never like took them seriously (like tournaments and stuff) but when Injustice came out they all played me so much, they actually got really good. I have a group of like 3 or 4 friends that are actually pretty decent at Injustice and it's their first fighting game. My cousin Jeremy doesn't even own a copy of Injustice, but he is one of the best Shazams I have ever fought because he plays me everyday offline lol

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Those friends of mine who has consoles couldn't care less about fighting games and those who do have no access to them. So they mostly just come over sometime and play with me and they like the game and are willing to learn but soon get bored because they lack the means to actually dwelve deeper into the game themselves. Online I have a few friends who played it, most of them challenged me "to see if u can play dem fightinggames" and after 2 or 3 losses they just don't play with me or dropped it. And are back to playing CoD/BF. I have PND OmegaK (how do I tag someone btw?) on my friend list but the last time we've tried to play we couldn't connect to each other. And that was looong before Injustice release, maybe it should be tried again! And there are two more up there who play it, but one is more into MAHVEL and the other hasn't been active lately. There is an offline scene for FGs here in Hungary and it's "only" an hour and half to get there. But they have gatherings on weekdays. And they play Tekken.

tl; dr - It's doing bad :(((((( .

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
People here play BlazBlue,Persona,and Capcom games.
Outside of the New Orleans/Shreveport crew, who always do NRS games. Guys like Eklectic and Ermaculate Slim. Although, I don't know how frequent they meet up anymore.

Observe

Noob
My friends haven't played it nearly as much as MK due to the lack of tag mode. With MK we would all play each other at someone's house and had a lot of fun but the lack of tag in this game means two people at the least are always watching.
We didnt drop it but we sure miss the 2on2s...i dont understand why nrs didnt include that game mode...even without tag attacks just raw tags in it would have been fun...a party mode somewhat.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I mean no offense to anyone on these forums, but if you're primarily playing online, then you aren't really playing at all.

If I only played online I would of quit it by now too. Online is just nonsense. You can't even walk forward and block projectiles on reaction to the starting animation online.... you just have to stay full screen, jump like a maniac, or dash block the opponent's zoning(which becomes extremely predictable AND some characters can't even reliably do it like GL).

Also, some characters are completely unviable online because they NEED the ability to walk forward and react to things in footsies range, and some strategies with characters are extremely strong online.

In general if you're playing online only your going to get sick of the game simply because of the lack of options due to input delay, no question about it.

Offline communities for this game are THRIVING because the game is so solid. Online is a muddy mess and just promotes bad habits.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't know. Everyone on my friends list not counting the people I added from this site have dropped it. I lent my physical copy to an IRL friend to see if he likes it enough to buy it. Doesn't look that way though. :(

Any scenes in the MD area? I got a few people I play offline with but I want to see how we stack up offline vs other people. I mainly play Injustice with a little MK,SF, and SC5 here and there

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I mean no offense to anyone on these forums, but if you're primarily playing online, then you aren't really playing at all.

If I only played online I would of quit it by now too. Online is just nonsense. You can't even walk forward and block projectiles on reaction to the starting animation online.... you just have to stay full screen, jump like a maniac, or dash block the opponent's zoning(which becomes extremely predictable AND some characters can't even reliably do it like GL).

Also, some characters are completely unviable online because they NEED the ability to walk forward and react to things in footsies range, and some strategies with characters are extremely strong online.

In general if you're playing online only your going to get sick of the game simply because of the lack of options due to input delay, no question about it.

Offline communities for this game are THRIVING because the game is so solid. Online is a muddy mess and just promotes bad habits.

By this logic, REO doesn't play the game

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Almost the entirety of our PA scene has dropped the game. Throughout our brief period of denial, we tried to popularize the game here but it mostly went like this:

Now we just play other stuff... and drink. It helps with the coping.
Team Yardley is still playing, that sucks we were looking forward to sing you guys over the summer

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Any scenes in the MD area? I got a few people I play offline with but I want to see how we stack up offline vs other people. I mainly play Injustice with a little MK,SF, and SC5 here and there
I live in MD and the only person i played with has officially dropped the game so im down for some matches, ps3 or xbox?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
By this logic, REO doesn't play the game

Him and Tom play all the time offline.

If you wanted to make a point you should of said Perfect Legend instead. But he's always understood that online has its drawbacks when it comes to learning things at a higher level.

ryublaze

Noob
My irl friends either don't play fighting games or they play them casually so I don't really play MK9/Injustice with them. I think I've played Injustice once at piemaster 's house, otherwise we play online.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Isn't MD's Xanadu monthly today? Actually, they should be streaming right now. http://testyourmight.com/events/xanadu-monthly-saturday-june-8th-cookout.908/ and the stream is twitch.tv/vgbootcamp, what better place to meet people than at a tourney, I'm sure there's plenty of MD players there as well as VA and DE. If anything you probably ask whoever's commentating the stream as well. DMV should have a matchfinder thread too. NoobSaibot Also, to answer the OP question, my group online still plays Injustice. I have no offline scene though and the closest one is MN and that's 5 hours away from ND. I miss living in Jersey and going to 8 on the Break.

I live in MD and the only person i played with has officially dropped the game so im down for some matches, ps3 or xbox?
One of the guys that still plays and myself play PS3 and my other friend plays xbox, but I'm 100% free online. I drop everything and get hit by things i see coming. I just need more practice but I'm down for some matches. My psn is my username. Don't laugh @ my online record lol

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
One of the guys that still plays and myself play PS3 and my other friend plays xbox, but I'm 100% free online. I drop everything and get hit by things i see coming. I just need more practice but I'm down for some matches. My psn is my username. Don't laugh @ my online record lol
Lol I'm 100% the same way, my online record isnt even mine really, it's mostly my cousin cuz he likes playing online with Grundy. I'll probably be on later today, I'll probably use Deathstroke and Batman.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Him and Tom play all the time offline.

If you wanted to make a point you should of said Perfect Legend instead. But he's always understood that online has its drawbacks when it comes to learning things at a higher level.

Nah, I made my point.

Our offline scene for Injustice has grown a lot.

We have our core MK group that has stuck through things (have several new MK members as well).

We now have some Capcom/SRK guys playing, and a few micro-communities spread out through AZ (Tucson, Levine, Tempe, Glendale/Peoria).

My friends seem to still be playing we have a few new players that are casuals but they are really new to fighting games. I think the lack of tag mode hurt a little for my RL friends as they prefer being able to meet up and have random tag partners and such for the night allways ended up being awesome with MK. I hope injustice 2 if its made turns out to have a tag mode.