What's new

How will the new "Break" effect the game?

unfortunately I can not play the BETA. I'm a PC player and do not have a console. So my days as a player are over... but I'm very excited for what the new break means.. what with both players loosing stamina.

Now assuming this is not a bug and is intentional..

I'm curious to how people think it will change the larger game in MKx. I mean there are a lot of characters that reply on run cancels (HW Jax for example) and other characters that require stamina in other ways (Cassie for example).

It seams to me that characters with strong advancing normals will suffer far less, in fact people like S-Quan who can pressure so well with out stamina will in some ways be massively buffed.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I just can't wait to see some high level Summoner Quan versus Sektor matches - like Wonderchef versus Ketchup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Makes Vicious F/T stupidly good because we don't use meter for anything else, and it makes them sit there and take that 50/50 game.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Losing both stamina is wrong,they should both keep it.
If you try to get in against a summoner and let's say you do,once he will perform a breaker he doesn't take the damage and then will zone you out to death.
This is a thought and a scenario I would like to share once the thread gives me the chance.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Losing both stamina is wrong,they should both keep it.
If you try to get in against a summoner and let's say you do,once he will perform a breaker he doesn't take the damage and then will zone you out to death.
This is a thought and a scenario I would like to share once the thread gives me the chance.
Unless summoner quan gets some heavy nerfs this patch, that is.

Goat-City

Banned
It will not be a massive buff to anyone as I explained in the beta change thread. There was enough discussion about this change in the beta balance change thread already. This thread is unnecessary.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Will he get nerfed?
There is a possibility.
The doombawkz prophecy is as such...

Buff me, for no other shall hold the torch
Nerf thee, for no other shall hold me back

So I'm expecting buffs for my guy, and nerfs to Quan and Tanya.

Goat-City

Banned
Will he get nerfed?
Paulo pretty much confirmed he's getting nerfed in one of Lord Brady's twitch chats. I don't remember his exact words but basically he was explaining how Summoner was originally designed to be ridiculously strong offensively but weak defensively, and then he followed that up by saying "...but that was Summoner in 2015" or something like that.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Paulo pretty much confirmed he's getting nerfed in one of Lord Brady's twitch chats. I don't remember his exact words but basically he was explaining how Summoner was originally designed to be ridiculously strong offensively but weak defensively, and then he followed that up by saying "...but that was Summoner in 2015" or something like that.
I get you,anyway thank you guys for the reply.