What's new

How would you rate the NEW MKasts?

How would you rate the "weekly" MKasts?

• It's awesome and I only hope that they keep it up!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two Thumbs Way Up!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I appreciate that fact that they're doing this for us.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The MKasts have given me new hope for MK.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • They're exciting and I love watching and contributing questions.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Taking into consideration that they obviously cannot answer everyone's questions, but as they've mentioned... MK would not be without us, so I would like to take the time to run a poll here and have each of you rate the "weekly" MKast.

Also, if you have any suggestions overall for the MKast, please post them in this thread... because you never know who's reading the forums. ;)

Are they going to do character specific walk throughs up until release (showing us character move sets and giving us general strategy and combos)? Maybe they could do like two characters a week or something.

Are they going to consider asking the pro MK (read: UMK3) players to come in and test their games before release? I assume if they REALLY want their game to become competitive and make any noise at EVO2011, it's critical that they do indeed consider this.

Are all characters in the game going to be tested for balance? Will boss characters have two versions of themselves? It's really unfortunate if we'll have to ban characters at future tournaments. The fewer bans in a game, the more respect it'll gain from other communities...thus possibly generating more interest to play this game.

Are characters going to have their own specific kombat arena/stage/music theme? Here's to hoping a lot of arranged versions of the classic MK - UMK3 themes return.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This game may seemingly and hopefully revive MK as a whole; with that said... are we looking at Tournament-worthy games from here on out? This is what I want to see and I want to see MK9 and UMK3 take on EVO in 2011. Let's make it happen!!!

As far as major offline tournaments that are showcasing Mortal Kombat, in the future would it be possible to get advertising help from WB and the MK team, via Twitter, Facebook, etc? I must say that I am very happy with MK's new direction and am very grateful that they are housed with WB Games now. It really seems like what WE as the fans and as the community have to say really does matter and has an impact on the game.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
The Mkast are cool to watch. I just wish that they would get into some more details. I would say between 5-6 minutes of just rambling about things we have heard before or talking about the game shows they were at. The shout out to check was a cool highlight though.

MKasts are for the fans

MK is nothing without the fans

Me getting mentioned today wasn't possible without the fans

They focused on gameplay this early = good

Showing off gameplay while talking about it = good, but would rather see them playing it while talking about it. Whenever i go to Infusions for casuals, im always pointing out various gameplay aspects for all the characters/matchups and whatnot.

Speed at which The MKasts are being released = could be better.

Its already been mentioned to make more of their time in between parts. Yes we heard about FP/BP mechanics, generally speaking. But other than that, we didnt hear much else out of 13 minutes, but im happy with what they are doing.

In future MKasts = Update us on gameplay aspects that havent been tested yet (Super Meter).

and with that said: focus on gameplay in more of the MKasts. Keep taking questions. Show us you want to give the fans the best MK possible. Spend less time on subjects you dont plan on talking about yet, like the Super Meter.

In closing im satisfied either way, because they dont have to do this. They do it for the fans. They know how important the fans are to the game because in actuality, we are pretty small. Them taking the time out today to holler at me was... well. a lot to me on a personal level, but to all of you fans, you know how much ive done. Now you know they are listening without me having to tell you they are.... Now every MK fan should know.

Again, this is for the fans. And like ive always said to you throughout the years: Without your support, i would not have the inspiration to keep making videos. They know this, we know this, I know this.

We are all a family here and are going to be knowing each other for a long time, so get acquainted. Them reaching out to their fans like this is what they are doing as well.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Check, that was the most beautiful group of words ever :D lol.

I'm content just having the team talk about the game. It doesn't even have to be new information for me so long as they do this for us. I for one love hearing anything I can about the new game, and these MKasts. especially episode 2 part 2 really REALLY keeps me calm and eager for the game. Knowing everything they said I can worry a little less on some factors I think can break the game and calmly converse with the TYM community about it so we can all get our ideas across and enjoy the content that we get of the game.

Check, that was the most beautiful group of words ever :D lol.

I'm content just having the team talk about the game. It doesn't even have to be new information for me so long as they do this for us. I for one love hearing anything I can about the new game, and these MKasts. especially episode 2 part 2 really REALLY keeps me calm and eager for the game. Knowing everything they said I can worry a little less on some factors I think can break the game and calmly converse with the TYM community about it so we can all get our ideas across and enjoy the content that we get of the game.
That was pretty damn good too.

The reason why TYM excels is because we don't allow drama here. Thats why you feel as calm as you do.

The developers don't want to come here and see the people who are playing their games arguing/hating on each other etc. Its embarrassing.

BTW, I'm a writer, so thats why you may have found my words enjoyable to read :)

Anyway, thank you for the kind words. Your post was extremely level-headed and I'm sure where most people stand. Personally, id love a chance to fly out there and have a personal 1 on 1 session with them, maybe even be on one of the MKasts. Now THAT would be interesting.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Check I'm a writer too sort of. Poetry, stories, and what not. Was always praised in school for my writing capability. So I know I have a gift. It would be awesome seeing you in a future mast too. That would kick so much ass. :).