What's new

How would you have liked to see MK11 characters designed?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
A lot of people think the cast of MK11 feels a bit basic in the gameplay department. Question is, how you would guys have designed characters to make them more interesting? Give your examples, and who knows, maybe we’ll see them pop up in a future MK title. This is just for fun though, try not to argue guys lol

For me? Remove variations altogether.

Sonya: I’d like to see NRS bring us the more classic, athletic style of Sonya from the MK1-3 era as opposed to this one that relies too much on technology, IMO. I want big kicks, kart wheels, dive kicks, air bicycle kicks, etc. Let Cassie have all the toys (no pun intended).

Jacqui: Jacqui has this awesome energy wall that only get to see in her throw and Fatal Blow. I say, make it a core part of her gameplay. She doesn’t have projectiles, so allowing her to basically put a corner up wherever she wanted would be awesome for a rushdown character. Corner combos included.

Baraka: Let him use his blades more. I think it’s silly that Baraka can only choose to use his blades for certain normals in one variation. Why not allow him to do this for a host of moves? Make them do extra chip or have extra range at the cost of frames, etc. Bonus, give him health for his noms.

Cassie: Let her use her adorable drone more. I wish it would fly in and help her beat the shit out of people. Give it more personality like her own, personal Wall-E. Remember Puggles?

Scorpion: I really wish he’d have more base moves with his chain. Not that I want him flipping around like pre-Boy Kratos, but still. MK11 is a good start, but give me more.

How about you guys? What would you like to see for your characters in future titles?

Last edited:
Sub Zero- Ice clone has been a playstyle warping move since he got it. I can get that with how MK11 has been designed you can't have clone romping around at full force, but there absolutely should be a sub playstyle where he's "ok" mid screen, and then he gets you to the corner, gets a KD, and puts you in jail.

Avalanche exists, and it's not awful, but it's NOT the same. Trap comes out here and there, and isn't even often worth in the corner. It feels like such a letdown. Also clone into EX slide was hype as hell. You can trap into ex slide but it's so not the same for a whole bunch of reasons.

Shang- i'm just salty such a fun looking move like fire tornado is still variation locked.

Noob- why even give him no block ball if you're going to make it that bad? It's almost insulting and a huge shame that to my knowledge there's still almost no real match use for it. Oh and did anyone ever find a use for sickle toss? Edit- If they didn't at the very least I think ti should be significantly plus on block. It's an eternity to start so at the very least give me something to do when they block it. There's a few ways to set it up to force a check, and that'd at least lead to an interesting threat between his very slow overhead (but with followup pressure) or one of his better lows (like the KB one)

It's odd because I don't want the game to b 9/X, and some characters are playing basically the game I want to play (most of the top tier is doing stuff), but then you've got people who's kits just don't work, or at least the unique parts. Characters being playable by ignoring their most interesting moves feels like such a letdown.

Last edited: