What's new

How well do you know your stuff for MLG Halo 3?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
CoD merely SCRATCHES the fundamentals of map control. And FPS gaming in general. Psshh, Domination spawn control is hard? Try SWAT spawn control.

A 1v1 in CoD will NEVER EVER EVER be as fun as a 1v1 in Halo 3. Hell even Octagon is more fun than any 1v1 CoD 4 ACOG Sniper matches in Shipment.
Octagon with instant respawn. Too many memories.

YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
CE was the most hype. Watching Zyos 3 shot kids cross map, and 5 second flag caps on battle creek were so tight. 2 had the highest level of skill, and Final Boss v.s. Carbon are some of the greatest matches of video game history. 3 was the game I actually traveled for, and it was really a fun game. Online was sketchy with the hit detection, but LAN was amazing. Reach is not worth mentioning, and Halo 4 is so bad that MLG did not even pick it up.

CE was the most hype. Watching Zyos 3 shot kids cross map, and 5 second flag caps on battle creek were so tight. 2 had the highest level of skill, and Final Boss v.s. Carbon are some of the greatest matches of video game history. 3 was the game I actually traveled for, and it was really a fun game. Online was sketchy with the hit detection, but LAN was amazing. Reach is not worth mentioning, and Halo 4 is so bad that MLG did not even pick it up.
Well, there's actually a reason that MLG didn't pick up Halo 4 besides that lol.

ryublaze

Noob
I remember octagon lol that was fun. I loved team snipers too. I think once I got like a killtacular in 4v4 team snipers. I also miss Elites :/

CRUM

Noob
Halo died after 3. I was the biggest MLG Halo 3 fanatic in the world back when. I would take weekends off from work so I could watch all three days. I got to meet Walshy a PAX East and he was a cool guy. Sad to think there are no full rebroadcasts so I can relive those memories.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I played WoW for many years with a few people who worked on Halo 1-3 including the multiplayer lead and animation lead. Our guild name is in the special thanks for Halo 3

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
The day we learned y1-y2 on Guardian...jawline needed surgery.
Flag caps, no scopes, and insta-beatdowns with objective items. Timing that clock and making pushes.
That game pushed me into competitive shit.

"THE PUSH IS OVER! FALL BACK" ; "I'm a better sniper than you...""WHAT?!?!?!"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
What exactly was it that happened between MLG and the Halo/Gears communities? I wasn't there for it, but I still see the grief they get for it all the time.

CRUM

Noob
What exactly was it that happened between MLG and the Halo/Gears communities? I wasn't there for it, but I still see the grief they get for it all the time.
Reach sucked and Gears wasn't making them enough money. I, for one, hope that the new Rainbow Six makes an appearance at MLG because I loved watching competitive Rainbow Six as well.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Reach sucked and Gears wasn't making them enough money. I, for one, hope that the new Rainbow Six makes an appearance at MLG because I loved watching competitive Rainbow Six as well.
So they're just mad because the games were dropped? That's pretty pissy.

Dude, fucking ANYTHING BUT COD would be amazing for the shooters for me.
CrimsonShadow them getting dropped by MLG would be exacly like TYM dropping MK for another fighter. And that's why everybody is upset about it lol. Halo brought it upon itself though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Yeah -- that just seems like business as usual with a million-dollar company to me. Just because they pick your game up doesn't mean that it's a marriage and a lifelong relationship. I thought MLG had done something excessively nasty or underhanded.. haha

Karried was screaming bloody murder

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Did you watch COD Champs? Shit was hype.
Yes. I watched the weekend at MLG as well as the championship last weekend. 130k viewers! There have been so many close CoD matches that went down to the wire.

The problem with shooters today is, there's no competitive edge anymore. They're geared towards making ANYBODY good at them. Honestly, Halo 2 (albeit the glitchiest of them all) was the best competitive Halo game hands down. You had your input advantages, double shots, bxr's, bxb, etc, but it wasn't just about being a one man team (like everybody seems to think). Look at Final Boss in their prime, with their godlike setup they capped a flag in under 20 seconds on Beaver Creek, against a PRO TEAM. So anybody who says Halo 3 is more about teamwork than 2 was, you're wrong. All the teams had setups on every single map that required EVERYBODY to do their part, but due to all the glitches and cancel inputs, you could be a hero if you knew what you were doing. And CoD is just annoying, anytime I ever overhear somebody talking about CoD it's always the SAME CONVERSATION. "Dude yeah dude I went like 500 and 2 last night, my KD is like super godly, I was gettin' care packages lerft ernd rert, derp derp derp, erm liek number 2 in the world bro don't even try to get at me".

I get worked up over these things, long story short, Halo sucks nowadays, CoD has always sucked, and there's no hope for FPS.