What's new

How to use zod's parry

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Zod being able to parry Flash's F3/B3 corner shennanigans and all in the corner is nice

You can parry his MB, same goes for the parry vs GL'S f3

It seems to work against Grundy's trait, that was a surprise and the look on my training partners face at the time was true -.-

So that was weird.

Started figuring out how to use this and it's actually really good for him to have.
Once you know when they're going to counterpoke the mind games come.

For instance, what does everyone do after they block a jump in 2? Mash down1. After they block your ji2 immediately parry the down 1. Jump in 1 into parry usually won't work though due to the lower blockstun.

D12, parry
Bf3, parry

Etc

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
My opponent was terrible, but it felt so freaking good when I ended an online match with a double forward dash straight up to my opponents face and parried his poke ftw;)

I agree with the use you advertise jailhouse, but also after opponents strings that are slightly +

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Started figuring out how to use this and it's actually really good for him to have.
Once you know when they're going to counterpoke the mind games come.

For instance, what does everyone do after they block a jump in 2? Mash down1. After they block your ji2 immediately parry the down 1. Jump in 1 into parry usually won't work though due to the lower blockstun.

D12, parry
Bf3, parry

Etc
f213 ps parry :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Parry is NOT shit. 3F is the slowest parry, meaning you have fewer strings that you can parry in the middle of. The trade off is in the faster recovery time on whiff, making it good for building meter. Parry is a godsend vs Doomsday and Scorpion and in all matchups after a blocked Phantom Strike you can throw it out if you're expecting a retaliation. If they choose to buff the start up, awesome. But parry is still a good move, it's just situational.
WW's parry is slower in lasso

Parries are never useless, they just aren't as good as Killer Frost's sometimes.
You're right... sometimes they're better :)

Zods perry against flash is GOD MODE lol if you read that 6 frame move that most if not all flashs do for a wakeup... punish every single time. it almost completely neutralizes his wakeup game because it forces them to find other means to get in once there knocked down (not to mention its also full combo punished if blocked)