What's new

Howdy!

Hello everyone! I found this forum by accident looking for some combos and strategies on how to improve my MK skills and just thought I could learn a lot more by creating an account and asking around any questions I may have.
I live in Texas but right now I dont own any console =( , I play MK whenever I have a chance at some friends house, hopefully I will get a new ps3 soon :D
Well my favorite Character till 5 minutes ago was Cyber Sub-Zero, but I booked he is not rly popular around here (Seriously guys? He fought Goro and Kintaro at same time alone and won, he is a god), so the next favorite character in the list is Sub-Zero. I also wanted to master Smoke and Liu-Kang, but thats only after I can consider myself good enough with Sub-Zero.

Well thats my MK background pretty much :) hope I get along with TYM and you guys get along with me :D

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
My advice: play everyone and don't let tier lists discourage you from enjoying characters you like. MK is a fighting game with the majority of the roster is viable in some way.

Btw, I love Cyber Sub too and his rushdown game is GDLK.

The thing is I'm quite a noob in fighting games, I've always preferred the slower ones (MK Deception, Armageddon, and Def Jam Fight for NY), so now I'm starting to play the 2D ones. I have Super Street Fighter IV and started playing online for a while, I pretty much got pwnd in every single game, so now I want to change this and become an actual good MK player.
The problem with playing cyber sub is that there's few support and my current skills doesnt let me come up with good combos (yet)

BookBurning

Voidwards
Welcome to the site NickTunes. Fighting games can be really grueling at first and I doubt you'll find a single person who's good at them who will tell you that it was easy for any of them at first. Samsung is also completely correct, don't bother with tier lists, play who you love and if you stick with it and have dedication, I promise you that you will see your skill improving quite rapidly.

Goodluck man and best of luck to you.

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
The Cyber Sub Character thread should have a few instructional videos that list out his combos and his bread and butter strings.