What's new

How would you rank the characters on Lameness.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Kabal is the most fun character to fight in the game. Nothing lame about him, unless you come across a good one in tourney, then it's lame. Same goes for Kenshi, that character is a hoot to play against, until it matters. ;)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Mileena for sure. Jax and that damn Jump kick air grab bullshit. Reptile sends me into fits....sometimes Raiden.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
1. Kenshi.
2. Kitana.
3. Lao.
4. Smoke.

Kabal's fine, except for that EX Nomad Dash.
Cyrax is also fine.

#LifeofaKratos
u only say kabal is fine cuz u main kratos xD

RunwayMafia , got tired of me fishing for that jk air grab? lol
Don't forget Freddy Krueger.
Understandable that you would feel this way, for Kratos eats LK-4D4s for breakfast. :p
lk-4d4's? whats that

james1926

Kombatant
I choose Kung lao as the lamest character in the game. Kabal might be the best character in the game, but at least he requires skill. With Kung lao a noob can defeat a good player. No matter how well you know how to fight him he has so many tools you will never know what to expect. It just feels so lame when you are losing to Kung laos that are jumping around all the time. You hesitate to attack because of the spin that beats everything, you can't risk to antiair him because he might teleport or fly kick, which makes it easy for him to pressure with his stupid safe mixups. And online when you read a teleport instead of a punish he gets a full combo.

And to all of you that are saying Mileena is lame, with all due respect I say you just don't know how to deal with her.

Wigy

There it is...
I choose Kung lao as the lamest character in the game. Kabal might be the best character in the game, but at least he requires skill. With Kung lao a noob can defeat a good player. No matter how well you know how to fight him he has so many tools you will never know what to expect. It just feels so lame when you are losing to Kung laos that are jumping around all the time. You hesitate to attack because of the spin that beats everything, you can't risk to antiair him because he might teleport or fly kick, which makes it easy for him to pressure with his stupid safe mixups. And online when you read a teleport instead of a punish he gets a full combo.

And to all of you that are saying Mileena is lame, with all due respect I say you just don't know how to deal with her.

I'm sick of hearing that kabal takes so much skill. He fricken doesn't take nearly as much as people say. Nomad dash cancel pressure is easy as fuck unless you're doing like 2 ndc 2 ndc 2 or something, i can do iagb pretty consistent on the old xbox controller d-pad. And cause his tools are so OP hes ez sauce. Skarlet is 129 times harder. Kabal you don't have to make 1/10 of the reads to win the match other characters you just spam projectiles and use his OP pressure. I haven't played highest level so i'm completely open to be blown up on this but there is much higher execution characters.

james1926

Kombatant
I'm sick of hearing that kabal takes so much skill. He fricken doesn't take nearly as much as people say. Nomad dash cancel pressure is easy as fuck unless you're doing like 2 ndc 2 ndc 2 or something, i can do iagb pretty consistent on the old xbox controller d-pad. And cause his tools are so OP hes ez sauce. Skarlet is 129 times harder. Kabal you don't have to make 1/10 of the reads to win the match other characters you just spam projectiles and use his OP pressure. I haven't played highest level so i'm completely open to be blown up on this but there is much higher execution characters.
Actually I was just comparing him to Kung lao. With Kung lao it's very possible for a noob with some luck to defeat a good player. With Kabal a noob cannot defeat a good player, with the assumption that most people agree that a player who can ndc pressure correctly (correctly means that a lot of people think they can do the ndc pressure but they don't do it right at all) and iagb with at least 90% success, is not a noob.

Even so, you are still overrating Kabal a bit. He is definately the best in the game but he is not unbeatable. 1/10 reads? lol man no way. Maybe 3/10 against some characters but not 1/10. I agree that Skarlet is hard too, but I don't know if she is harder than Kabal. For sure not 129 times harder. Who else do you think is harder than Kabal?

Note that I don't know how easy is to iagb with the controller you are referring to, but with the ps3 controller I can't do it consistently and that's one of the reasons I find Kabal hard. If it's a lot easier to iagb with other controllers then my opinion on "Kabal requires skill" might change.

Wigy

There it is...
Actually I was just comparing him to Kung lao. With Kung lao it's very possible for a noob with some luck to defeat a good player. With Kabal a noob cannot defeat a good player, with the assumption that most people agree that a player who can ndc pressure correctly (correctly means that a lot of people think they can do the ndc pressure but they don't do it right at all) and iagb with at least 90% success, is not a noob.

Even so, you are still overrating Kabal a bit. He is definately the best in the game but he is not unbeatable. 1/10 reads? lol man no way. Maybe 3/10 against some characters but not 1/10. I agree that Skarlet is hard too, but I don't know if she is harder than Kabal. For sure not 129 times harder. Who else do you think is harder than Kabal?

Note that I don't know how easy is to iagb with the controller you are referring to, but with the ps3 controller I can't do it consistently and that's one of the reasons I find Kabal hard. If it's a lot easier to iagb with other controllers then my opinion on "Kabal requires skill" might change.

okay, if somebody is a complete noob, yes kabal is ass.. but if two equally skilled player, one using like jax for intance and the other kabal, who are both pretty decent, the kabal will always win, and will have to make 1/5 the reads, as his zoning is stupid safe all he's ever going to get hit by is a blocked jax projectile. Jax also has to work harder to pressure and will have to make around 20 or so reads a match at least just to get in on him, sure he has an 8f high breaker, but after most of his strings you can get away.

TL/DR In an ideal game, your characters awesomeness should be relative to their execution. On a difficulty scale i'd give kabal a 6 difficulty and a 10 on awesomeness (as he is undisputed #1) Kenshi is similiar to this.

Just so you know, the old xbox dpad is the worst of any.