What's new

How useful is the U+3 stance?

devil_puncher

Sektor Supreme
I avoid Leg Stance, just because its to slow and you can see coming a mile away. The only time I actually use it, is when my opponent is being a turtle. So I will U3 4 them, but usually I would just throw them instead.

I play scorpion, would sektor have any options against an ex armored spear if he is in that up 3 position? BTW I think this is again one of those moves that were good, but because of all the armor right now, it would just get blown up

I play scorpion, would sektor have any options against an ex armored spear if he is in that up 3 position? BTW I think this is again one of those moves that were good, but because of all the armor right now, it would just get blown up
Depends on the distance. If he see's it and is far enough away, Sektor could go into overhead 4 and a TU, which will act like an aiTU. But Sektor would have to be fairly far away for that to work. You can cancel the leg lift with any special, but in that situation U34>TU is the best bet. Even though Sektor's TU will bounce off of Scorpion, he'll recover fast enough to maybe even leave him at a slight advantage.

Depends on the distance. If he see's it and is far enough away, Sektor could go into overhead 4 and a TU, which will act like an aiTU. But Sektor would have to be fairly far away for that to work. You can cancel the leg lift with any special, but in that situation U34>TU is the best bet. Even though Sektor's TU will bounce off of Scorpion, he'll recover fast enough to maybe even leave him at a slight advantage.
a whiffed spear is full combo punish, even if you get your teleport blocked.

I'm sure some of you probably already know this but I haven't personally seen it mentioned.

u334 b34, while functionally identical, seem to have different hitboxes. The 4 of u334 seems to have a larger hitbox than the 4 in b34 and is less likely to wiff. At point blank range, the 4 in u334 connected for me about 95% of the time where it never connected with b34. They both stop connecting completely after you get beyond a certain range, though.

Not exactly the most useful information, but information none the less.

NKZero

Noob
I'm sure some of you probably already know this but I haven't personally seen it mentioned.

u334 b34, while functionally identical, seem to have different hitboxes. The 4 of u334 seems to have a larger hitbox than the 4 in b34 and is less likely to wiff. At point blank range, the 4 in u334 connected for me about 95% of the time where it never connected with b34. They both stop connecting completely after you get beyond a certain range, though.

Not exactly the most useful information, but information none the less.
I never knew that so thank you :). Anyways there are many ways to get both hits of the B34 to hit against crouch blocking characters but it's still nice to know that bit of information.