What's new

Video/Tutorial How to Win at Mortal Kombat. Online.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Troy, thats online...maybe the guy had horrible connection....I dont get the point of this video at all.....maybe I should've recorded our matches from Friday and post them and say "here is how u play MK9 offline" ....you know what I'm saying?
Go ahead, play Kabal at a high level... that IS how you win offline. I'm the stupid one for not playing Kabal.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I WANTED THOSE FUCKING INJUSTICE FIGURES AND YOU FAILED ME!

If I hear the name "Dontay Miller" from your mouth ever again,I will murder you with a pair of chopsticks.
Dude... I thought the game was going to be MK history trivia not story mode trivia. I played the story mode once like 2 years ago I don't remember that shit. I'm sorry. :(

coolwhip

Noob
A lot of MK9 players think it's "all good" "hahah" isn't it so funny how strong some of the design decisions are/were, but it's not funny. I grew up playing sports and fighting games, the 90's fighting games in the 90's. Sports and fighters used to require similar skills. For example, if I take a shot in basketball, I better damn well make it because the odds of me getting it back instantly are slim. Same thing with positioning yourself and making decisions in fighting games. So, you had to Practice for that one chance. In baseball, if you miss after three tries that's it. You have to try again, so you better damn well be ready for that moment. Don't some of the little league teams these days give you infinite chances to hit the ball? Stupid. The "moment" is lost in MK9. Miss something? Whatever, keep doing a combo over and over or do full screen moves with Kenshi, which players Must block. Can anyone dodge all of Kenshi's attacks? No offense to poth, but that's a stupid design. Can anyone double flawless a good Kenshi? is that humanly possible? Didn't Daigo get double perfected in AE, with super broken Yun? But he still got perfected because he got outplayed and out thought. Is it possible to double flawless Pig? I doubt it. But only because it's impossible to avoid blocking from full screen. That should not be in a 2d fighting game. Sorry. Design fail imo.

In real sports you can shut people down. You can keep a guy scoreless in basketball, and you can throw a perfect game or a no hitter in baseball. MK used to highlight the double flawless, but now it's meaningless and less relevant. No trophy. Doesn't matter. Instead frenetic action is valued over methodical pacing Defensive and Offensive and yomi.
How the fuck did you make CD Jr. randomly like your post?

A lot of MK9 players think it's "all good" "hahah" isn't it so funny how strong some of the design decisions are/were, but it's not funny. I grew up playing sports and fighting games, the 90's fighting games in the 90's. Sports and fighters used to require similar skills. For example, if I take a shot in basketball, I better damn well make it because the odds of me getting it back instantly are slim. Same thing with positioning yourself and making decisions in fighting games. So, you had to Practice for that one chance. In baseball, if you miss after three tries that's it. You have to try again, so you better damn well be ready for that moment. Don't some of the little league teams these days give you infinite chances to hit the ball? Stupid. The "moment" is lost in MK9. Miss something? Whatever, keep doing a combo over and over or do full screen moves with Kenshi, which players Must block. Can anyone dodge all of Kenshi's attacks? No offense to poth, but that's a stupid design. Can anyone double flawless a good Kenshi? is that humanly possible? Didn't Daigo get double perfected in AE, with super broken Yun? But he still got perfected because he got outplayed and out thought. Is it possible to double flawless Pig? I doubt it. But only because it's impossible to avoid blocking from full screen. That should not be in a 2d fighting game. Sorry. Design fail imo.

In real sports you can shut people down. You can keep a guy scoreless in basketball, and you can throw a perfect game or a no hitter in baseball. MK used to highlight the double flawless, but now it's meaningless and less relevant. No trophy. Doesn't matter. Instead frenetic action is valued over methodical pacing Defensive and Offensive and yomi.
chip damage is in the game doesnt matter if it is kenshi it is hard to get flawless against any character with a good player controlling it. also there are no breakers in street fighter and there are less fast forward advancing moves in the game you cant defend against on reaction doesnt mean its a bad game. pig has lost rounds in tournament with kenshi almost getting flawlessed so what if the opponent had to block a few slashes and lose like 5%? its still almost a complete win.

also sonya and cyrax are broken like yun but they still get smacked by kabal( similar to seth since he is probably the best character, at least top 3 and whn played right he can flawless any character with low health or even normal heatlh). yun was very good but he was badly designed since he did too good against a part of the cast but he still had bad matchups and when he got nerfed it was even harder for him to deal with bad matchups and a lot of his good matchups were made even leaving him outside top 8 characters in ae probably,
seth, adon, cammy, akuma, fei long, c viper are without a doubt better than yun, and a ton of characters are a candidate for top 7-10.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Last time I played online I used Reptile and did nothing but walk/jump around and elbow dash and won 5 games in a row. Literally used no other move.

What does this actually prove? Nothing.

If I made a video of it and posted it on tym, it would prove:
1) I hate reptile players
2) Random people online suck
3) I am an idiot

zaf

professor
Last time I played online I used Reptile and did nothing but walk/jump around and elbow dash and won 5 games in a row. Literally used no other move.

3) I am an idiot
How long ago was this lmao?

Sometimes i get bored and do the same thing, but with bird lao.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I do this against people who won't move without jumping. Just stand there and upball/throw knives. It's entertaining for about 2 minutes.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter

3) I am an idiot
It's not mean to prove anything or be taken seriously at all.