What's new

Question How viable is ending a combo with F1D1 into LM?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I was in the lab with GL and I did this combo

B13, trait, lanterns might, 223, LM MB, B3, F1D1, LM, B13 LM MB, B3, LM

I just want to know if it's too impractical to even attempt trying to master. For it to work the F1 has to wiff and the D1 bounces them quick enough to get another LM off. I don't want to say that it stuffs wake ups, but It looked liked it did. I didn't set the cpu to wake up though so I don't know. Anyway I've been playing GL for a few days so could someone try this out for me and let me know. If no one responds by tonight I'll just edit the thread and record a video for it. Anyway good day fellow TYM members.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
It looks like it is a reset. I am finding it interesting! I will try it tomorrow. If you can upload a video, would be nice.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
It looks like a reset and I think you mean F2D1? It looks alright and might take someone by surprise but the animation for this string is very predictable and anyone that knows GL will block the overhead and punish the LM. It's interesting though maybe you could do F2 to reset them then try F3 or B13 see if that works, will try it out when I get home.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I messed with this early on. They can tech roll the b3 and it`ll whiff every time, even if you inch yourself forward first.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Basically I see that you're saying that ANYONE familiar with GL & his strings will see this coming and be able to block and tech roll the B3, but if they don't know the MU they'll be taken by surprise & it could work. That's all I was trying to see. Thanks.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Cool. Thanks for the info. Basically I see that you're saying that ANYONE familiar with GL & his strings will see this coming and be able to block and tech roll the B3, but if they don't know the MU they'll be taken by surprise & it could work. That's all I was trying to see. Thanks.
You could make this idea safer with OA Rocket. Since they have to block it high, you`ll hit them with the rocket and then you can MB it to be safe. Or if the overhead hits them, you can MB the rocket to launch into combo. That way you avoid the LM on block.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
B3 and F3 can't be clashed, raw projectiles outside of juggles can't be clashed, but other than that most MB moves can indeed be clashed.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
B3 and F3 can't be clashed, raw projectiles outside of juggles can't be clashed, but other than that most MB moves can indeed be clashed.
When I play against the CPU, I can't clash any MB specials even in a combo, And an online player told me that MB specials can't be clashed.